Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem with executing script using ssh Post 302225105 by maethlin on Thursday 14th of August 2008 02:46:46 PM
Old 08-14-2008
Extremely helpful - thank you so much. I'll give this a shot.

How does this board work anyway? Any way to thank people like blesses or points? Or do people help others out of the goodness of their own hearts? Smilie

This is my first time using this board.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem executing a script

The script startserver.sh has permissions to execute. Still the nohup command returns error with 'No such file or directory' Any sugggestions: $ nohup ./startserver.sh & Error $ nohup: appending output to `nohup.out' nohup: cannot run command `./startserver.sh': No such file or... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemangjani
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing a script on a remote system via SSH

Hello all, I have a relatively simple script I wrote to generate a count of errors broken down. What I would like to do is execute this script from another server so that I don't actually have to log in to the server to run the check. The script on what we'll call "Server A" is: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeCoTwc
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem executing script through at

Hey fellows, i've got a probkem while executing a command through a scheduled at-job; Somehow my script starts looping, when triggered throug at; It doesnt do so if started manually. Any ideas? #!/bin/sh # atrun uid=33 gid=33 # mail www-data 0 umask 22 cd /var/django/webripper/ripper... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: viktor4124
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem executing a script

Hi Friends, When I try to execute one of my script script1.shl, I am getting the error message as "/tmp/sh1871978.13: cannot create" . I could not find the specified sh* file in the /tmp directory and I also checked the disk space of /tmp and it is only 60% filled. Please help me on... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_manii
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error Executing a script(SSH problem)

Hi i m writing a script which will fetch data from different machines and display it on single terminal. I have created a file named SERVERNAMES containing ip address of machines i need to monitor. Then for every IP i m issuing ssh command to get date on that machine. However When i m trying... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

executing command in a remote machine through ssh - shell script

Hi All, i have two machines like x and y . my requirement is i should connect to machine Y from x through ssh connection . and do some operation such as copy and move and delete files in Y machine . i tried with this code but it is doing in machine x only . and i need to exit from Y when... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rateeshkumar
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

having problem while executing the script

Hi i am getting stuck while executing the script in the below line .Please help me out if ;then Name=`grep -i $Size $FILE|awk '{print $(NF-1),$NF}' |head -1` else Name="$Nam" fi (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: soumyamishra
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing a background script using ssh keys

Greetings, i've been working with a user-friendly menu on ksh to allow users execute scripts located on a remote server, so they wont have to login and manually launch those scripts every single time. This is a HP-UX box and currently on a /usr/bin/ksh shell. I've setup ssh keys on both... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nbriozzo
1 Replies

9. Linux

Executing a script in remote machine through ssh

How to execute a script in remote machine through ssh I have a script test.sh which does some backup activity in remote machine. Wanted to keep backup also in remote machine. ssh -l username <remote machine> "commands to be exceuted as ; separted" but how to put the script in the place of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanvel
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remote script via SSH not executing

I have worked on multiple scenarios to execute remote script via ssh. This problem I am not able to resolve. 2 linux hosts. Server1, Server2 on Server1 I have script called ~/scripts/start_standalone.sh XXXX cd $JBOSS_HOME NODENAME=xyz; IP_ADDR=`hostname`; MGMT_IPADDR=`hostname`;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: oraclermanpt
3 Replies
SSH-ARGV0(1)                                                BSD General Commands Manual                                               SSH-ARGV0(1)

NAME
ssh-argv0 -- replaces the old ssh command-name as hostname handling SYNOPSIS
hostname | user@hostname [-l login_name] [command] hostname | user@hostname [-afgknqstvxACNTX1246] [-b bind_address] [-c cipher_spec] [-e escape_char] [-i identity_file] [-l login_name] [-m mac_spec] [-o option] [-p port] [-F configfile] [-L port:host:hostport] [-R port:host:hostport] [-D port] [command] DESCRIPTION
ssh-argv0 replaces the old ssh command-name as hostname handling. If you link to this script with a hostname then executing the link is equivalent to having executed ssh with that hostname as an argument. All other arguments are passed to ssh and will be processed normally. OPTIONS
See ssh(1). FILES
See ssh(1). AUTHORS
OpenSSH is a derivative of the original and free ssh 1.2.12 release by Tatu Ylonen. Aaron Campbell, Bob Beck, Markus Friedl, Niels Provos, Theo de Raadt and Dug Song removed many bugs, re-added newer features and created OpenSSH. Markus Friedl contributed the support for SSH protocol versions 1.5 and 2.0. Jonathan Amery wrote this ssh-argv0 script and the associated documentation. SEE ALSO
ssh(1) Debian Project September 7, 2001 Debian Project