Sponsored Content
Operating Systems BSD FreeBSD Wireless - Can do WPA but not WEP or even open Post 302227004 by kpedersen on Wednesday 20th of August 2008 11:20:00 AM
Old 08-20-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb_bsd
no WPA nor WEP here. If so, I might have the process written down.
WPA isn't the problem, do you have a solution to OPEN?

kk, I guess I'll search more... and probs give the handbook another go

thanks,

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

open an port on freebsd

i have made some thing with leds on it. i put it directly on the printer port. in dos and windows i can send data to it with outp(0x378,123); and then have some leds on and some leds off. i found out that it is possible linux with same assembly (after searching much.). but i want to have those led... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jurrien
0 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

WEP Crack Appz

Looking for a good app to go with my iBook/Airport Extreme card for testing WEP security on my own network... I have had a lot of luck with MacStumbler, but none with KisMAC... any suggestions? Jeffrey d9rw1n:/ root#grep ghost There's nothing like bludgeoning your self with a new box...... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: f1r3g0dz
0 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

WPA crash vista???

Okay. I need help since I barely use M$ any more, the last time I used it for something other than school, work, or AIM was back in the days of WIN98. I was just reading the article on this site, Is Microsoft about to release a Windows “kill switch”? | Ed Bott's Microsoft Report | ZDNet.com, and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Texasone
0 Replies

4. Programming

Application crashes in FreeBSD 7.1 while working ok in FreeBSD 6.3

Hello there, My mulithreaded application (which is too large to represent the source code here) is crashing after installing FreeBSD 7.1-RELEASE/amd64. It worked properly on others machines (Dual Cores with 4GB of RAM - FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE/i386). The current machine has 2x Core 2 Duo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Seenquev
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

cannot set user id: Resource temporarily unavailable (not open file/open process related)

First post, sorry to be a bother but this one has been dogging me. I have a process user (java application server) that trips a resource limit every couple weeks and need help finding what limit we're hitting. First, this is what's running: This is the error when jobs are run or the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Katahdin
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

FreeBSD rc.subr wireless script

Hi, This is my first thread on Unix forums, so be gentle.:o I'm trying to write a simple start/stop script for my wireless networking adapter, under FreeBSD, using the rc.subr framework. #!/bin/sh # PROVIDE Wireless # KEYWORDS shutdown . /etc/rc.subr name="wireless"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: regexp
1 Replies

7. Linux

Is possible to bridge wlan0 and eth0 using network manager?How to for wpa?

I have created a bridge with nmcli between eth0 and wlan0 I use this procedure sudo nmcli con add ifname br0 type bridge con-name br0 sudo nmcli con add type bridge-slave ifname eth0 master br0 sudo nmcli con add type bridge-slave ifname wlan0 master br0 sudo nmcli con modify br0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
1 Replies
iwi(7D) 							      Devices								   iwi(7D)

NAME
iwi - Intel Pro. Wireless 802.11a/b/g IPW2200B/G IPW2915A/B/G Driver DESCRIPTION
The iwi 802.11b/g wireless NIC driver is a multi-threaded, loadable, clonable, GLDv3-based STREAMS driver supporting the Data Link Provider Interface, dlpi(7P), on Intel Pro Wireless 2200BG 2915ABG chipset-based wireless NIC's. Driver functions include controller ini- tialization, wireless 802.11b infrastructure network connection, WEP and frame transmit and receive. DRIVER CONFIGURATION
The iwi driver performs auto-negotiation to determine the data rate and mode. Supported 802.11b data rates are 1, 2, 5.5 and 11 Mbits/sec. Supported 802.11g data rates are 1, 2, 5.5, 11, 6, 9, 12, 18, 24, 36, 48 and 54 Mbits/sec. The iwi driver supports only BSS networks (also known as "ap" or "infrastructure" networks) and "open"(or "open-system") or "shared system" authentication. Only WEP encryption is currently supported. You perform configuration and administration tasks using the dladm(1M) and wificonfig(1M) utilities. FILES
/dev/iwi* Special character device. /kernel/drv/iwi 32-bit ELF kernel module (x86). /kernel/drv/amd64/iwi 64-bit ELF kernel module (x86). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for a description of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |x86 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
dladm(1M), wificonfig(1M), attributes(5), gld(7D), dlpi(7P) ANSI/IEEE Std 802.11- Standard for Wireless LAN Technology -- 1999 IEEE Std 802.11a- Standard for Wireless LAN Technology-Rev. A-- 2003 IEEE Std 802.11b - Standard for Wireless LAN Technology-Rev. B -- 2003 IEEE Std 802.11g- Standard for Wireless LAN Technology -Rev. G-- 2003 SunOS 5.11 11 Mar 2007 iwi(7D)