Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to execute a script hosted on a machine from a different machine Post 302223721 by zaxxon on Monday 11th of August 2008 08:46:37 AM
Old 08-11-2008
Better use ssh. Setup keys etc, execute the script from mc1 at mc2 like
Code:
mc1#     ssh mc2 "/path/to/your/script.sh >> /logs/script.out"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to execute a script on remote machine

hi unix guru's i am new to unix shell programming. i found a trouble in executing a script(bali.ksh) which is available on serverA with username xyza, this script contains sqlplus command to retrive the data from the database available on other serverC. Now i need to run the above script... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: balireddy_77
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change user on remote machine and execute script!

Hi, I need to login into remote server and execute a shell script over there. As of now i am making use of ssh command ssh primUser@135.254.242.2 sh /poll.sh I am logging in as primUser but unless i change the user to root the script execution on the remote machine is not possible. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: goutham4u
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

To execute the same script in another machine

We have a few machines which share the same directory. How can I execute the same script under that directory in different machine while I am using mine? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jiao
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute the same script on another machine

Recently, I need to generate a lot of files from a few master files. In fact, if I relogin to the server machine, my operating would be much faster. My question is this: Can I write a script in which the current path can be automatically saved and relogin to the server to execute my command in the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiao
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] how Execute a Perl Script from any location on the machine

hi guys, i have a query, i wrote a perl script that will collect cpu statistics Scripts/myScripts/ cpu.pl i want to make this file so that i can run it from any location on any drive, without giving the path explicitly. like $/home/ravi/perl cpu.pl i tried this... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: niteesh_!7
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to transfer files from unix machine to local machine using shell script?

Hi All.. Am new to Unix!! Am creating a shell script in which a scenario is like i have transfer the output file from unix machine (Server) to local directory (Windows xp). And also i have to transfer the input file from the local directory to Unix machine (Server) Any help from you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vidhyaS
1 Replies

7. IP Networking

Execute script located on a remote machine

So, is there way of automating this ? My ultimate goal is to run some cmd script in windows and it should connect to a remote unix host and run a script x.sh located on the remote unix host. I was wanting to achieve this by using WinSCP and Putty only. If possible let me know how and if not... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
25 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execute shell script in remote machine

Hi All, We have 2 servers A and B. B is having a sctipt called b.sh in path /home/dev/scripts. Now my requirement is i want to execute b.sh from server A. Kindly help me. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Girish19
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute shell script on remote machine

I want to execute a shell script(set of commands) on remote machine and that script takes input from text file(local machine). Please refer below: ssh user@hostname 'bash -s'< ./test.sh file.txt But i got the error file.txt doesn't exist. Can anyone help me on this. Content of test.sh: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manishtri88
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Remoute hosted UNIX/Linux Machine Free

Hi Comrades, I am interested if there is the global internet network I can find free access to the Linux or unix server to create the own account to have some practice. Thanks a lot for your advice and comments. BR, Dembi (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dembi
2 Replies
SSH-COPY-ID(1)						      General Commands Manual						    SSH-COPY-ID(1)

NAME
ssh-copy-id - install your public key in a remote machine's authorized_keys SYNOPSIS
ssh-copy-id [-i [identity_file]] [user@]machine DESCRIPTION
ssh-copy-id is a script that uses ssh to log into a remote machine and append the indicated identity file to that machine's ~/.ssh/autho- rized_keys file. If the -i option is given then the identity file (defaults to ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub) is used, regardless of whether there are any keys in your ssh-agent. Otherwise, if this: ssh-add -L provides any output, it uses that in preference to the identity file. If the -i option is used, or the ssh-add produced no output, then it uses the contents of the identity file. Once it has one or more fin- gerprints (by whatever means) it uses ssh to append them to ~/.ssh/authorized_keys on the remote machine (creating the file, and directory, if necessary.) NOTES
This program does not modify the permissions of any pre-existing files or directories. Therefore, if the remote sshd has StrictModes set in its configuration, then the user's home, ~/.ssh folder, and ~/.ssh/authorized_keys file may need to have group writability disabled manu- ally, e.g. via chmod go-w ~ ~/.ssh ~/.ssh/authorized_keys on the remote machine. SEE ALSO
ssh(1), ssh-agent(1), sshd(8) OpenSSH 14 November 1999 SSH-COPY-ID(1)