Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting I can't figure this out? Quick help with sed Post 302228862 by sudhamacs on Monday 25th of August 2008 04:58:52 PM
Old 08-25-2008
sed 's/[ ]*([^)]*)[ ]*/ /g'

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

a quick SED question

I have a line EXTDIR=`echo $i | sed 's/\-tar.gz//'` which looks for files ending in -tar.gz, i would like to increase the functionality so that it looks for .tar.gz files as well as -tar.gz. Do i put the - in square brackets with a dot ? like this EXTDIR=`echo $i | sed 's/\tar.gz//'` ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

quick sed question

hey, Im just wondering is there away to get sed to read from a variable eg it doesn't seem to work, i really need to be able to recursively change the same data set... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vbm
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

quick sed help

what's the code for delete everything before sssss asdf become: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: katrvu
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Quick Question on sed command in shell script

Hello, I have the following line in one of my shell scripts. It works fine when the search string($SERACH_STR) exists in the logfile($ALERTLOG) but if the search string does not exist this line errors out at run time. Is there a way to make this line return 0 if it is not able to find the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: luft
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Quick Sed Question

Just want to know why when I do the following in sed, the required is not extracted. echo "ab01cde234" | sed 's/*$//' result: ab01cde (Which is correct) echo "ab01cde234" |sed 's/.*\(*\)$/\1/' result: blank (was expecting 234) or echo "ab01cde234" |sed 's/.*\(\)*$/\1/' result: blank... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: eo29
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Quick sed/awk question

Hi fellow linux-ers, I have a quick question for you. I have the following text, which I would like to modify: 10 121E(121) 16 Jan 34S 132E 24 Feb 42 176E(176) 18 Sep 21S 164E 25 May 15 171W(-171) 09 Jul How can I do the following 2 modifications using sed and/or awk? 1. in 1st column,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lucshi09
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

README: Factorial quick chart with sed & bc:

Hi all, While doing some checks I found a kind of interesting arithmetic factorial chart with sed, sharing this may be simple but thought to share, # n=20;for i in `seq $n`;do printf "`seq $i|xargs|sed 's/ /*/g'`= ";echo "`seq $i|xargs|sed 's/ /*/g'`"| bc;done 1= 1 1*2= 2 1*2*3= 6... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with change significant figure to normal figure command

Hi, Below is my input file: Long list of significant figure 1.757E-4 7.51E-3 5.634E-5 . . . Desired output file: 0.0001757 0.00751 0.00005634 . . . (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Quick help on Understanding sed Regex

Hi Guys, Could you please kindly explain what exactly the below SED command will do ? I am quite confused and i assumed that, sed 's/*$/ /' 1. It will remove tab and extra spaces .. with single space. The issue is if it is removing tab then it should be Î right .. please assist.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nandy
3 Replies
NWBPSET(1)							      nwbpset								NWBPSET(1)

NAME
nwbpset - Create a bindery property or set its value SYNOPSIS
nwbpset [ -h ] [ -S server ] [ -U user name ] [ -P password | -n ] [ -C ] DESCRIPTION
nwbpset Reads a property specification from the standard input and creates and sets the corresponding property. The format is determined by the output of 'nwbpvalues -c'. nwbpset will hopefully become an important part of the bindery management suite of ncpfs, together with 'nwbpvalues -c'. See util/nwbpsecurity for an example. As another example, look at the following command line: nwbpvalues -t 1 -o supervisor -p user_defaults -c | sed '2s/.*/ME/'| sed '3s/.*/LOGIN_CONTROL/'| nwbpset With this command, the property user_defaults of the user object 'supervisor' is copied into the property login_control of the user object 'me'. nwbpvalues -t 1 -o me -p login_control -c | sed '9s/.*/ff/'| nwbpset This command disables the user object me. Feel free to contribute other examples! nwbpset looks up the file $HOME/.nwclient to find a file server, a user name and possibly a password. See nwclient(5) for more information. Please note that the access permissions of $HOME/.nwclient MUST be 600 for security reasons. OPTIONS
-h -h is used to print out a short help text. -S server server is the name of the server you want to use. -U user user is the user name to use for login. -P password password is the password to use for login. If neither -n nor -P are given, and the user has no open connection to the server, nwbpset prompts for a password. -n -n should be given if no password is required for the login. -C By default, passwords are converted to uppercase before they are sent to the server, because most servers require this. You can turn off this conversion by -C. AUTHORS
nwbpset was written by Volker Lendecke. See the Changes file of ncpfs for other contributors. nwbpset 8/7/1996 NWBPSET(1)