Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming API C MYSQL vs lock table ??? Post 302224025 by JEscola on Tuesday 12th of August 2008 04:19:58 AM
Old 08-12-2008
Question API C MYSQL vs lock table ???

(sorry for my english)

Hi, i have an app that uses MYSQL API C.. i trying do a timeout until the table is locked by an other thread , in the docs of Mysql i can see that MYSQL_OPT_READ_TIMEOUT is not implemented for linux ¿?¿?.. any body knows a way to do a timeout until the table is locked by other process???

my process hang forever if the table is locked...:

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Sendmail & mail.local + MySQL API

I've searched this message board, and the newgroups THOROUGHLY, in search of any information towards implenting the MySQL API with C... I'm a "beginner" to the C language I suppose, and i've made a few functions in C that can be implemented into the source code of Sendmail/mail.local, so that any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: CGrusden19
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

MySql: create table error

Hi, iam learning MySql. Iam trieing to create a table in the database "guestbook" at the command line in mysql heres what i type but i get a error mysql>create table guestbook ->( -> name varchar(40) null. -> url varchar(40) null. -> comments ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: perleo
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help Inserting data in mysql table

Cant understand the error #!/bin/bash temp="" A="" D=$(date +"%Y-%m-%d") H=$(date +"%R") temp=$(wget -q -O - website | grep -o "Temperature:]**" | grep \-E -o "+") mysql -D "weather_wise" -e "INSERT INTO weather (Date, Hour, Degrees) VALUES ($D,$H, $temp)"; my data types for... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: vadharah
11 Replies

4. Programming

Man pages for C API for MySql

Hi, I am on Ubuntu 9.04 tweaking some programs demanding MySql queries. I got the program working by installing following package: sudo apt-get install libmysqlclient-dev and using proper include and library folder However I was unable to access any man pages for these C api's (Strangely... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dheerajsuthar
1 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

mysql table disappear

I have set a mysql file to excute everyday morning to generate a html file displayng 2 tables from the database. Sometime they cannot be shown, and it shows the tables are not existed. I have not drop any table, and those 2 tables are not used by any other excution. Anybody know what is happening?... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: c203040
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

MySQL is not running, but lock exists

# service mysql status MySQL is not running, but lock exists I deleted the lock using rm /var/lock/subsys/mysql still the problem persists. I tried using mysqld_safe, still the same issue. Unable to start mysql # mysqld_safe nohup: ignoring input and redirecting stderr to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiten.r.chauhan
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to lock Oracle table through UNIX?

Hi frndz, Can anyone provide me some input or pseudo code for my req as mentioned below... I am loading 2 files through unix script into oracle table...as i am doing some updates also i am getting an error where both files try to update the table simultaneously and my script fails.. so i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gnnsprapa
3 Replies
pthread_mutex_timedlock(3C)				   Standard C Library Functions 			       pthread_mutex_timedlock(3C)

NAME
pthread_mutex_timedlock, pthread_mutex_reltimedlock_np - lock a mutex SYNOPSIS
cc -mt [ flag... ] file... [ library... ] #include <pthread.h> #include <time.h> int pthread_mutex_timedlock(pthread_mutex_t *restrict mutex, const struct timespec *restrict abs_timeout); int pthread_mutex_reltimedlock_np(pthread_mutex_t *restrict mutex, const struct timespec *restrict rel_timeout); DESCRIPTION
The pthread_mutex_timedlock() function locks the mutex object referenced by mutex. If the mutex is already locked, the calling thread blocks until the mutex becomes available as in the pthread_mutex_lock(3C). If the mutex cannot be locked without waiting for another thread to unlock the mutex, this wait is terminated when the specified timeout expires. The pthread_mutex_reltimedlock_np() function is identical to the pthread_mutex_timedlock() function, except that the timeout is specified as a relative time interval. For pthread_mutex_timedlock(), the timeout expires when the absolute time specified by abs_timeout passes, as measured by the clock on which timeouts are based (that is, when the value of that clock equals or exceeds abs_timeout), or if the absolute time specified by abs_timeout has already been passed at the time of the call. For pthread_mutex_reltimedlock_np(), the timeout expires when the time interval specified by rel_timeout passes, as measured by the CLOCK_REALTIME clock, or if the time interval specified by rel_timeout is negative at the time of the call. The resolution of the timeout is the resolution of the CLOCK_REALTIME clock. The timespec data type is defined in the <time.h>header. Under no circumstance will either function fail with a timeout if the mutex can be locked immediately. The validity of the timeout parame- ter is not checked if the mutex can be locked immediately. As a consequence of the priority inheritance rules (for mutexes initialized with the PRIO_INHERIT protocol), if a timed mutex wait is ter- minated because its timeout expires, the priority of the owner of the mutex is adjusted as necessary to reflect the fact that this thread is no longer among the threads waiting for the mutex. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, the pthread_mutex_timedlock() and pthread_mutex_reltimedlock_np() functions return 0. Otherwise, an error num- ber is returned to indicate the error. ERRORS
The pthread_mutex_timedlock() and pthread_mutex_reltimedlock_np() functions will fail for the same reasons as pthread_mutex_lock(3C). In addition, they will fail if: EINVAL The caller would have blocked and the timeout parameter specified a nanoseconds field value less than zero or greater than or equal to 1,000 million. ETIMEDOUT The mutex could not be locked before the specified timeout expired. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |See below. | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ The pthread_mutex_timedlock() is Standard. The pthread_mutex_reltimedlock_np() function is Stable. SEE ALSO
time(2), pthread_mutex_destroy(3C), pthread_mutex_lock(3C), pthread_mutex_trylock(3C), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.11 5 Jun 2007 pthread_mutex_timedlock(3C)