Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Timestamp & date
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Timestamp & date Post 302228529 by replytoshishir on Monday 25th of August 2008 02:23:56 AM
Old 08-25-2008
chop out the date string from the file name and use
date +%F -d "<string>"
this will convert the string date to the yyyy-mm-dd format

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

get a file date/timestamp

Could someone tell me how to get the date/time (to the second) a file was last modified? I need to know if a file was modified in the last 30 seconds from the system date. I'm on AIX/unix 4.3 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex31
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

getting date from timestamp

Hi All, i have a time stamp. from that i am trying to awk to get the year, month and date. TIME=20060614092446 DESIRED OUTPUT: 20060614 i am doing the following; TIME=20060614092446 $ TimeStarted=`expr match '$TIME' '.*\(......\)'` echo $TimeStarted i am not getting... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pavan_test
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vmstat output with date & timestamp

Hello all This is a sample vmstat output ... $ vmstat 2 2 kthr memory page disk faults cpu r b w swap free re mf pi po fr de sr hx hx hx hx in sy cs us sy id 1 0 0 23105784 7810488 323 767 1742 5 5 0 0 0 0 0 0 683 780 457 43 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: luft
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Just listing size, timestamp & name of files in a directory

How can I list the files in a directory and just show the file size, date stamp, timestamp and file name.. I've been trying to ls -lrt the directory to a file and then use the cut command but I'm not having any luck with getting the proper results.. I thought i could use the -f switch and count... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jazmania
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert date and timestamp?

Hi, I have a file file1 having data as below 20110501,070742, ,012345678909,09999999999,68.5, 20110501,070236, ,089375855455,09376383333,374.3, 20110501,070525, ,090345895555,08444233444,206.2, 20110501,230051, ,000934744433,07624262223,480.1, First field is date(YYYYMMDD) and second... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsachan
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if a date field has date or timestamp or date&timestamp

Hi, In a field, I should receive the date with time stamp in a particular field. But sometimes the vendor sends just the date or the timestamp or correctl the date&timestamp. I have to figure out the the data is a date or time stamp or date&timestamp. If it is date then append "<space>00:00:00"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: machomaddy
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Epoch & Unix Timestamp Conversion Tools

Hi All, Please read the below data carefully. I need an unix command for converting unix timestamp to Epoch timestamp. I need to daily convert this today's unix(UTC) time to epoch time, so i am thinking to make a shellscript for this. Please help me for this by providing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aish11
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Prepend TimeStamp to STDERR & STDOUT to a file

Currently I am redirecting STDERR and STDOUT to a log file by doing the following { My KSH script contents } 2>&1 | $DEBUGLOG Problem is the STDERR & STDOUT do not have any date/time associated. I want this to be something that i can embed into a script opposed to an argument I use... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitrobass24
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get a timestamp when running nohup & from a shell?

Hi, I am running nohup cp & in a shell script. How do I get a timestamp so I can get a timing of how long the copy took? Roughly, the script does something like below: date nohup cp -rp /files/source /files/target & date I am mainly wanting to know how long it took for the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing Date in the file with Create date and timestamp

Hello, I have files that with a naming convention as shown below. Some of the files have dates in the file name and some of them don't have dates in the file name. imap-hp-import-20150917.txt imap-dell-gec-import-20150901.txt imap-cvs-import-20150915.txt imap-gec-import.txt... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Saanvi1
8 Replies
DATE_SUNRISE(3) 							 1							   DATE_SUNRISE(3)

date_sunrise - Returns time of sunrise for a given day and location

SYNOPSIS
mixed date_sunrise (int $timestamp, [int $format = SUNFUNCS_RET_STRING], [float $latitude = ini_get("date.default_latitude")], [float $longitude = ini_get("date.default_longitude")], [float $zenith = ini_get("date.sunrise_zenith")], [float $gmt_offset]) DESCRIPTION
date_sunrise(3) returns the sunrise time for a given day (specified as a $timestamp) and location. PARAMETERS
o $timestamp - The $timestamp of the day from which the sunrise time is taken. o $format - $format constants +-----------------------+-------------------------------------------+ | constant | | | | | | | description | | | | | | example | | | | +-----------------------+-------------------------------------------+ | SUNFUNCS_RET_STRING | | | | | | | returns the result as string | | | | | | 16:46 | | | | | SUNFUNCS_RET_DOUBLE | | | | | | | returns the result as float | | | | | | 16.78243132 | | | | |SUNFUNCS_RET_TIMESTAMP | | | | | | | returns the result as integer (timestamp) | | | | | | 1095034606 | | | | +-----------------------+-------------------------------------------+ o $latitude - Defaults to North, pass in a negative value for South. See also: date.default_latitude o $longitude - Defaults to East, pass in a negative value for West. See also: date.default_longitude o $zenith - Default: date.sunrise_zenith o $gmtoffset - Specified in hours. RETURN VALUES
Returns the sunrise time in a specified $format on success or FALSE on failure. ERRORS
/EXCEPTIONS Every call to a date/time function will generate a E_NOTICE if the time zone is not valid, and/or a E_STRICT or E_WARNING message if using the system settings or the $TZ environment variable. See also date_default_timezone_set(3) CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.1.0 | | | | | | | Now issues the E_STRICT and E_NOTICE time zone | | | errors. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 date_sunrise(3) example <?php /* calculate the sunrise time for Lisbon, Portugal Latitude: 38.4 North Longitude: 9 West Zenith ~= 90 offset: +1 GMT */ echo date("D M d Y"). ', sunrise time : ' .date_sunrise(time(), SUNFUNCS_RET_STRING, 38.4, -9, 90, 1); ?> The above example will output something similar to: Mon Dec 20 2004, sunrise time : 08:54 SEE ALSO
date_sunset(3). PHP Documentation Group DATE_SUNRISE(3)