Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Shell script for scheduling
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell script for scheduling Post 302224278 by tmarikle on Tuesday 12th of August 2008 05:54:18 PM
Old 08-12-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by akar_naveen
I have an SFTP coprocess whose output is redirected to a file (as shown in the script below). Now how can I read the output of the coprocess:

exec 4>$FTPLOG
sftp nakarapu@serverx >&4 2>&4 |&
print -p mget $filename
print -p !echo "The FTP is complete"
read -p LINE
echo $LINE
print -p bye
wait

What changes to the above code can make it read the LINE from the coprocess.

(Btw, this is an attempt to synchronize with the coprocess. If you have a better way to know when the coprocess finishes the ftp, please let me know.)
I have never been able to get ssh, scp, or sftp to work via a coprocess due to how it forks a child process. You need to use expect or Perl expect; that's what I have used.

T

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

scheduling script to run another script on Solaris

Hi everyone, I am trying to automate one process on Solaris OS. This is what happens at the moment. Every night at 19:30 and every hour after that we run a script that checks the status of databases. That script runs and prints if db's are OK at the end it states how many were down. I am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrei
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

script scheduling

Hi, I have a ksh scrip (x) that scans a directory and does actions when a file arrives in this directory. My question is what is the best way to schedule x? 1. Use cron tab and create a task running forever 2. Creat another ksh script (y) that runs (x) in a non-terminating loop Which... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GNMIKE
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with scheduling a shell script on cygwin using cron

Hi, Before I start, I would like to inform that, I went through all FAQs and other threads before posting here. I 'm trying to schedule a shell script on cygwin using cron. No matter what I do I don't seem to get the cron job executing my bash script. My script is temp.sh echo `date` >... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shash
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Passing arguments to a shell script from file while scheduling in cron

Hi, I have a shell script Scp_1.sh for which I have to pass 2 arguments to run. I have another script Scp_2.sh which in turns calls script Scp_1.sh inside. How do I make Scp_1.sh script to read arguments automatically from a file, while running Scp_2.sh? -- Weblogic Support (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: weblogicsupport
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Scheduling a script other than crontab

Hi, How can we run/schedule a shell script. Since there is no access to cron at this point of time we have to think other way out to run a script every hour. How can we achieve this. Need advice. How about using sleep,autosys etc...the script should trigger off every hour...which sends... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: noorm
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Scheduling a script by using Crontab

Hi, I need to schedule a script in crontab which should run at 01:00 am in the morning and should run for every 15 days in a month. How to schedule this by using crontab? Many thanks. Rgds, (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatesht
13 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scheduling a Ksh script

All, Running the below script independently is working fine with no issue but once I am scheduling it in cron on my Linux environment it is not working. Can anyone look into this and let me know what I have to modify here to schedule it properly. 09 03 * * 4 ksh 'cd... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Oracle_User
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script scheduling in cronjob

Hi, I have developed a file deletion script and scheduled it in cronjob to run daily at 5:00 AM. But the script is not running automatically any day. However when I run the script manually at any time, it runs successfully. This is how the cron looks like : 0 5 * * *... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhilmil
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error while scheduling the shell script

I am getting the below error while scheduling the job.Why? 00 30 * * * /arbor/integ_fx/rahul_raj/itsr_5652_v2/it.sh /arbor/integ_fx/rahul_raj/itsr_5652_v2 "/tmp/crontabBvaWiv" 47 lines, 2412 characters 00 30 * * * /arbor/integ_fx/rahul_raj/itsr_5652_v2/it.sh ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rafa_fed2
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Scheduling a script

Hi, I have my script in below path in UNIX /storage/sas_source/SDTM-Development/FileWatcher/filewatcher.sh I want to schedule it to run every 30 secs. Please let me know the steps to do it. Thanks. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: prats_7678
7 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD