Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Add User Problem
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Add User Problem Post 302224931 by era on Thursday 14th of August 2008 08:07:56 AM
Old 08-14-2008
Can you ssh tt@localhost? I'm not capable of telling you what or how to troubleshoot PAM but PAM being enabled is, to me, a possible problem, not a solution. (PAM is wonderful if correctly configured and all that, but it's complex.)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

User Problem

On my small network some of my users are having trouble logging in. What's something that I can do to find out what's wrong? Are there any commands that I can run or files I can check? ,AP (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anthony
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

user creation problem

hello, Actually I want to create a user for our brower based custom application for the mail access from our mailserver(linux). I create user dummy and I granted all the privileages to dummy user and made dummy equivelent to root and if I tried to create a another user logging as dummy ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jarkvarma
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

create user problem

hello: before I am add user in Linux with " adduser" command . for example system(adduser zzf -p hello); and this command "-p" option is used to create "login password". now i do not find the "-p" option in " adduser " in hp unix os. and i should how to do ??? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phoenix_fei
3 Replies

4. Linux

USER login problem

Hi All I am facing a login issue actually on my local machine users are not suppose to login with there respective prompt on the machine. Access deneid login as: daya Sent username "daya" daya@10.10.0.3's password: Access denied daya@192.168.0.83's password: and even i am not suppose... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: daya.pandit
3 Replies

5. AIX

user login problem & Files listing problem.

1) when user login to the server the session got colosed. How will resolve? 2) While firing the command ls -l we are not able to see the any files in the director. but over all view the file system using the command df -g it is showing 91% used. what will be the problem? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pernasivam
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

sendmail user accounts problem

first of all I am Newbie to linux I confidured my sendmail -8.13 on RHEL5, but i have a problem regarding user accounts. How can I user access his account on remotely while all users exit on servers ? should i need to configure extra server to enable this .... And what is LDAP and can this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sandy6573
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

User login problem

Dear All, Plz help in unixware 7x only root user login & other user not login . message giving permission denied (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhir69
3 Replies

8. AIX

User creation problem

Hi, I am getting tired in creating several users in a day. Can anyone have a script to create several users in the same server, as well as, to create one user in several servers. where i have to put script and how to run the script. Waiting for your reply. Thanks in advance (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: udtyuvaraj
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

adding new user problem?

I wan to add a new user. I have executed the following command. The user home directory is created. but password creation shows error. Note: I'm using LDAP Server for user authentication. adduser xxx Adding user `xxx' ... Adding new group `xxx' (1003) ... Adding new user `xxx' (1003) with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ungalnanban
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

User add problem

I could not create the user name with the number infront of... useradd 8siva useradd: Invalid account name `8siva' (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsiva
3 Replies
pam_ldap(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       pam_ldap(8)

NAME
pam_ldap - PAM module for LDAP-based authentication SYNOPSIS
pam_ldap.so [...] DESCRIPTION
This is a PAM module that uses an LDAP server to verify user access rights and credentials. OPTIONS
use_first_pass Specifies that the PAM module should use the first password provided in the authentication stack and not prompt the user for a pass- word. try_first_pass Specifies that the PAM module should use the first password provided in the authentication stack and if that fails prompt the user for a password. nullok Specifying this option allows users to log in with a blank password. Normally logins without a password are denied. ignore_unknown_user Specifies that the PAM module should return PAM_IGNORE for users that are not present in the LDAP directory. This causes the PAM framework to ignore this module. ignore_authinfo_unavail Specifies that the PAM module should return PAM_IGNORE if it cannot contact the LDAP server. This causes the PAM framework to ig- nore this module. no_warn Specifies that warning messages should not be propagated to the PAM application. use_authtok This causes the PAM module to use the earlier provided password when changing the password. The module will not prompt the user for a new password (it is analogous to use_first_pass). debug This option causes the PAM module to log debugging information to syslog(3). minimum_uid=UID This option causes the PAM module to ignore the user if the user id is lower than the specified value. This can be used to bypass LDAP checks for system users (e.g. by setting it to 1000). MODULE SERVICES PROVIDED
All services are provided by this module but currently sessions changes are not implemented in the nslcd daemon. FILES
/etc/pam.conf the main PAM configuration file /etc/nslcd.conf The configuration file for the nslcd daemon (see nslcd.conf(5)) SEE ALSO
pam.conf(5), nslcd(8), nslcd.conf(5) AUTHOR
This manual was written by Arthur de Jong <arthur@arthurdejong.org>. Version 0.8.10 Jun 2012 pam_ldap(8)