Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting removing a portion of a code from a file Post 302227118 by ROOZ on Wednesday 20th of August 2008 04:30:59 PM
Old 08-20-2008
Hello Guys,
I have the same question but what if the two portion were commented out in the same way. lets say instead of having --# in the first portion, i also had ------------- like the second portion; therefore using the code that u have provided above will remove both portion, Is there anyway to use this command to distinguish from the two by maybe recognizing a word in the second portion
lets say this is the new version
--------------------------------------------------------------------
-- File name= audio_fe-e.vhd
-- Copyright(c) 2000 all rights reserved
--------------------------------------------------------------------
--
--
--
--Comment:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--
-- Portions Copyright (c) 2007
-- All rights reserved
--
-- Proprietary and Confidential
--
-- Portions of this code embody materials and concepts which are confidential
-- to and is made available
-- solely pursuant to the terms of a written agreement with
--
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the rest of the code is here

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove portion of file

Can anyone tell me how to remove a portion of a large file to smaller ones? What I have is a large file that was created becasue several similar files were joined together. Each individual file starts with MSG_HEAD. I want to take everything from MSG_HEAD up to were it says MSG_HEAD again and... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: methos
13 Replies

2. Programming

Delete Portion of a file

hi i would like to know whether i can delete a part of a file in C for eg. if my file contained 1234567890 and i want to delete 456 so that it becomes 1237890 is there a way i can do this. well, one way i can achieve this is by creating a new file, copy whatever i want, then delete the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sameersbn
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print a portion of file

Hi, I have a little problem. I am having a file with pattern like : asdf;ffgg;dfjfj;djdfjf;nnjj;djd;ssj; I just want to print the portion from last ";" upto the immediate previous ";". There are several ";" in my line. Please help me out... Thnx in advance (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanand420
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep certain portion from the file

Dear Friends, Here I am with another difficulty. I have a flat file from which I wanna grep following pattern. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Statement Date : Blah blah Blah blah Blah blah Blah blah... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Portion of a file in a new files

Hi, I need to devide one file into 3 files based on column numbers and put a string (FILE1, FILE2, FILE3) in the last..... Input file: Column1,Column2,Column3,Column4,Column5,Column6,Column7,Column8,Column9,Column10 Output1: Column1,Column3,Column6,Column4,Column5,FILE1 Output2:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yale_work
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing a portion of data in a file

Hi, I have a folder that contains many (multiple) files 1.fasta 2.fasta 3.fasta 4.fasta 5.fasta . . 100's of files Each such file have data in the following format for example: vi 1.fasta Code: >AB_1 MLKKPIIIGVTGGSGGGKTSVSRAILDSFPNARIAMIQHDSYYKDQSHMSFEERVKTNYDHPLAFDTDFM (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove large portion of web page code between two tags

Hi everybody, I am trying to remove bunch of lines from web pages between two tags: one is <h1> and the other is <table it looks like <h1>Anniversary cards roses</h1> many lines here <table summary="Free anniversary greeting cards." cellspacing="8" cellpadding="8" width="70%">my goal... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: georgi58
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Removing portion of file name

Hi , I am getting file name like ABC_DATA_CUSTIOMERS_20120617.dat ABC_DATA_PRODUCTS_20120617.dat Need to convert CUSTIOMERS.dat PRODUCTS.dat Help me how to do this. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: reach_malu
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Scripting : Sort a Portion of a File and not the complete file

Need to sort a portion of a file in a Alphabetical Order. Example : The user adam is not sorted and the user should get sorted. I don't want the complete file to get sorted. Currently All_users.txt contains the following lines. ############## # ARS USERS ############## mike, Mike... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: evrurs
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to append portion of a file content to another file when a certain pattern is matching?

Hi ladies and gentleman.. I have two text file with me. I need to replace one of the file content to another file if one both files have a matching pattern. Example: text1.txt: ABCD 1234567,HELLO_WORLDA,HELLO_WORLDB DCBA 3456789,HELLO_WORLDE,HELLO_WORLDF text2.txt: XXXX,ABCD... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: bananamen
25 Replies
ZZIP_ENTRY_DATA_OFFS(3) 				       zziplib Function List					   ZZIP_ENTRY_DATA_OFFS(3)

NAME
zzip_entry_data_offset, zzip_entry_fread_file_header, zzip_entry_strdup_name - helper functions for (fseeko) zip access api SYNOPSIS
#include <zzip/fseeko.h> zzip_off_t zzip_entry_data_offset((ZZIP_ENTRY * entry)); static zzip_off_t zzip_entry_fread_file_header(( ZZIP_ENTRY * entry, struct zzip_file_header *file_header)); zzip__new__ char * zzip_entry_strdup_name((ZZIP_ENTRY * entry)); DESCRIPTION
The zzip_entry_data_offset functions returns the seekval offset of the data portion of the file referenced by the given zzip_entry. It requires an intermediate check of the file_header structure (i.e. it reads it from disk). After this call, the contained diskfile readposition is already set to the data_offset returned here. On error -1 is returned. The zzip_entry_fread_file_header functions read the correspoding struct zzip_file_header from the zip disk of the given "entry". The returned off_t points to the end of the file_header where the current fseek pointer has stopped. This is used to immediatly parse out any filename/extras block following the file_header. The return value is null on error. The zzip_entry_strdup_name function is a big helper despite its little name: in a zip file the encoded filenames are usually NOT zero-terminated but for common usage with libc we need it that way. Secondly, the filename SHOULD be present in the zip central directory but if not then we fallback to the filename given in the file_header of each compressed data portion. AUTHOR
o Guido Draheim <guidod@gmx.de> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2003,2004 Guido Draheim All rights reserved, use under the restrictions of the Lesser GNU General Public License or alternatively the restrictions of the Mozilla Public License 1.1 zziplib 0.13.56 ZZIP_ENTRY_DATA_OFFS(3)