Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: If loop is not working
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users If loop is not working Post 302226176 by era on Monday 18th of August 2008 12:14:47 PM
Old 08-18-2008
Not really, no. Using ls and redirecting to /dev/null is not particularly elegant (and using the -l option to then just throw away the results is rather wasteful).

Code:
test -e /var/lib/libstdc++.so.5 || cp -v repository path

The || is a shorthand for "or else". The following is closer to what you have:

Code:
if ! [ -e /var/lib/libstdc++.so.5 ]
then
  cp repository path
  echo "new file copied" >&2
fi

Note that test and [ are really basically the same command.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop not working

Apologize if this is doesn't come under this group. I have a small script to find out users who last logged in to check there mail. (Tru 64 4.0, Netscape mail 3.6) -----> cat $1|awk -F: '$2=="SMTP-Accept" && $5~/@maildomain/ {s=$5;u++;las=substr($1)} END {for (i in u) {print... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitin
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

if loop is not working

Hello i am trying to remove a line using an input file , but this depends upon user interaction here is the sample #!/bin/sh echo "Please enter whether you want to remove Profile" read value1 if ;then sed /movie/d temp.txt> temp3.txt else echo "Script didnot remove profile" fi ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranga27
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

For loop not working...! :(

Could some one help me on this... For loop is working...! for x in $i do for y in $j do z=`echo $y | awk '{print $2}'` if then FS=`/usr/bin/echo $y` echo $FS >>$Basic_location/out.csv fi done CPRT="Cpoyright @ BTOIDCIM" done (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bullz26
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

If then else loop not working

If then else segment of below code is not working. For each filename code is displaying output for if part as well as else part. Please help its urgent. for usercusttop in `echo ${filename}|sort|uniq|cut -c 1-${actualwordcount}` do ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: findprakash
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

While loop not working

here we go.. While loop is not working file.. It also invokes one more shell scripts for which parameters need to passed on. while read line do #### #### We want to have a logfile for each load #### PLog="${LogDir}/${Script}.log"; #### ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: premkumardr
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

while loop not working

hi everyone i am facing a very strange problem . please help me why my while loop is not working. below is my code #!/bin/ksh file=RCMC_ABC_999_080924_210813.DAR echo ${file} value=001 count=10 echo "abc" echo ${count} value=$((${value} + 1 )) echo ${value} while ] do echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aishsimplesweet
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

For loop not working

Hi All, For loop in ksh not working if it was given in the following method. simple script: for i in {1..4} do echo $i done Output: {1..4} Even below also not working :( Script: for (( c=1; c<=5; c++ )) do echo "Welcome $c times..." done Output: ./x.sh: 0403-057 Syntax error... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish_satyam
13 Replies

8. Programming

C While Loop not working like C++

Hi new to C give me a hand thank. do { bzero(input,256); printf("Please enter the country name!"); scanf("%s",input); //& character is essential for scanf(), %f = float, %399s as the last character to be the null character ('\0'). } while... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: GQiang
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

for loop not working

Hi, I have ten different files to extract. so I thought for loop will help me. but it's not working for me. Please advice what I am doing wrong. for INCI in 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 do tar -xvf Update_INCI11.10.002_lnx86_1of10.tar done second file name is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

For-loop not working

Hello all, I would like to unzip some files with a for-loop. Is there anyone who could tell me how I should do this - in a correct way? for file in $(ls); do echo gzip -d < $file | tar xf -; done The problem is the pipe - I believe. But how could I do it? I need it for the command... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: API
4 Replies
Prophet::Test(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					Prophet::Test(3pm)

set_editor($code)
       Sets the subroutine that Prophet should use instead of "Prophet::CLI::Command::edit_text" (as this routine invokes an interactive editor)
       to $code.

set_editor_script SCRIPT
       Sets the editor that Proc::InvokeEditor uses.

This should be a non-interactive script found in t/scripts.

import_extra($class, $args)
   in_gladiator($code)
       Run the given code using Devel::Gladiator.

repo_path_for($username)
       Returns a path on disk for where $username's replica is stored.

repo_uri_for($username)
       Returns a file:// URI for $USERNAME'S replica (with the correct replica type prefix).

replica_uuid
       Returns the UUID of the test replica.

database_uuid
       Returns the UUID of the test database.

replica_last_rev
       Returns the sequence number of the last change in the test replica.

as_user($username, $coderef)
       Run this code block as $username.  This routine sets up the %ENV hash so that when we go looking for a repository, we get the user's repo.

replica_uuid_for($username)
       Returns the UUID of the given user's test replica.

database_uuid_for($username)
       Returns the UUID of the given user's test database.

ok_added_revisions( { CODE }, $numbers_of_new_revisions, $msg)
       Checks that the given code block adds the given number of changes to the test replica. $msg is optional and will be printed with the test
       if given.

serialize_conflict($conflict_obj)
       Returns a simple, serialized version of a Prophet::Conflict object suitable for comparison in tests.

The serialized version is a hash reference containing the following keys:
	   meta => { original_source_uuid => 'source_replica_uuid' }
	   records => { 'record_uuid' =>
			  { change_type => 'type',
			    props => { propchange_name => { source_old => 'old_val',
							    source_new => 'new_val',
							    target_old => 'target_val',
							  }
				     }
			  },
			'another_record_uuid' =>
			  { change_type => 'type',
			    props => { propchange_name => { source_old => 'old_val',
							    source_new => 'new_val',
							    target_old => 'target_val',
							  }
				     }
			  },
		      }

serialize_changeset($changeset_obj)
       Returns a simple, serialized version of a Prophet::ChangeSet object suitable for comparison in tests (a hash).

run_command($command, @args)
       Run the given command with (optionally) the given args using a new Prophet::CLI object. Returns the standard output of that command in
       scalar form or, in array context, the STDOUT in scalar form *and* the STDERR in scalar form.

Examples:

run_command('create', '--type=Foo');

load_record($type, $uuid)
       Loads and returns a record object for the record with the given type and uuid.

as_alice CODE, as_bob CODE, as_charlie CODE, as_david CODE
       Runs CODE as alice, bob, charlie or david.

perl v5.10.1							    2009-09-02							Prophet::Test(3pm)