Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Doing Checks on a file
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Doing Checks on a file Post 302224056 by buffoonix on Tuesday 12th of August 2008 06:28:00 AM
Old 08-12-2008
Oops, sorry got it wrong.
You require that each record contains this pattern.
Simply squeeze in the -v with the grep.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

perform some checks on file using perl

hi i want check for PVCS header in file if its present then check if its in proper format or not i want to do this is in perl on windows. this is what i am doing : 1 . open file 2 . check for "PVCS information" if found then store the line no to $line var. 3 . check for "sccs" header ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zedex
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

health checks

Hello Anyone please help me with a health check script on HP-UX. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mahlathini
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

to perform checks line by line on a file

Hi, I have a file abc.txt with data like this 1 /test/ 2 /test/file.txt 3 /data/ 4 /data/file1.txt 5 /data/file2.txt I want to take out every path from the file and check if its a directory or file. I am trying it with cut with something like this but it doesnt work ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: muaz
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

speed test +20,000 file existance checks too slow

Need to make a very fast file existence checker. Passing in 20-50K num of files In the code below ${file} is a file with a listing of +20,000 files. test_speed is the script. I am commenting out the results of <time test_speed try>. The normal "test -f" is much much too slow when a system... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nullwhat
2 Replies

5. AIX

Pre-checks

AIX Guys!!! What pre-checks would you do on a 5.3 server before TL/SP/APAR installation? Bala (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Daily File Checks

Hello all, I'm sorry if this is answered elsewhere, I've used the search function and can't find the specifics of what I'm after. I am brand new to playing with linux, and ideally I want to get better to help the company that I now work for. What I want to do: Create a script that I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aussiemick
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Daily Checks

Hey Guys, I'm seeking some assistance in getting this script to run as a cron job for the user oracle.. the script is basically to perform 2 ADRCI checks... see the script below... i'm getting the following error: /export/home/oracle/Daily_Checks/ADRCI_Daily_Checks.sh: syntax error at line 16:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Racegod
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to do the following checks

Hi , I need a script for processing below scenario. I have to check daily by doing ftp IP to check it is logging or not. So i want this activity to be automated such that if login succesful i will get "FTP LOGIN SUCCESS" in a log file and if fails i want the error message in the same log... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sv0081493
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract timestamp from first record in xml file and it checks if not it will replace first record

I have test.xml <emp><id>101</id><name>AAA</name><date>06/06/14 1811</date></emp> <Join><id>101</id><city>london</city><date>06/06/14 2011</date></join> <Join><id>101</id><city>new york</city><date>06/06/14 1811</date></join> <Join><id>101</id><city>sydney</city><date>06/06/14... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsraju
2 Replies
BZGREP(1)						      General Commands Manual							 BZGREP(1)

NAME
bzgrep, bzfgrep, bzegrep - search possibly bzip2 compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
bzgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... bzegrep [ egrep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... bzfgrep [ fgrep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Bzgrep is used to invoke the grep on bzip2-compressed files. All options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If bzgrep is invoked as bzegrep or bzfgrep then egrep or fgrep is used instead of grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, bzgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. For example: for sh: GREP=fgrep bzgrep string files for csh: (setenv GREP fgrep; bzgrep string files) AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca). Adapted to bzip2 by Philippe Troin <phil@fifi.org> for Debian GNU/Linux. SEE ALSO
grep(1), egrep(1), fgrep(1), bzdiff(1), bzmore(1), bzless(1), bzip2(1) BZGREP(1)