Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers cout doesn't print everything Post 302224256 by SaTYR on Tuesday 12th of August 2008 03:51:43 PM
Old 08-12-2008
Wow, you're definitely right. The list has 1 element. Now my problem is changed, below is the code of the whole function:

Code:
//actorList is a vector which holds pointers of actor classes
//in an actor class there is an integer (dist) which represents the distance of
// current actor to another one. this function is supposed to generate new
// distances in map and if distance already exists in the map, dist map
// increases the value part of key. for instance, all actors whose distance 
//is 5 count on map dist[5][n], n shows the total number of actors. if there
// is no key=5 in the map, it simply creates one and adds it to the map (using make_pair(_,_)). 

void printDist(){
        typedef map<int, int> mapType;
        mapType dist;
        dist.insert (make_pair(0 ,0));

mapType::iterator iter = dist.begin();

cout << "Size of actor list: " << (*actorList).size() << endl;

timer1.restart();
        for(int i=0;i<(*actorList).size();i++){
                iter = dist.find((*actorList)[i]->dist);

if(iter == dist.end()){
                        if(iter->first == (*actorList)[i]->dist){
                                dist.insert (make_pair((*actorList)[i]->dist ,1)); //add new distance to map
                                cout << "Element was inserted. Size of dist:" << dist.size() << endl;
                        }
                }else{  
                        iter->second += 1; //if distance already exists in map, simply increase the value by 1.
                }
        }

timer1.stop();
        timer1.check("Actor list travel: ");

for(iter = dist.begin(); iter != dist.end(); ++iter)
                cout << "Distance: " << iter->first << " , Value: " << iter->second << " Out of: " << dist.size() << endl;
}

It is weird, I can't understand why it works on Ubuntu but not on Solaris....

thanks.

Last edited by SaTYR; 08-12-2008 at 05:59 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

library for cout question

Hi I am running Ubuntu 9.10 and I use QtCreator for my C++ Programms. I knwo that in wondows OS cout is located in iostream.h library. It seems that it isn;t the same library in Qtcrator... :( Anyway, iostream.h doesn't exist and iostream (without the .h) exists but doesn't seem to include the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

print first few lines, then apply regex on a specific column to print results.

abc.dat tty cpu tin tout us sy wt id 0 0 7 3 19 71 extended device statistics r/s w/s kr/s kw/s wait actv wsvc_t asvc_t %w %b device 0.0 133.2 0.0 682.9 0.0 1.0 0.0 7.2 0 79 c1t0d0 0.2 180.4 0.1 5471.2 3.0 2.8 16.4 15.6 15 52 aaaaaa1-xx I want to skip first 5 line... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
4 Replies

3. Programming

"cout = outFile" is not compiled

Hello, Compilation of the line "cout = outFile" throws error "Error: std::ios_base::operator=(const std::ios_base&) is not accessible from std::ios ::operator=(const std::ios &)." outFile is declared as "static ofstream". Thanks, Shafi (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shafi2all
3 Replies

4. Programming

std::cout and gfortran print*, don't output to the screen

I am not sure where to post this other than here. I am trying to figure out why an app gives different output when compiled under Ubuntu 10.10 and CentOS 5.5. I am pretty sure that the issue is that the Cent version has gcc 4.1 installed, while Ubuntu has gcc 4.4. I am trying to print from some... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
20 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

If first character doesn't equal '#' and same line contains 'temp', print everything else

(2 Replies)
Discussion started by: snoman1
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script doesn't print error.

Hi Gurus, I have below sample script. I expect it print error when running script without input parameter. but the it doesn't. would you please help me about this issue. thanks in advance. /script$cat test.ksh #!/bin/ksh while getopts :f: arg do case $arg in ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken6503
4 Replies

7. Programming

Missing cout

Heyas Me trying some C.. cout in specific, thats what i remembered: #include <stdio.h> // -- Just the above or with all the below ones, no change #include <stdio_ext.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <wchar.h> //#include <iostream> // I assume its the same anyway? //#include <iostream.h>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
2 Replies

8. Programming

Concatenate integer and space/newline for cout in C++

I'm trying to print out integers and space/newline for a nicer output, for example, every 20 integers in a row with ternary operator. In C I could do it with:printf("%d%s",tmp_int, ((j+1)%20) ? "\t":"\n"); but could not figure out the equivalent in C++: cout << ((j+1)%20)?... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE doesn't print values in shell script

