Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: perl upgrade verify
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat perl upgrade verify Post 302226756 by _R3d on Tuesday 19th of August 2008 07:27:13 PM
Old 08-19-2008
what distro are you using? what version are you upgrading from?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Verify Parameters

I have a unix script written in the korn shell. At the top of the script I call a script that exports the values of the variables I use in my script. I know that when you execute the script using ksh -x it shows you the script running. I was wondering if there was a way you could run the script... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lesstjm
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Verify the input

I run the script with one parameter : myscript abc002 But I need my script to check the parameter in txt array first: txt="abc001 abc002 abc004" What's the best way to do it? I am using ksh. #! /usr/bin/ksh txt="abc001 abc002 abc004" if ; then echo " Your input is wrong,... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: newoz
9 Replies

3. AIX

verify command

Guy's I have script doing many steps as the below ... ############# ## step1# mount all Files system mount all ## step2# Start the application /app/appsh ############# but some time mount points will not be mounted completely so that will give an error if the next step started... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mr.AIX
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl verify if numbers in a column of a file are in sequence

I am just a newbie to perl scripting. I need help with listing of hexadecimal numbers in a column as follows. INPUT FIle: 08AF ship steel 08B0 ship steel 08B1 ship steel 08B2 flight docs 08B3 flight docs 08B4 flight docs 08B5 flight docs 08B6 flight decl ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dynamax
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

Upgrade perl from 5.005_03 to 5.8 in redhat 5.3

i have a machine with running redhat 5.3. perl -v shows me perl version 5.005_03. i have to upgrade it to 5.8. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rehantayyab82
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Upgrade Perl version on Solaris machine

Hi, Can you please assist in upgrading perl from 5.8.x to 5.10? Right now i am running the below verison on my Solaris SPARC machine. Thanks in advance (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: prash358
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to verify that a value is present in an array (list)

I have 2 files , i need compare both files field by field, and in the fourth field some value will be interchaged and some value will be **. ex: file1 john|0.0|4|**:25;JP:50;UY:25 file2 john|0.0|4|JP:50;**:25;UY:25 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: veeruasu
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

Verify multipathing

I have a couple of questions regarding multipath. If I do vgdisplay vg01, I see it is using 1 PV: /dev/dm-13 If I type multipath -ll I see dm-9, dm-10, dm-11, dm-12, but do not see dm-13. Is my vg01 multipathed? How can I actually know for sure? Secondly, let's say this time vg01 says... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: keelba
1 Replies
GROUPD(8)							      cluster								 GROUPD(8)

NAME
groupd - compatibility daemon for fenced, dlm_controld and gfs_controld SYNOPSIS
groupd [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
The groupd daemon and libgroup library are used by the fenced, dlm_controld and gfs_controld daemons when they are operating in clus- ter2-compatible mode to perform a rolling cluster upgrade from cluster2 to cluster3. See cman(5) for more information on the upgrading configuration option needed to perform a rolling upgrade. When the upgrading option is enabled, cman adds the following to the online configuration: <group groupd_compat="1"/> This setting causes the cman init script to start the groupd daemon, and causes the groupd, fenced, dlm_controld and gfs_controld daemons to operate in the old cluster2 mode so they will be compatible with cluster2 nodes in the cluster that have not yet been upgraded. The upgrading setting, including the groupd_compat setting, cannot be changed in a running cluster. The entire cluster must be taken off- line to change these because the new cluster3 default modes are not compatible with the old cluster2 modes. The upgrading/compat settings cause the new cluster3 daemons to run the old cluster2 code and protocols. OPTIONS
Command line options override a corresponding setting in cluster.conf. -D Enable debugging to stderr and don't fork. -L Enable debugging to log file. -g num groupd compatibility mode, 0 off, 1 on. Default 0. -h Print a help message describing available options, then exit. -V Print program version information, then exit. SEE ALSO
cman(5), fenced(8), dlm_controld(8), gfs_controld(8) cluster 2009-01-19 GROUPD(8)