Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help needed using sed to replace a url in 1000's of web pages Post 302225345 by era on Friday 15th of August 2008 08:03:30 AM
Old 08-15-2008
Code:
find /path/to/root/of/docs -type f -exec sed -i 's%http://%https://%g' {} \;

Something along those lines. sed -i might not be available to you, but this same question gets answered here almost daily, so searching along these lines will hopefully help you find something which works for you.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dynamic web pages for Unix Web Server

Hi, my company is considering a new development of our web site, which used to run on Apachi over Solaris. The company who is going to do this for us knows only about developing it in ASP. I guess this means we'll have to have another ISS server on NT for these dynamic pages :( What are... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: me2unix
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count links in all of my web pages

Counts the number of hyperlinks in all web pages in the current directory and all of its sub-directories. Count in all files of type "*htm" and "*html" . i want the output to look something like this: Total number of web pages: (number) Total number of links: (number) Average number of links... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: phillip
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Windows driver needed for 1000 base tx card (HP)

First of all, excuse my ignorance in my questions, but truth is, I know nothing about Unix. I have recently purchased some A7012A's (dual port, 1000 base T/X) gigabit cards and need to use them in a windows environment. I am trying to see if it is possible to have drivers written for the card... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: poaking
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Investigating web pages in awk

hello. i want to make an awk script to search an html file and output all the links (e.g .html, .htm, .jpg, .doc, .pdf, etc..) inside it. also, i want the links that will be output to be split into 3 groups (separated by an empty line), the first group with links to other webpages (.html .htm etc),... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: adpe
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

curl command with web pages

I can't quite seem to understand what the curl command does with a web address. I tried this: curl O'Reilly Media: Tech Books, Conferences, Courses, News but I just got the first few lines of a web page, and it's nowhere on my machine. Can someone elaborate? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Straitsfan
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking Web Pages?

Hey guys, Unfortunatley, I can not use wget on our systems.... I am looking for another way for a UNIX script to test web pages and let me know if they are up or down for some of our application. Has anyone saw this before? Thanks, Ryan (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rwcolb90
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed replace after pattern help needed

Hello, I have a file with multiple lines like this: /film/4295/"_class="titre_article">50/50I would like to change all occurence of / after > with _ to have this: /film/4295/"_class="titre_article">50_50Thank you edit: This could also be change all / starting with the 4th occurrence... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: patx
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get web pages and compare

Hello, I'm writing a shell script to wget content web pages from multiple server into a variable and compare if they match return 0 or return 2 #!/bin/bash # Cluster 1 CLUSTER1_SERVERS="srv1 srv2 srv3 srv4" CLUSTER1_APPLIS="test/version.html test2.version.jsp" # Liste des... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gtam
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get web pages and compare

Hello I'm writing a script to get content of web pages on different machines and compare them using their md5 hash hear is my code #!/bin/bash # Cluster 1 CLUSTER1_SERVERS="srv01:7051 srv02:7052 srv03:7053 srv04:7054" CLUSTER1_APPLIS="test/version.html test2/version.html... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gtam
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace URL using sed

Original Line {background-image:url('http://www.myoldhost.com/images/scds/tsp3.png');} Expected {background-image:url('http://www.mynewhost.com/nndn/hddh/ccdcd.png');} I am using following syntax STATIC_HOST_TEMP="http://myhost.com/temp/xyx.png" $sed -e... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 8055
1 Replies
GIT-REPLACE(1)							    Git Manual							    GIT-REPLACE(1)

NAME
git-replace - Create, list, delete refs to replace objects SYNOPSIS
git replace [-f] <object> <replacement> git replace -d <object>... git replace -l [<pattern>] DESCRIPTION
Adds a replace reference in refs/replace/ namespace. The name of the replace reference is the SHA-1 of the object that is replaced. The content of the replace reference is the SHA-1 of the replacement object. The replaced object and the replacement object must be of the same type. This restriction can be bypassed using -f. Unless -f is given, the replace reference must not yet exist. There is no other restriction on the replaced and replacement objects. Merge commits can be replaced by non-merge commits and vice versa. Replacement references will be used by default by all Git commands except those doing reachability traversal (prune, pack transfer and fsck). It is possible to disable use of replacement references for any command using the --no-replace-objects option just after git. For example if commit foo has been replaced by commit bar: $ git --no-replace-objects cat-file commit foo shows information about commit foo, while: $ git cat-file commit foo shows information about commit bar. The GIT_NO_REPLACE_OBJECTS environment variable can be set to achieve the same effect as the --no-replace-objects option. OPTIONS
-f, --force If an existing replace ref for the same object exists, it will be overwritten (instead of failing). -d, --delete Delete existing replace refs for the given objects. -l <pattern>, --list <pattern> List replace refs for objects that match the given pattern (or all if no pattern is given). Typing "git replace" without arguments, also lists all replace refs. CREATING REPLACEMENT OBJECTS
git-filter-branch(1), git-hash-object(1) and git-rebase(1), among other git commands, can be used to create replacement objects from existing objects. If you want to replace many blobs, trees or commits that are part of a string of commits, you may just want to create a replacement string of commits and then only replace the commit at the tip of the target string of commits with the commit at the tip of the replacement string of commits. BUGS
Comparing blobs or trees that have been replaced with those that replace them will not work properly. And using git reset --hard to go back to a replaced commit will move the branch to the replacement commit instead of the replaced commit. There may be other problems when using git rev-list related to pending objects. SEE ALSO
git-hash-object(1) git-filter-branch(1) git-rebase(1) git-tag(1) git-branch(1) git(1) GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 1.8.5.3 01/14/2014 GIT-REPLACE(1)