Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ftp and ssh weirdness
Special Forums IP Networking ftp and ssh weirdness Post 302223414 by darkmatter14B on Sunday 10th of August 2008 02:16:07 AM
Old 08-10-2008
Solved!!!

I found that both of these two settings had to be made to my router's config: Enable Wireless QOS under Applications & Gaming/QOS, and Disable Upnp under Administration/Management (the answer to "Why?" would only be a guess).

Now it works.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cygwin bash startup command weirdness (part 1)

I am running (I believe) the latest stable version of cygwin CYGWIN_NT-5.1 1.5.24(0.156/4/2) 2007-01-31 10:57 i686 Cygwin on a win xp sp2 laptop. Suppose, to make things simple for now (but I may do a part 2 posting...), that I am in a dos shell, and I want to create a bash shell and have it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fabulous2
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSH FTP Issue

Hi, I have a ftp script which is supposed to ftp to different servers in the same environment and get request logs from a path. But when I run the script I get the following errors, 1142INPUT_WBS/1142INPUT_WBS ftp: 1142INPUT_WBS.sbc.com: unknown host Not. Not connected. local:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: crosairs
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Re:Enabling ftp,ssh in solaries 8

Hi all , can any one tell me how to enable ftp/ssh services in solarie 8 machine. if this services cannot be enabled on solarie 8 machine can you kindly suggest any other alternative. Thanks venky (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venky_vemuri
1 Replies

4. Solaris

SSH weirdness

I've configured a new container/zone on Solaris 10 (Sparc) and I'm using Centrify for LDAP authentication to AD. My ssh client is as follows Sun_SSH_1.1.1, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL 0x0090704f I'm seeing some strange behavior from ssh. When I ssh onto the new zone to myself (non-root... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: CDM
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

FTP to another server using SSH

Hi, One of our server running on ssh.So when we are logging using putty,we used to select ssh option and provide the auth key.But if I am ftping some files to this ssh server from another linux server,how I can do that? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sureshbabuc
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

gedit newline weirdness

I have this file cd /media/AUDIO/WAVE/9780743561181 ~/Desktop/mp3-to-m4b 9780743561181-UNLEASHING THE IDEA VIRUS "UNLEASHING THE IDEA VIRUS" "GODIN, SETH" 2006 n cd /media/AUDIO/WAVE/9780743561204 ~/Desktop/mp3-to-m4b 9780743561204-STALIN'S GHOST "STALIN'S GHOST" "SMITH, MARTIN" 2007 n cd... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: glev2005
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

File path weirdness

I want to be able to drag and drop a file into a script in the terminal but it doesn't like the /home/user prefix. How do I get around this? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pluto7777
8 Replies

8. Solaris

Zpool device weirdness

Weird duplicate device in one of my nested raidz1s - device is shown as both online and unavailable, with a hot spare showing up as degraded as well. Any thoughts on how I should proceed? root@storage# zpool status tank pool: tank state: DEGRADED status: One or more devices are... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: DoohanMcGirk
6 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 11 sysconfig and zones weirdness

when I create a new zone either via zfs export template or installing the OS from the .iso I get a weird problem. once I create the zone and login for the first time to the console I get the sysconfig menu. I do the config setup and exit the zone boots normally. The next time I reboot, I have to do... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: os2mac
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Joining 3 line weirdness

Hi all you Unix/Linux gurus, So, I have something strage going on and need a sanity check... I have 2 files that both contain 3 lines of text... File1 - called t: CN66270E90 94:57:a5:d3:db:aa 94:57:a5:d3:db:ab File2 - called tt: hostname 5.7.2.7 72:8C:36:3B:5A:17 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joeg1484
2 Replies
SSH-COPY-ID(1)						      General Commands Manual						    SSH-COPY-ID(1)

NAME
ssh-copy-id - install your public key in a remote machine's authorized_keys SYNOPSIS
ssh-copy-id [-i [identity_file]] [user@]machine DESCRIPTION
ssh-copy-id is a script that uses ssh to log into a remote machine and append the indicated identity file to that machine's ~/.ssh/autho- rized_keys file. If the -i option is given then the identity file (defaults to ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub) is used, regardless of whether there are any keys in your ssh-agent. Otherwise, if this: ssh-add -L provides any output, it uses that in preference to the identity file. If the -i option is used, or the ssh-add produced no output, then it uses the contents of the identity file. Once it has one or more fin- gerprints (by whatever means) it uses ssh to append them to ~/.ssh/authorized_keys on the remote machine (creating the file, and directory, if necessary.) NOTES
This program does not modify the permissions of any pre-existing files or directories. Therefore, if the remote sshd has StrictModes set in its configuration, then the user's home, ~/.ssh folder, and ~/.ssh/authorized_keys file may need to have group writability disabled manu- ally, e.g. via chmod go-w ~ ~/.ssh ~/.ssh/authorized_keys on the remote machine. SEE ALSO
ssh(1), ssh-agent(1), sshd(8) OpenSSH 14 November 1999 SSH-COPY-ID(1)