Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Add User Problem
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Add User Problem Post 302224970 by era on Thursday 14th of August 2008 09:08:48 AM
Old 08-14-2008
The "invalid name" and "invalid parameter" errors are definitely not routine. See if you can figure out what causes them. I'd guess there's a syntax error in your sshd or PAM config. (Or does "realm" here refer to Kerberos maybe?)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

User Problem

On my small network some of my users are having trouble logging in. What's something that I can do to find out what's wrong? Are there any commands that I can run or files I can check? ,AP (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anthony
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

user creation problem

hello, Actually I want to create a user for our brower based custom application for the mail access from our mailserver(linux). I create user dummy and I granted all the privileages to dummy user and made dummy equivelent to root and if I tried to create a another user logging as dummy ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jarkvarma
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

create user problem

hello: before I am add user in Linux with " adduser" command . for example system(adduser zzf -p hello); and this command "-p" option is used to create "login password". now i do not find the "-p" option in " adduser " in hp unix os. and i should how to do ??? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phoenix_fei
3 Replies

4. Linux

USER login problem

Hi All I am facing a login issue actually on my local machine users are not suppose to login with there respective prompt on the machine. Access deneid login as: daya Sent username "daya" daya@10.10.0.3's password: Access denied daya@192.168.0.83's password: and even i am not suppose... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: daya.pandit
3 Replies

5. AIX

user login problem & Files listing problem.

1) when user login to the server the session got colosed. How will resolve? 2) While firing the command ls -l we are not able to see the any files in the director. but over all view the file system using the command df -g it is showing 91% used. what will be the problem? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pernasivam
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

sendmail user accounts problem

first of all I am Newbie to linux I confidured my sendmail -8.13 on RHEL5, but i have a problem regarding user accounts. How can I user access his account on remotely while all users exit on servers ? should i need to configure extra server to enable this .... And what is LDAP and can this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sandy6573
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

User login problem

Dear All, Plz help in unixware 7x only root user login & other user not login . message giving permission denied (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhir69
3 Replies

8. AIX

User creation problem

Hi, I am getting tired in creating several users in a day. Can anyone have a script to create several users in the same server, as well as, to create one user in several servers. where i have to put script and how to run the script. Waiting for your reply. Thanks in advance (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: udtyuvaraj
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

adding new user problem?

I wan to add a new user. I have executed the following command. The user home directory is created. but password creation shows error. Note: I'm using LDAP Server for user authentication. adduser xxx Adding user `xxx' ... Adding new group `xxx' (1003) ... Adding new user `xxx' (1003) with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ungalnanban
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

User add problem

I could not create the user name with the number infront of... useradd 8siva useradd: Invalid account name `8siva' (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsiva
3 Replies
KDC.CONF(5)							File Formats Manual						       KDC.CONF(5)

NAME
kdc.conf - Kerberos V5 KDC configuration file DESCRIPTION
kdc.conf specifies per-realm configuration data to be used by the Kerberos V5 Authentication Service and Key Distribution Center (AS/KDC). This includes database, key and per-realm defaults. The kdc.conf file uses the same format as the krb5.conf file. For a basic description of the syntax, please refer to the krb5.conf description. The following sections are currently used in the kdc.conf file: [kdcdefaults] Contains parameters which control the overall behaviour of the KDC. [realms] Contains subsections keyed by Kerberos realm names which describe per-realm KDC parameters. KDCDEFAULTS SECTION
The following relations are defined in the [kdcdefaults] section: kdc_ports This relation lists the ports which the Kerberos server should listen on, by default. This list is a comma separated list of inte- gers. If this relation is not specified, the compiled-in default is usually port 88 and port 750. v4_mode This string specifies how the KDC should respond to Kerberos IV packets. If this relation is not specified, the compiled-in default of nopreauth is used. REALMS SECTION
Each tag in the [realms] section of the file names a Kerberos realm. The value of the tag is a subsection where the relations in that sub- section define KDC parameters for that particular realm. For each realm, the following tags may be specified in the [realms] subsection: database_name This string specifies the location of the Kerberos database for this realm. master_key_name This string specifies the name of the master key. master_key_type This key type string represents the master key's key type. encryption_type This encryption type string represents the encryption type used for this realm. key_stash_file This string specifies the location where the master key has been stored with kdb5_stash. kdc_ports This string specifies the list of ports that the KDC is to listen to for this realm. By default, the value of kdc_ports as speci- fied in the [kdcdefaults] section is used. max_life This delta time string specifes the maximum time period that a ticket may be valid for in this realm. max_renewable_life This delta time string specifies the maximum time period that a ticket may be renewed for in this realm. default_principal_expiration This absolute time string specifies the default expiration date of principals created in this realm. default_principal_flags This flag string specifies the default attributes of principals created in this realm. supported_keytypes This list of key : salt strings specifies the default key/salt combinations of principals for this realm. reject_bad_transit This boolean string specifies whether or not the KDC should reject cross-realm TGS requests if the request's list of transited realms names realms which would not be included in the transit path if the path were to be computed using the KDC's krb5.conf file, or if the client requests that the KDC not perform such a check. The default is for this option to be enabled. FILES
/var/kerberos/krb5kdc/kdc.conf SEE ALSO
krb5.conf(5), krb5kdc(8) KDC.CONF(5)