Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting remove a large number of user from oracle Post 302228045 by upengan78 on Friday 22nd of August 2008 03:37:52 PM
Old 08-22-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhamacs
Try this, I am not sure whether it works or not as i don't have oracle database.

#! /usr/bin/ksh
sqlplus user/pwd@database<<EOF
! for usr in `cat usernames.txt`
! do
drop user $usr;
!done
EOF

Or else you can try

#! /usr/bin/ksh
for usr in `cat usernames.txt`
do
sqlplus user/pwd@database<<EOF
drop user $usr;
EOF
done
Thanks Smilie Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

moving large number of files

I have a task to move more than 35000 files every two hours, from the same directory to another directory based on a file that has the list of filenames I tried the following logics (1) find . -name \*.dat > list for i in `cat list` do mv $i test/ done (2) cat list|xargs -i mv "{}"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bryan
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Compare a large number of files.

I have a large Filesystem on an AIX server and another one on a Red Hat box. I have syncd the two filesystems using rsysnc. What Im looking for is a script that would compare to the two filesystems to make sure the bits match up and the number of files match up. its around 2.8 million... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zippdawg2001
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenation of a large number of files

Hellow i have a large number of files that i want to concatenate to one. these files start with the word 'VOICE_' for example VOICE_0000000000 VOICE_1223o23u0 VOICE_934934927349 I use the following code: cat /ODS/prepaid/CDR_FLOW/MEDIATION/VOICE_* >> /ODS/prepaid/CDR_FLOW/WORK/VOICE ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: chriss_58
10 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete large number of files

Hi. I need to delete a large number of files listed in a txt file. There are over 90000 files in the list. Some of the directory names and some of the file names do have spaces in them. In the file, each line is a full path to a file: /path/to/the files/file1 /path/to/some other/files/file 2... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: inakajin
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying number by looking a large file

Hi All, I have a big file which looks like this: abc 34.32 cdf 343.45 computer 1.34 ladder 2.3422 I have some 100000 .TXT files which look like this: computer cdf align I have to open each of the text files and read the words from the text files. Then I have to look into that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Switching user to oracle to connect Oracle 11g DB with 'sysdba'

I need to connect my Oracle 11g DB from shell script with 'sysdba' permissions. To do this I have to switch user from 'root' to 'oracle'. I've tried the following with no success. su - oracle -c "<< EOF1 sqlplus -s "/ as sysdba" << EOF2 whenever sqlerror exit sql.sqlcode;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NetBear
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rename a large number of files in subdirectories

Hi, I have a large number of subdirectories (>200), and in each of these directories there is a file with a name like "opp1234.dat". I'd like to know how I could change the names of these files to say "out.dat" in all these subdirectories in one go. Thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lost.identity
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sftp large number of files

Want to sftp large number of files ... approx 150 files will come to server every minute. (AIX box) Also need make sure file has been sftped successfully... Please let me know : 1. What is the best / faster way to transfer files? 2. should I use batch option -b so that connectivity will be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vegasluxor
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove dupes in a large file

I have a large file 1.5 gb and want to sort the file. I used the following AWK script to do the job !x++ The script works but it is very slow and takes over an hour to do the job. I suspect this is because the file is not sorted. Any solution to speed up the AWk script or a Perl script would... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
4 Replies

10. Solaris

Large number of ulcm_sctp messages

Hi, I am running Solaris-10 sparc and I am seeing large number of messages related to ulcm_sctp. I tried to google, what these messages are and how it should be fixed, but I am not getting much information about it. Can somebody please some pointer or suggestion ? Sep 24 07:04:23... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ron323232
7 Replies
pwd(1)								   User Commands							    pwd(1)

NAME
pwd - return working directory name SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/pwd DESCRIPTION
The pwd utility writes an absolute path name of the current working directory to standard output. Both the Bourne shell, sh(1), and the Korn shell, ksh(1), also have a built-in pwd command. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for descriptions of the following environment variables that affect the execution of pwd: LANG, LC_ALL, LC_MESSAGES, and NLSPATH. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. If an error is detected, output will not be written to standard output, a diagnostic message will be written to standard error, and the exit status will not be 0. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |enabled | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cd(1), ksh(1), sh(1), shell_builtins(1), attributes(5), environ(5), standards(5) DIAGNOSTICS
``Cannot open ..'' and ``Read error in ..'' indicate possible file system trouble and should be referred to a UNIX system administrator. NOTES
If you move the current directory or one above it, pwd may not give the correct response. Use the cd(1) command with a full path name to correct this situation. SunOS 5.10 28 Mar 1995 pwd(1)