Sponsored Content
Special Forums News, Links, Events and Announcements UNIX and Linux RSS News A conversation with gOS founder David Liu (video) Post 302224260 by Linux Bot on Tuesday 12th of August 2008 04:10:06 PM
Old 08-12-2008
A conversation with gOS founder David Liu (video)

08-12-2008 01:00 PM
Why did David and his group decide the world needed yet another GNU/Linux distribution? And how are they making money? This second question is important because David says, yes, gOS (pronounced gee-oh-ess) is profitable -- and not from selling service and support contracts, either. For the full scoop, watch the video.

Source...

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux Gos and windows 7

Hi, I've 2 partitions with Linux (Gos) and Windows XP. I would like to replace Windows XP with Windows 7 without affecting linux. I need to use some applications only for Windows. Is this easy to do ? Just with the installation CD of Windows 7 ? thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aneuryzma
4 Replies
XGI(4)							     Kernel Interfaces Manual							    XGI(4)

NAME
xgi - XGI video driver SYNOPSIS
Section "Device" Identifier "devname" Driver "xgi" ... EndSection DESCRIPTION
xgi is an XFree86 driver for XGI (Xabre Graphics Inc) video chips. The driver is accelerated, and provides support for colordepths of 8, 16 and 24 bpp. XVideo, Render and other extensions are supported as well. SUPPORTED HARDWARE
The xgi driver supports PCI and AGP video cards based on the following chipsets: Volari V3XT/V5/V8 Volari Z7 CONFIGURATION DETAILS
Please refer to XF86Config(5) for general configuration details. This section only covers configuration details specific to this driver. SEE ALSO
XFree86(1), XF86Config(5), xf86config(1), Xserver(1), X(7) AUTHORS
Authors include: Alan Hourihane, Mike Chapman, Juanjo Santamarta, Mitani Hiroshi, David Thomas, Sung-Ching Lin, Ademar Reis, Thomas Winis- chhofer XFree86 Version 4.7.0 XGI(4)