Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Split a record ( in a row) and make it as new row Post 302224131 by kottursamy on Tuesday 12th of August 2008 09:12:21 AM
Old 08-12-2008
Split a record ( in a row) and make it as new row

Hi All,

The following is the scenario

id name
--------------
1 William;Johnson
2 Azim;Abdul
3 Grasim
etc....

I need the following output

id name
--------------
1 William
1 Johnson
2 Azim
2 Abdul
3 Grasim
..etc

Please tell me the way to achieve the solution.

Thanks in advance!!!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing the column for a row in a text file and adding another row

Hi, I want to write a shell script which increments a particular column in a row from a text file and then adds another row below the current row with the incremented value . For Eg . if the input file has a row : abc xyz lmn 89 lm nk o p I would like the script to create something like... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: aYankeeFan
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

split header row into one column

So, I have a massive file with thousands of columns I want a list of the headers in one column in another file. So I need to strip off the top line (can use head-1) But how can I convert from this format: A B C D E F G to A B C D E F G (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: polly_falconer
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue while splitting a row of record

Hi, I have one file with the following details, ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Account_Id Date Id Balance 44 9 1000.00 30 15-10-2173 10 1000.00 42 15-10-2173 10 1200.00 53 01-01-2008 10 1200.00 I need to split up the values in to the respective fields as follows, ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kattoor
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell Script: Traverse Database Table Row by Row

Hello Everyone, My issue is that I want to traverse a database table row by row and do some action on the value retrieved in each row. I have gone through a lot of shell script questions/posts. I could find row by row traversal of a file but not a database table. Please help. Thanks &... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahsan.asghar
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Subtracting each row from the first row in a single column file using awk

Hi Friends, I have a single column data like below. 1 2 3 4 5 I need the output like below. 0 1 2 3 4 where each row (including first row) subtracting from first row and the result should print below like the way shown in output file. Thanks Sid (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add Row from First Row (Split Row)

HI Guys, I have Below Input :- RepigA_hteis522 ReptCfiEtrBsCll_aofe MSL04_MSL2_A25_1A 0 9 MSL04_MSL2_A25_1B 0 9 MSL04_MSL2_A25_1C 0 9 RepigA ReptCfiEtrBsCll hteis522 aofe MSL04_MSL2_A25_1A 0 9 MSL04_MSL2_A25_1B 0 9 MSL04_MSL2_A25_1C 0 9 Split Data in two first row... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshkp
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to place Record in a row as a column name?

Hi, I want to know how to place a particular field availble in a record as the columnname. Name,Sam,Age,13,School, StJohn Name,Rita,Age,12,School, StMichael, Name,John,Age,14,School, StAnthony I want the output as Name Age School Sam 13 StJohn Rita 12 StMichael John 14... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sidnow
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Keep only the closet match of timestamped row (include headers) from file1 to precede file2 row/s

My original files are like this below and I distinguish them from the AP_ID (file1 has 572 and file2 has 544). Also, the header on file1 has “G_” pre-pended. NOTE: these are only snippets of very large files and much of the data is not present here. Original File 1: ... (36 Replies)
Discussion started by: aachave1
36 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting single row into multiple rows based on for every 10 digits of last field of the row

Hi ALL, We have requirement in a file, i have multiple rows. Example below: Input file rows 01,1,102319,0,0,70,26,U,1,331,000000113200000011920000001212 01,1,102319,0,1,80,20,U,1,241,00000059420000006021 I need my output file should be as mentioned below. Last field should split for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kotra
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Keep only the closet match of timestamped row (include headers) from file1 to precede file2 row/s

This is a question that is related to one I had last August when I was trying to sort/merge two files by millsecond time column (in this case column 6). The script (below) that helped me last august by RudiC solved the puzzle of sorting/merging two files by time, except it gets lost when the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aachave1
0 Replies
LUTEFISK(1)															       LUTEFISK(1)

NAME
lutefisk - software for the de novo interpretation of peptide CID spectra SYNOPSIS
lutefisk [-q ] [ -m ] [ -d] [ -p ] [ -r ] [ -s ] [ -v] [ -h] [-o ] <infile> DESCRIPTION
lutefisk is a software for the de novo interpretation of peptide CID spectra. It takes peptide CID data and some ancillary data files (of which the location is specified on the command line) and outputs a results file containing all the sequences hypothetically matching the CID data. When you invoke lutefisk with the -h option, the program lists to the command line all the options that are available. OPTIONS
-h Print a list of options -q Run in quiet mode -m Precursor ion mass -d Pathname to the details file -p Pathname to the params file -r Pathname to the residues file -s Pathname to the file with database sequences to score -v Run in verbose mode -o Output file <infile> CID data file PROGRAM DATA
The data required to run the program are located in /usr/share/lutefisk. EXAMPLE DATA
Example data are located in /usr/share/doc/lutefisk/examples. BIBLIOGRAPHICAL REFERENCES TO BE CITED
R. S. Johnson and J. A. Taylor (2002) "Searching sequence databases via de novo peptide sequencing by tandem mass spectrometry", Mol. Biotechnology Vol. 22, No. 3. (November 2002), pp. 301-315. J. A. Taylor and R. S. Johnson (2000) "Implementation and uses of automated de novo peptide sequencing by tandem mass spectrometry". Anal. Chem. 73:2594-2604. R. S. Johnson and J. A. Taylor (2000) "Searching sequence databases via de novo peptide sequencing by tandem mass spectrometry", "Protein and Peptide Analysis: Advances in the Use of Mass Spectrometry", 146:41-61 (Methods in Molecular Biology series, Humana Press). J. A. Taylor and R. S. Johnson (1997) "Sequence database searches via de novo peptide sequencing by tandem mass spectrometry". Rapid Comm. Mass Spec. 11:1067-1075. SEE ALSO
lutefisk-doc(7). AUTHORS
Richard S. Johnson <jsrichar@alum.mit.edu>. Program author. Filippo Rusconi <rusconi-debian@laposte.net>. Man-page author for the Debian distribution. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1995-1999 Richard S. Johnson Copyright (C) 2009 Filippo Rusconi This manual page was written for the Debian system (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 3 or (at your option) any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On a Debian system the complete text of the GNU General Public License version 3 can be found in the file `- /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL-3'. 2009/04/29 LUTEFISK(1)