Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting problem with Variable inside SSH Post 302227479 by vidyadhar85 on Thursday 21st of August 2008 09:37:56 AM
Old 08-21-2008
i told you.. because i faced the same in my early days with ssh... :-)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh: A part of variable A's name is inside of variable B, how to update A?

This is what I tried: vara=${varb}_count (( vara += 1 )) Thanks for help (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pa3be
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

looping a array inside inside ssh is not working, pls help

set -A arr a1 a2 a3 a4 # START ssh -xq $Server1 -l $Username /usr/bin/ksh <<-EOS integer j=0 for loop in ${arr} do printf "array - ${arr}\n" (( j = j + 1 )) j=`expr j+1` done EOS # END ========= this is not giving me correct output. I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: reldb
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in executing a comand liying inside a variable

Hi everyone! I need some help with my shell script :( I am sending a shell command from a html text input to a cgi. Then, I store it into a variable. For example var="ps -axu" echo `$var` This functions properly. But consider the following... var="ps -axu | grep root" Now, I want... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nene
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

passing a variable inside a variable to a function

I would like to know how to pass a variable inside a variable to a function. sample code below -------------- for x in 1 9 do check_null $C$x ##call function to check if the value is null if then echo "line number:$var_cnt,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: KingVikram
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem storing SSH result in a variable

i have this SSH command which runs perfectly on command prompt in sunOS ssh -o Port=${portno} ${uname}@${server} find ${dir_path} -name '***' output : /usr/local/home/*** My problem is when i run same command in my script #!/usr/bin/ksh res=`ssh -o Port=${portno} ${uname}@${server}... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prash184u
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

variable inside variable inside loop headache

Hi Gurus I have a file called /tmp/CMDB which looks like this serial: 0623AN1208 hostname: server1 model: x4100 assetID: 1234 I am writing a for loop that will go through this file line by line creating a variable of itself. Using the first iteration of the loop (i.e. the first line) as... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem using ssh inside script

Hi, When runnin the following script it complte successfully with out any problem #!/bin/sh SERV="crm1" for s in $SERV do export WebLogicSessions=`ssh psoft@$s "cd /software/psoft/scripts ; ./getweblogicsessions.sh crm1 8001 PIA | awk '{print $1}' ` echo "Checking number of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoavbe
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in assigning substr to a variable inside awk

Hi All, I have a fixed-width datafile from which i need to extract value/string starting from some position to the specified length in each of the lines. awk '{print substr($0,x,y)}' datafile --- is working fine but awk 'BEGIN{a=0}{a=substr($0,x,y);print $a}' datafile ---is giving... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: loggedin.ksh
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to store command inside a shell variable, and run the variable

Hi, I am trying to do the following thing var='date' $var Above command substitutes date for and in turn runs the date command and i am getting the todays date value. I am trying to do the same thing as following, but facing some problems, unique_host_pro="sed -e ' /#/d'... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvinayagam
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem using variable inside awk

HI, This is the code I am using: awk -v aaa="connect" 'BEGIN {IGNORECASE} /aaa/,/!/ {print NR}' bb This does not throw any error but it does not work. Pls help Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudvishw
4 Replies
SSH-COPY-ID(1)						      General Commands Manual						    SSH-COPY-ID(1)

NAME
ssh-copy-id - install your public key in a remote machine's authorized_keys SYNOPSIS
ssh-copy-id [-i [identity_file]] [user@]machine DESCRIPTION
ssh-copy-id is a script that uses ssh to log into a remote machine and append the indicated identity file to that machine's ~/.ssh/autho- rized_keys file. If the -i option is given then the identity file (defaults to ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub) is used, regardless of whether there are any keys in your ssh-agent. Otherwise, if this: ssh-add -L provides any output, it uses that in preference to the identity file. If the -i option is used, or the ssh-add produced no output, then it uses the contents of the identity file. Once it has one or more fin- gerprints (by whatever means) it uses ssh to append them to ~/.ssh/authorized_keys on the remote machine (creating the file, and directory, if necessary.) NOTES
This program does not modify the permissions of any pre-existing files or directories. Therefore, if the remote sshd has StrictModes set in its configuration, then the user's home, ~/.ssh folder, and ~/.ssh/authorized_keys file may need to have group writability disabled manu- ally, e.g. via chmod go-w ~ ~/.ssh ~/.ssh/authorized_keys on the remote machine. SEE ALSO
ssh(1), ssh-agent(1), sshd(8) OpenSSH 14 November 1999 SSH-COPY-ID(1)