Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting i want to extract details for particular file Post 302227471 by vgersh99 on Thursday 21st of August 2008 09:25:10 AM
Old 08-21-2008
Code:
awk '/^uuid/ { uuid=$3 } /^device-config/ && $NF == "/dev/sdc" { print uuid }' dev.txt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

What file contains boot up init details?

I want to get my telnetd to run on startup and was wondering where it was? im used to having it in /etc/init.d/rc.d but it is not the same in hp-ux :( thanks all (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: emplate
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script for parsing details in a log file to a seperate file

Hi Experts, Im a new bee for scripting, I would ned to do the following via linux shell scripting, I have an application which throws a log file, on each action of a particular work with the application, as sson as the action is done, the log file would vanish or stops updating there, the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pingnagan
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Contents and details extract problem asking...

Input: length align type 5453 8666 + length align portion 5453 8666 + length align range 5453 5616 + length align name 5453 6121 + length align age 5617 6121 + length align name 7214 7404 + length ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract details from XML file

Hi , I have one xml file contains more than 60 lines. I need to extract some details from the file and store it in new file.Not the whole file Please find the xml file below: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <DeploymentDescriptors xmlns="http://www.tibco.com/xmlns/dd"> ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckchelladurai
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

at -l doesnt give details of the scheduled job. How to get the details?

I have scheduled couple of shell scripts to run using 'at' command. The o/p of at -l is: $ at -l 1320904800.a Thu Nov 10 01:00:00 2011 1320894000.a Wed Nov 9 22:00:00 2011 1320876000.a Wed Nov 9 17:00:00 2011 $ uname -a SunOS dc2prcrptetl2 5.9 Generic_122300-54 sun4u sparc... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: superparticle
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Details within file

Hi, I am trying to write a script with goes through thousands of XML documents to pull out the values for a particular tag to a .txt file. For example I have file1.xml file2.xml file3.xml . . . fileN.xml All these files have a tag called <systemID>. The value that sits within... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chor419
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting file Details with find -mmin

I'm new to this and I have done a lot of research and am 99% done with my ksh script BUT I need help with. The script looks at Journal files and reports back on any that have not been updated for 15 min. Everything works but I wanted more detail (added -ls) and now I'm getting dups. Original code:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: blackopz
2 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Getting details from sudoers file

Hi, I need the details of which ids belong to the sudoers file, and which groups these ids belong to. Can anyone suggest a way to derive that information into a flat file please? G (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract sentence and its details from a text file based on another file of sentences

Hi I have two text files. The first file is TEXTFILEONE.txt as given below: <Text Text_ID="10155645315851111_10155645333076543" From="460350337461111" Created="2011-03-16T17:05:37+0000" use_count="123">This is the first text</Text> <Text Text_ID="10155645315851111_10155645317023456"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: my_Perl
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to extract jil file details in a excelsheet

I am very new to shell scripting. I have a autosys jil file that looks like :-- /* ------------- JOB1 ------------------ */ insert_job: JOB1 job_type: b owner: cm@pelonmuck permission: gx,ge,wx,we,mx,me date_conditions: 1 days_of_week: mo,tu,we,th,fr,su start_time: "18:30"... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_shell
9 Replies
wsreg_set_id(3WSREG)				    Product Install Registry Library Functions				      wsreg_set_id(3WSREG)

NAME
wsreg_set_id, wsreg_get_id - set or get the uuid of a component SYNOPSIS
cc [flag ...] file ...-lwsreg [library ...] #include <wsreg.h> int wsreg_set_id(Wsreg_component *comp, const char *uuid); char *wsreg_get_id(const Wsreg_component *comp); DESCRIPTION
The wsreg_set_id() function sets the uuid (universal unique identifier) specified by uuid into the component specified by comp. If a uuid has already been set into the specified component, the resources associated with the previously set uuid are released. The wsreg_get_id() function returns a copy of the uuid of the component specified by comp. The resulting string must be released by the caller. RETURN VALUES
The wsreg_set_id() function returns non-zero if the uuid was set correctly; otherwise 0 is returned. The wsreg_get_id() function returns a copy of the specified component's uuid. USAGE
Generally, the uuid will be set into a component by the wsreg_create_component(3WSREG) function, so a call to the wsreg_set_id() is not necessary. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Unsafe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
wsreg_create_component(3WSREG), wsreg_initialize(3WSREG), attributes(5)attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 22 Sep 2000 wsreg_set_id(3WSREG)