Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers scp from aix to windows (cygwin) fails Post 302227113 by cypher82 on Wednesday 20th of August 2008 04:11:28 PM
Old 08-20-2008
MySQL

Found the solution somewhere in the web:

Code:
scp html.file user@windowsbox:"/cygdrive/c/program\\ files\\/apache/htdocs"

but thank you anyway for responding...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

SCP fails sometimes

Hi, I got a unix script which copies a file from my AIX machine to a file server using SCP command. I am calling this script 3 times in my process after a time interval say 5mins. My issue here is like most of the time its not sending the file at the first time run while other 2 will work fine.... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vipinc
10 Replies

2. BSD

How to use Cygwin to access X windows

Hi, I use WinMe, want to access, remotely, X-windows of my FreeBSD6.2 machine using the Cigwin from my windows machine as a normal user. However, I can login (through ssh and Telnet) to my FeeBSD machine as root and/or 'su' from some users grouped to the 'wheel' group. I'm still new to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Praveen_218
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to install Cygwin on Windows XP SP2

Please can anyone help me with how to install cygwin on a windows Xp SP2 platform, I cant seem to get it to work? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimoney
1 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Cygwin OpenSSH Windows

Hi all, I am just enjoying my first experience with UNIX type stuff but I am completely stumped with syntax etc. I have installed OpenSSH on my windows machine which is a working nicley and I can gain access using putty. I am however trying to set up public key authentication and turn off passwords... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bilbonvidia
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cygwin scp script error

I'm using cygwin scp to copy a file down from a AIX server to my laptop. I've got he script working from the command line. The file I'm copying is Processed.Apr21 and I'm copying it to /event_transfer folder on my laptop. scp username@149.131.224.104:/var/Tivoli/logs/Events/processed.Apr21... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cav.turbo
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

cygwin script problem windows

I'm using cygwin to make some scripts,but I have the following problem. If I create a simple script like this one: if echo "Error" exit 1 fi echo "`expr $1 + $2`" I obtain line 6: syntax error:unexpected end of file. If I create the same script with cat>filename.txt and execute it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Max89
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cygwin/X11 issues on Windows 7

Hi All, I recently upgraded to windows 7 and am therefore reinstalling cygwin/x11 after a long time. On XP I would start xterm from the startxwin.bat file. I am experiencing trouble starting with the startxwin executable which is the new recommended startup method as well as afew other... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ScKaSx
2 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

scp to windows and delete files from windows

Hi Team, I Have list file in Unix server, I need to copy files from Windows to Unix for the list of files given in Unix list file. after coping files to unix, I need to delete the files from Windows. i used SCP and moved files from windows to unix based on list file is done and working.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: spradeep86
1 Replies

9. AIX

How to copy file from Windows to AIX using SCP?

Hi I'd like to copy file ( or directory ) from a window server to an unix server using scp command, something like this scp -rp admin@10.0.99.99:C:\Documents and Settings\abc.txt /home/oracle/abc.txtI tried testing something like command above but nothing worked. Somebody help !! Thank you (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobochacha29
7 Replies

10. AIX

ASK | How to scp command AIX to windows

Hii Master, im will copy file/directory aix to windows with scp commandline, but some error below: Note: If ping to 172.16.0.250 reply and was connected, and was open/allow port 22 at windows server inbound In aix finish installing ssh in windows finish installing winscp my... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: williamen
3 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)