Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Printing document from Unix
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Printing document from Unix Post 302224001 by anushree.a on Tuesday 12th of August 2008 02:32:07 AM
Old 08-12-2008
Ohk Era, didnt kno that this task is that complications. So how can i do now.. what ll the things i would need?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Printing Problems in unix ... ( Bar-cdoe - Ip Printing)

Hi guys ... i need ur help with some printing problem in unix ... first prob. : i wanna print from my NCR unix to an Win NT , Ip based printing server ( HP JetDirect ) . My issue , is it possible to print directly to an Ip address from unix ? How do i make it work to get any results ?... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: QuickSilver
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

UNIX System Admin Document

Hi all I am trying to document my entire system (hardware/software/admin) Is there a template I could use for the purpose. This document will be the used by all System admins/ Management the company when they want to find out anyting about any of the servers we manage. If there is no such... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: skotapal
6 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

freeware to document your IT infrastructure for unix

I just started using this good free software that lets you document your entire IT infrastructure. It's called Auditor Lite or Documentor for Unix and in my opinion it's the best software out there and the fact that it is free is even better. Just thought I would let you guys know if you want to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itguy321
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Operating Systems Information Document

Hi all, I prepared a document on UNIX OS. Its an humble attempt to share my knowledge. Please review the document attached and correct if any mistakes and any suggestions to make it more useful and any troubleshooting information if needed to add. Please help in making the document to add... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gurukottur
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modifying XML document with Unix Script

Hi, I have xml documents that I want to change a value in, I can do it using sed in a text document but not the xml document. I have read other posts that allow the change between tags but the part I wish to change is only a small part of data with the tags. e.g. <?xml version="1.0"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: heather.morton@
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

copy contents of unix file to Word document

Hello, I have a unix file about 3000lines which i want to copy from and paste it into a Word document. If i cat the file and try to scroll through it then not everything is captured so i am getting and incomplete paste. Any help is really appreciated. jak (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jakSun8
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sco Unix printing : jobs hangs in queue - printing via lp versus hpnpf

Hi, We have a Unix 3.2v5.0.5. I installed a printer via scoadmin, HP network printer manager with network peripheral name (hostname and ipadres are in /etc/hosts). This is the configuration file : Code: root@sco1 # cat configurationBanner: on:AlwaysContent types: simpleDevice:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: haezeban
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Printing a document in UNIX

Hi, I would like to know the command to print a document with portait option. Note : I used the below command, however I am not getting any output and it is blocking the printer queue. lp -d Dubprint -o portrait Adhoc_stmt Also, how can I see the default printer settings and how to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mr_manii
1 Replies
style(1)						      General Commands Manual							  style(1)

NAME
style - Analyzes surface characteristics of a document. SYNOPSIS
style [-ml] [-mm] [-a] [-e] [-l num] [-r num] [-p] [-P] file... OPTIONS
Displays all sentences with their length and readability index. Displays all sentences that begin with an expletive. Displays all sen- tences longer than num. Skips lists in the document. Overrides the default -ms macro package. Displays parts of speech of the words in the document. Displays all sentences that contain a passive verb. Displays all sentences whose readability index is greater than num. DESCRIPTION
The style command analyzes the surface characteristics of the writing style of a document. It reports on readability, sentence length and structure, word length and usage, verb type, and sentence openers. Because style runs deroff before looking at the text, formatting header files should be included as part of the input. The default macro package -ms may be overridden with the -mm option. The -ml option, which causes deroff to skip lists, should be used if the document contains many lists that contain non-sentences. Use the other options to locate sentences with certain characteristics. RESTRICTIONS
Use of non-standard formatting macros may cause incorrect sentence breaks. SEE ALSO
Commands: deroff(1), diction(1) style(1)