Hello, I'm trying to print the value of my cursor in the dbms_output.put_line in shell script, but it only shows "PL/SQL procedure successfully completed." nothing else. I have set serveroutput on, Below is my script : Any advise would be really helpful. sqlplus -s $ORACLE_LOGON <<EOF >>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mail.chiranjit
2 Replies
mlib_SignalDTWVector_F32(3MLIB) 			    mediaLib Library Functions				   mlib_SignalDTWVector_F32(3MLIB)

NAME
mlib_SignalDTWVector_F32 - perform dynamic time warping on vector data SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lmlib [ library... ] #include <mlib.h> mlib_status mlib_SignalDTWVector_F32(mlib_d64 *dist, const mlib_f32 **dobs, mlib_s32 lobs, void *state); DESCRIPTION
The mlib_SignalDTWVector_F32() function performs dynamic time warping on vector data. Assume the reference data are r(y), y=1,2,...,N and the observed data are o(x), x=1,2,...,M the dynamic time warping is to find a mapping function (a path) p(i) = {px(i),py(i)}, i=1,2,...,Q with the minimum distance. In K-best paths case, K paths with the K minimum distances are searched. The distance of a path is defined as Q dist = SUM d(r(py(i)),o(px(i))) * m(px(i),py(i)) i=1 where d(r,o) is the dissimilarity between data point/vector r and data point/vector o; m(x,y) is the path weighting coefficient associated with path point (x,y); N is the length of the reference data; M is the length of the observed data; Q is the length of the path. Using L1 norm (sum of absolute differences) L-1 d(r,o) = SUM |r(i) - o(i)| i=0 Using L2 norm (Euclidean distance) L-1 d(r,o) = SQRT { SUM (r(i) - o(i))**2 } i=0 where L is the length of each data vector. To scalar data where L=1, the two norms are the same. d(r,o) = |r - o| = SQRT {(r - o)**2 } The constraints of dynamic time warping are: 1. Endpoint constraints px(1) = 1 1 <= py(1) <= 1 + delta and px(Q) = M N-delta <= py(Q) <= N 2. Monotonicity Conditions px(i) <= px(i+1) py(i) <= py(i+1) 3. Local Continuity Constraints See Table 4.5 on page 211 in Rabiner and Juang's book. Itakura Type: py | *----*----* |p4 |p1 |p0 | | | *----*----* | |p2 | | | | *----*----*-- px p3 Allowable paths are p1->p0 (1,0) p2->p0 (1,1) p3->p0 (1,2) Consecutive (1,0)(1,0) is disallowed. So path p4->p1->p0 is disallowed. 4. Global Path Constraints Due to local continuity constraints, certain portions of the (px,py) plane are excluded from the region the optimal warping path can transverse. This forms global path constraints. 5. Slope Weighting See Equation 4.150-3 on page 216 in Rabiner and Juang's book. A path in (px,py) plane can be represented in chain code. The value of the chain code is defined as following. ============================ shift ( x , y ) | chain code ---------------------------- ( 1 , 0 ) | 0 ( 0 , 1 ) | 1 ( 1 , 1 ) | 2 ( 2 , 1 ) | 3 ( 1 , 2 ) | 4 ( 3 , 1 ) | 5 ( 3 , 2 ) | 6 ( 1 , 3 ) | 7 ( 2 , 3 ) | 8 ============================ py | * 8 7 * | * 4 * 6 | 1 2 3 5 | x--0--*--*-- px where x marks the start point of a path segment, the numbers are the values of the chain code for the segment that ends at the point. In following example, the observed data with 11 data points are mapped into the reference data with 9 data points py | 9 | * * * * * * * * * *-* | / | * * * * * * * *-* * * | / | * * * * * * * * * * * | / | * * * * *-* * * * * * | / | * * * * * * * * * * * | | | * * * * * * * * * * * | / | * * * * * * * * * * * | / | * * * * * * * * * * * | / 1 | * * * * * * * * * * * | +------------------------ px 1 11 The chain code that represents the path is (2 2 2 1 2 0 2 2 0 2 0) See Fundamentals of Speech Recognition by Lawrence Rabiner and Biing-Hwang Juang, Prentice Hall, 1993. PARAMETERS
The function takes the following arguments: dist The distance of the optimal path. dobs The observed data array. lobs The length of the observed data array. state Pointer to the internal state structure. RETURN VALUES
The function returns MLIB_SUCCESS if successful. Otherwise it returns MLIB_FAILURE. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mlib_SignalDTWVectorInit_F32(3MLIB), mlib_SignalDTWVector_F32(3MLIB), mlib_SignalDTWVectorPath_F32(3MLIB), mlib_SignalDTWVector- Free_F32(3MLIB), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 18 Nov 2004 mlib_SignalDTWVector_F32(3MLIB)