Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to get rid of extra enter at the end??? Post 302225191 by Annihilannic on Thursday 14th of August 2008 08:06:29 PM
Old 08-14-2008
Try:

Code:
test=`drbdadm create-md drbd0 << MAYDAY | grep "current configuration leaves usable" 
no

MAYDAY
`

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need UNIX shell scripting end to end information

Hi, I would like to learn shell scripting in UNIX. Can any one please give me the support and share the information/documents with me. If any documents please post it to aswanikumar_nimmagadda@yahoo.co.in Thanks in advance...!!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aswani_n
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to enter a newline after every XML tag end?

Hi Guyz, I have an XML message in following format: I want my contents to be formatted in following order: i.e. I want a newline after every XML tag end. How to do this? Thnx in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DTechBuddy
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk get rid of space in end of field

Hello. I'm using a file to "grep" in a 2nd one (with awk) cat file1 2 first user 9 second user 1 third user (with a space after user) I want to get the line except the 1st field so I do : field=$(gawk '{$1 =""; print $0}' file | sed 's/^ //') It works but it deletes... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: xanthos
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Enter data at end of a file

Hi All, I have a sample datafile: 5.1 5.2 0.8 6.1 What I want to do is create an additional 3 rows with the number "0.7". so that I now have: 5.1 5.2 0.8 6.1 0.7 0.7 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tintin72
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use of Begin IF ,END IF END not working in the sql script

Hi I have written a script .The script runs properly if i write sql queries .But if i use PLSQL commands of BEGIN if end if , end ,then on running the script the comamds are getting printed on the prompt . Ex :temp.sql After connecting to the databse at the sql prompt i type... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: isha_1
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

my shell now adds extra space at end of each line!

Hi, Since today, with csh or tcsh, if I do 'ls files* > list', every lines end with an extra space! What happenned? What can I do to go back when there was no extra space? If I change to bash, there's no extra space. Thanks, Patrick ---------- Post updated at 03:19 PM... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trogne
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop logic, enter into respective IF as per enter input file name

have three big data file, however I just need to see the mentioned below one line form the all the file which has SERVER_CONNECTION Value File 1 export SERVER_CONNECTION=//dvlna002:10001/SmartServer File2 export SERVER_CONNECTION=///SmartServer File3 export... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nsharma3006
1 Replies

8. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

To remove the extra spaces at the end of each line in a file

I have a file of about 10k records and eace line is having an extra space of 5 byte at the end.. Iwant to remove the extra spaces at the end of each line.. Can someone please help me out.. I tried using sed command and its not working... can someone please help me out. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rammohan
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed removing extra character from end

Hi, Searching through forum I found "sed 's/*$//'" can be used to remove trailing whitespaces and tabs from file. The command works fine but I see minor issue as below. Can you please suggest if I am doing something wrong here. $ cat a.txt upg_prod_test upg_prod_new $ cat a.txt |sed... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhupinder08
11 Replies
learn(1)						      General Commands Manual							  learn(1)

NAME
learn - Provides computer-aided instruction for the C shell SYNOPSIS
learn [-directory] [subject] [lesson] The learn command provides computer-aided instruction courses and practice in the use of Tru64 UNIX. OPTIONS
Allows you to exercise a script in a nonstandard place. DESCRIPTION
To get started, enter learn; if this is the first time that you are invoking the learn command, you are guided through a series of ques- tions to determine what type of instruction you want to receive. If you have used learn before and left your last session without completing a subject, the program uses information in $HOME/.learnrc to start you up in the same place you left off. To bypass questions, enter a subject or lesson. In order to enter a lesson, you must know the lesson number that you received in a previ- ous learn command session. If you do not know the lesson number, enter the lesson number as a subject. The learn command searches for the first lesson containing the subject you specified. If the lesson is a - (dash), learn prompts for each lesson; this is useful for debug- ging. You can specify the following subjects: files editor vi morefiles macros eqn C SUBCOMMANDS
There are a few special commands. The bye command terminates a learn session, and the where command tells you of your progress (where m tells you more.) The again command redisplays the text of the lesson and again lesson lets you review lesson. The hint command prints the last part of the lesson script used to evaluate a response, while hint m prints the entire lesson script. This is useful for debugging lessons and might possibly give you an idea about what is expected. EXAMPLES
To take the online lesson about files, enter: learn files You are then prompted for further input. FILES
Playpen directories. Start-up information. SEE ALSO
Commands: csh(1), ex(1) learn(1)