Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Passing a variable to awk while in a shell for loop Post 302227603 by Franklin52 on Thursday 21st of August 2008 03:17:19 PM
Old 08-21-2008
What is the expected output?

Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing awk variable to the shell script

hi; i have a file containing lines like: 1|1069108123|96393669788|00963215755711|2|0|941||;serv:Pps6aSyria;first:0;bear i want to extract the second, third and fourth record of each line and store it in a file ";" seperated this is what i wrote while read line do ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bcheaib
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Passing a for loop variable into nawk

After searching through books and the internet for days I can't seem to find an example of this. I'm trying to pass a variable from a for loop into nawk but can't seem to get all the syntax right. my script (thanks to anbu23 for nawk help) is this: for customers in `cat customers.txt` do... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ant1815
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script / Grep / Awk to variable and Loop

Hi, I have a text file with data in that I wish to extract, assign to a variable and process through a loop. Kind of the process that I am after: 1: Grep the text file for the values. Currently using: cat /root/test.txt | grep TESTING= | awk -F"=" '{ a = $2 } {print a}' | sort -u ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Spoonless
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Passing a Shell Variable to awk

Hello, I have a file with 4 columns. An arbitrary example is shown below: a Tp 10 xyz b Tq 8 abc c Tp 99 pqr d Tp 44 rst e Tr 98 efg Based on the values in col 2 and col 3, I will execute another program. I have been running this:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gussifinknottle
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing shell variable to awk script

I want to pass a shell variable to awk script : # cat file PSAPSR3 3722000 91989.25 2 98 PSAPSR7 1562000 77000.1875 5 95 PSAPUNDO 92000 4087.5625 4 96 #... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Reboot
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing awk variable argument to a script which is being called inside awk

consider the script below sh /opt/hqe/hqapi1-client-5.0.0/bin/hqapi.sh alert list --host=localhost --port=7443 --user=hqadmin --password=hqadmin --secure=true >/tmp/alerts.xml awk -F'' '{for(i=1;i<=NF;i++){ if($i=="Alert id") { if(id!="") if(dt!=""){ cmd="sh someScript.sh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing values from awk to shell variable

I am writing a script where I need awk to test if two columns are the same and shell to do something if they are or are not. Here is the code I'm working with: @ test = 0 ... test = `awk '{if($1!=$2) print 1; else print 0}' time_test.tmp` #time_test.tmp holds two values separated by a space... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Malavin
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk programming -Passing variable to awk for loop

Hi All, I am new to AWK programming. I have the following for loop in my awk program. cat printhtml.awk: BEGIN -------- <some code here> END{ ----------<some code here> for(N=0; N<H; N++) { for(M=5; M<D; M++) print "\t" D ""; } ----- } ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ctrld
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Passing Shell Variable to awk

Hello All, May i please why my shell variable is not getting passed into awk script. #!/bin/bash -vx i="1EB07C50" /bin/awk -v ID="$i" '/ID/ {match($0,/ID/);print substr($0,RSTART,RLENGTH)}' /var/log/ScriptLogs/keys.13556.txt Thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ariean
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop over awk or passing parameter

I wrote this script which works well when I manually input 55518622 and 1 but I need this script to be generic and loop over the following table awk '$4>(55518622-500000) && $4<(55518622+500000)' chr1_GEN2bim | awk 'BEGIN {min=1000000000; max=0;}; {\ if($4<min && $4 != "") min = $4; if($4>max... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: fat
8 Replies
VOTEQUORUM_SETEXPECTED(3)			    Corosync Cluster Engine Programmer's Manual 			 VOTEQUORUM_SETEXPECTED(3)

NAME
votequorum_setexpected - Sets the expected votes for the cluster SYNOPSIS
#include <corosync/votequorum.h> int votequorum_setexpected(votequorum_handle_t handle, int expected_votes); DESCRIPTION
The votequorum_setexpected function is used to change the expected votes in the cluster. Expected votes is used to calculate quorum and should normally be the total number of votes that will exist when all the expected nodes are joined. Quorum will usually be half of this (rounded up). It is not possible to set expected votes up so that it makes the cluster inquorate using this command. RETURN VALUE
This call returns the CS_OK value if successful, otherwise an error is returned. ERRORS
CS_ERR_TRY_AGAIN Resource temporarily unavailable CS_ERR_INVALID_PARAM Invalid argument CS_ERR_ACCESS Permission denied CS_ERR_LIBRARY The connection failed CS_ERR_INTERRUPT System call inturrupted by a signal CS_ERR_NOT_SUPPORTED The requested protocol/functuality not supported CS_ERR_MESSAGE_ERROR Incorrect auth message received CS_ERR_NO_MEMORY Not enough memory to completed the requested task SEE ALSO
votequorum_overview(8), votequorum_initialize(3), votequorum_finalize(3), votequorum_getinfo(3), votequorum_trackstart(3), votequo- rum_trackstop(3), votequorum_fd_get(3), votequorum_dispatch(3), votequorum_context_set(3), votequorum_context_get(3), votequo- rum_setvotes(3) corosync Man Page 2014-06-10 VOTEQUORUM_SETEXPECTED(3)