Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Coredumps and swap - was part of Solaris Mem Consumption Post 302223570 by rajwinder on Thursday 7th of August 2008 09:41:02 PM
Old 08-07-2008
here is the thing :

# prtmem - is a part of memtool and that is not recomended to run on prod i guess

#netstat -kp | grep pp_kernel
For me there is no option as - k in netstat on solaris 10

#mdb -k

I really dont have any idea about this dubugger but i will chk it out ..

Tell me this thoguh what sar -k shows in my case .. didnt that meant that kernel is using so much memory ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Reg: char ptr - Coredumps

#include <stdio.h> void main() { int Index=1; char *Type=NULL; Type = (char *)Index; printf("%s",Type); } Getting coredump (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaysabari
5 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris Mem Consumption

We have Sun OS running on spark : SunOS ciniwnpr67 5.10 Generic_118833-24 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V440 Having Physical RAM : Sol10box # prtconf | grep Mem Memory size: 8192 Megabytes My Top Output is : 130 processes: 129 sleeping, 1 on cpu CPU states: 98.8% idle, 0.2% user, 1.0%... (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajwinder
27 Replies

3. AIX

Zerofault terminates and coredumps - Segmentation fault

Hi, I am using zerofault in AIX to find memory leaks for my server. zf -c <forked-server> zf -l 30 <server> <arguments> Then after some (5 mins ) it terminates core dumping and saying server exited abnormally. I could not understand the core file generated: its something like show in below... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek.gkp
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 10 - Memory / Swap

Hi all Got myself in a pickle here, chasing my own tail and am confused. Im trying to work out memory / swap on my solaris 10 server, that Im using zones on. Server A has 32Gb of raw memory, ZFS across the root /mirror drives. # prtdiag -v | grep mem = Memory size: 32768 Megabytes #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sbk1972
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 10 SWAP SPACE

We have a SPARC system which is running on Solaris-9 and Physical memory size is 16GB.We have allocated 32GB SWAP space(2 times of physical memory).But when we use df -h command it shows following output and SWAP space size shows more than our allocated space # df -h Filesystem size used... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyberdemon
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Determining User Consumption in solaris

Inorder to find the user memory consumption I used the command: prstat -s cpu -a -n 10 But now I want to automate it and want to write the output to a file. How can I write the out put of user name and percentage of consumption alone to an output file.? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: engineer
2 Replies

7. Solaris

How to check power consumption of Solaris servers ?

hi friends, we are relocating our DC and need to plan out electrical power for the new DC. are there ways i could find the actual power consumption from my current servers ? instead of the product specs. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Exposure
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Problem with Swap consumption

Hi Experts, I have M4000 server with 132 GB Physical memory. 4 sparse zones are running under this server, which are running multiple applications. I am not getting any pointer, where swap space is getting consumed. Almost 97% of swap space is being used. I checked all /tmp (of zones as well),... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
7 Replies

9. Solaris

Swap Solaris 5.10

I have a customers that is getting grid alerts that swap is over 95% utilized. When I do swap -l on the machine I get the following results. $ swap -l swapfile dev swaplo blocks free /swap/swapfile - 16 6291440 6291440 /swap/swapfile2 - 16 8191984... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michael.McGraw
18 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris 10 swap device and filesystem

Hi all, Q1) Due to application requirement, i am required to have more swap space. Currently my swap is on a partition with 32GB. I have another partition with 100GB, but it already has a UFS filesystem on it. Can i just swap -d /dev/dsk/current32gb and swap -a /dev/dsk/ufs100gb ? Will... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
17 Replies
inet_type(4)							   File Formats 						      inet_type(4)

NAME
inet_type - default Internet protocol type SYNOPSIS
/etc/default/inet_type DESCRIPTION
The inet_type file defines the default IP protocol to use. Currently this file is only used by the ifconfig(1M) and netstat(1M) commands. The inet_type file can contain a number of <variable>=<value> lines. Currently, the only variable defined is DEFAULT_IP, which can be assigned a value of IP_VERSION4, IP_VERSION6, or BOTH. The output displayed by the ifconfig and netstat commands can be controlled by the value of DEFAULT_IP set in inet_type file. By default, both commands display the IPv4 and IPv6 information available on the system. The user can choose to suppress display of IPv6 information by setting the value of DEFAULT_IP. The following shows the possible values for DEFAULT_IP and the resulting ifconfig and netstat output that will be displayed: IP_VERSION4 Displays only IPv4 related information. The output displayed is backward compatible with older versions of the ifconfig(1M) and netstat(1M) commands. IP_VERSION6 Displays both IPv4 and IPv6 related information for ifconfig and netstat. BOTH Displays both IPv4 and IPv6 related information for ifconfig and netstat. The command-line options to the ifconfig and netstat commands override the effect of DEFAULT_IP as set in the inet_type file. For example, even if the value of DEFAULT_IP is IP_VERSION4, the command example% ifconfig -a6 will display all IPv6 interfaces. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Suppressing IPv6 Related Output This is what the inet_type file must contain if you want to suppress IPv6 related output: DEFAULT_IP=IP_VERSION4 SEE ALSO
ifconfig(1M), netstat(1M) SunOS 5.10 16 Jun 1999 inet_type(4)