Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to navigate previous files one by one. Post 302225065 by jegaraman on Thursday 14th of August 2008 12:25:24 PM
Old 08-14-2008
Hi Ajay,

You can use :n for the next file one by one ....

and :rev or :rew ...try any one of these , it should work.

Thanks...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get previous month files

Hi, My task to to delete files which are of previous months. I have files named as follows *CCYYMMDD.xls. on a particular day i have delete previous months files i.e in Dec i have delete all nov files which look like 200511DD.XLS in Jan i have to delete all Dec files 200512DD.xls ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: savitha
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can you navigate ABOVE the home directory?

Hello, How do I navigate to the level ABOVE the home directory? I have the following structure on my drive, bearing in my I'm using a cygwin port on Windows. C:\ C:\cygwin C:\cygwin\bin C:\cygwin\otherfolders C:\cygwin\home (the home directory) C:\cygwin\home\H (my user directory) ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: patwa
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How Do I Navigate To A Directory???

I am trying to install some applications, on my linux OS and all the instructions are tell me that ill have to navigate to the directories and type the link that they provide, but i try typing 'dir' which shows me the directories but to access a particular one i can't remember how??? can anyone... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kprescod4158
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script That Can navigate to 3 differents directory & remove files under them

Hi I am Trying to Write a script that can goto 4 different directorys on the server & remove the Files older then 30 days ?? /logs logs1 logs2 logs3 Now I need to remove files under logs1 logs2 logs3 which are older then 30 days whose name stat 'sit' , 'mig','bld' . in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Beginner123
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

need to navigate into specified folder and delete the files

Hi all, I need to write a script to naviagate into the list of specified folder and delete the files in it. I have mentioned the list of folders in a external file so it can be reusable. The issue is am facing now is that, i am not understating on how to navigate into the folder locations... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nithz
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to count previous days files

Hi i know how to get no of files in some particular folder by following command which includes today and previous days files also ls |wc -l but i needed a command in which i can list previous one or two days files only. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahiljavaid
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List the files of previous day

I am using KSH. d=date | nawk '{ print $2,$3-1}' ls -lrt SystemOut* | nawk '/d/{print $NF}' I am trying to list the files of previous day but it doesn't seem to be working and i am also not getting an error. result is blank.Need help. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: vagar11
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove previous line if next & previous lines have same 4th character.

I want to remove commands having no output. In below text file. bash-3.2$ cat abc_do_it.txt grpg10so>show trunk group all status grpg11so>show trunk group all status grpg12so>show trunk group all status GCPKNYAIGT73IMO 1440 1345 0 0 94 0 0 INSERVICE 93% 0%... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raza Ali
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Navigate to Windows Desktop?

I want to use my Desktop for saving files of my codes. Looking for Desktop in my OS (C : ) and couldn't find it anywhere. Is it possible to navigate to your desktop? If so how? By the way, I am using Cygwin. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: DyslexicChciken
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find files modified in previous minute only

Hi, How can I get files which are modified only in last minute ? it should not display 2 minutes back filels -la -rw-rw-r-- 1 stuser st 51 Dec 3 09:22 a.csv -rw-rw-r-- 1 stiser st 50 Dec 3 09:25 b.csv -rw-rw-r-- 1 stuser st 53 Dec 3 09:33 c.csv When I run command at 9:34am then I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbjv
7 Replies
DIFF3(1)						      General Commands Manual							  DIFF3(1)

NAME
diff3 - 3-way differential file comparison SYNOPSIS
diff3 [ -exEX3 ] file1 file2 file3 DESCRIPTION
Diff3 compares three versions of a file, and publishes disagreeing ranges of text flagged with these codes: ==== all three files differ ====1 file1 is different ====2 file2 is different ====3 file3 is different The type of change suffered in converting a given range of a given file to some other is indicated in one of these ways: f : n1 a Text is to be appended after line number n1 in file f, where f = 1, 2, or 3. f : n1 , n2 c Text is to be changed in the range line n1 to line n2. If n1 = n2, the range may be abbreviated to n1. The original contents of the range follows immediately after a c indication. When the contents of two files are identical, the contents of the lower-numbered file is suppressed. Under the -e option, diff3 publishes a script for the editor ed that will incorporate into file1 all changes between file2 and file3, i.e. the changes that normally would be flagged ==== and ====3. Option -x (-3) produces a script to incorporate only changes flagged ==== (====3). The following command will apply the resulting script to `file1'. (cat script; echo '1,$p') | ed - file1 The -E and -X are similar to -e and -x, respectively, but treat overlapping changes (i.e., changes that would be flagged with ==== in the normal listing) differently. The overlapping lines from both files will be inserted by the edit script, bracketed by "<<<<<<" and ">>>>>>" lines. For example, suppose lines 7-8 are changed in both file1 and file2. Applying the edit script generated by the command "diff3 -E file1 file2 file3" to file1 results in the file: lines 1-6 of file1 <<<<<<< file1 lines 7-8 of file1 ======= lines 7-8 of file3 >>>>>>> file3 rest of file1 The -E option is used by RCS merge(1) to insure that overlapping changes in the merged files are preserved and brought to someone's atten- tion. FILES
/tmp/d3????? /usr/libexec/diff3 SEE ALSO
diff(1) BUGS
Text lines that consist of a single `.' will defeat -e. 7th Edition October 21, 1996 DIFF3(1)