Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers counting a list of string in a list of txt files Post 302224658 by jim mcnamara on Wednesday 13th of August 2008 03:06:38 PM
Old 08-13-2008
Code:
cat chunk* > tmp.tmp
awk '   FILENAME=="string.txt" { arr[$0]=0 }
        FILENAME=="tmp.tmp"  { for(i=1; i<=NF; i++) {
             if ($i in arr) {arr[$i]++} 
        }}        
        END { for (i in arr) { print i, arr[i]}} ' string.txt tmp.tmp

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to List and copy the files containing a string

:confused: I have more than 8000 files in a dir, I need to copy to other dir which containing the "sample" I tried grep -il "1189609240791-1268115603299237276@216.109.111.119 ' | cp /tmp/inv Nothing is happening for long time for 100 file dir too, Any one can help me? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: redlotus72
11 Replies

2. Solaris

list files .txt and .TXT in one command

Dear experts, In a directory i have both *.TXT and *.txt files. I have a script- for file in `ls *.txt`; do mv $file /tmp/$file How to list both *.txt and*.TXT file in one command so that script will move both .txt or .TXT whatever it find. br//purple (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepurple
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

command to list .txt and .TXT file

Hi expersts, in my directory i have *.txt and *.TXT and *.TXT.log, *.txt.log I want list only .txt and .TXT files in one command... how to ?? //purple (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thepurple
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List all files except *.txt in a directory

I have many types of files (Eg: *.log, *.rpt, *.txt, *.dat) in a directory. I want to display all file types except *.txt. What is the command to display all files except "*.txt" (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: apsprabhu
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

List the files with string

I want to list all the files which are having today's date in its header... Please let me know if this can be achveived by a single command (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: anandapani
8 Replies

6. Solaris

list of files in a txt file from sftp location

I want equivalent of ftp in sftp for listing of files into local machine from sftp location. ftp>ls -l list.txt the above creates a file list.txt in the local machine's current directory. sftp>ls -l list.txt it is giving Couldn't stat remote file: No such file or directory is there... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: megh
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to list files not present in audio.txt file

I am having following folder structure. /root/audios/pop /root/audios/jazz /root/audios/rock Inside those pop, jazz, rock folders there are following files, p1.ul, p2.ul, p3.ul, j1.ul, j2.ul, j3.ul, r1.ul, r2.ul, r3.ul And I have a file named as "audio.txt" in the path /root/audios,... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: gopikrish81
11 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating a column based list from a string list

I have a string containing fields separated by space Example set sr="Fred Ted Joe Peter Paul Jean Chris Tim Tex" and want to display it in a column format, for example to a maximum of a window of 100 characters And hopefully display some thing like Fred Ted Joe ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to list the files having particular string in it ?

I want to list the name of files with path having perticular string in it. search must be start from root (/) dir. Thanks:) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anandgodse
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep string in files and list file names that contain the string

Hi, I have a list of zipped files. I want to grep for a string in all files and get a list of file names that contain the string. But without unzipping them before that, more like using something like gzcat. My OS is: SunOS test 5.10 Generic_142900-13 sun4u sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: apenkov
8 Replies
DH_MOVEFILES(1) 						     Debhelper							   DH_MOVEFILES(1)

NAME
dh_movefiles - move files out of debian/tmp into subpackages SYNOPSIS
dh_movefiles [debhelperoptions] [--sourcedir=dir] [-Xitem] file...] DESCRIPTION
dh_movefiles is a debhelper program that is responsible for moving files out of debian/tmp or some other directory and into other package build directories. This may be useful if your package has a Makefile that installs everything into debian/tmp, and you need to break that up into subpackages. Note: dh_install is a much better program, and you are recommended to use it instead of dh_movefiles. FILES
debian/package.files Lists the files to be moved into a package, separated by whitespace. The filenames listed should be relative to debian/tmp/. You can also list directory names, and the whole directory will be moved. OPTIONS
--sourcedir=dir Instead of moving files out of debian/tmp (the default), this option makes it move files out of some other directory. Since the entire contents of the sourcedir is moved, specifying something like --sourcedir=/ is very unsafe, so to prevent mistakes, the sourcedir must be a relative filename; it cannot begin with a `/'. -Xitem, --exclude=item Exclude files that contain item anywhere in their filename from being installed. file ... Lists files to move. The filenames listed should be relative to debian/tmp/. You can also list directory names, and the whole directory will be moved. It is an error to list files here unless you use -p, -i, or -a to tell dh_movefiles which subpackage to put them in. NOTES
Note that files are always moved out of debian/tmp by default (even if you have instructed debhelper to use a compatibility level higher than one, which does not otherwise use debian/tmp for anything at all). The idea behind this is that the package that is being built can be told to install into debian/tmp, and then files can be moved by dh_movefiles from that directory. Any files or directories that remain are ignored, and get deleted by dh_clean later. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 9.20120909 2012-05-19 DH_MOVEFILES(1)