Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Using Xorg t extend laptop screen to external monitor Post 302223039 by p50p100 on Friday 8th of August 2008 07:48:46 AM
Old 08-08-2008
I have same experience, too.

I'm not sure. That is meaning that there is no font file.

Firstly, you look for X system installed directory.

Secondaly you'll see next file.

Quote:
/Xsystemdir/lib/X11/fonts/misc/fonts.alias
You'll look at this line which starts with "fixed" in the file.

Quote:
fixed -misc-fixed-medium-r-semicondensed--13-120-75-75-c-60-iso8859-1
Maybe default font is "fixed" and that file is not found.

I copied the font file from another system.

And I succeeded. but this is the story I made LFS.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

Can you use a gps touch screen for a monitor?

I have been looking for a monitor wich i can hold in my hands comfortably and just sit back and relax with it doing my computer work on it via touch screen. Is it possible since the gps has usb to control my pc wich it? and view my desktop? If not does anyone know of a monitor that would work. Im... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: FaoX666
3 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

cygwin-x/can't install xorg-x11-f100 & xorg-x11-fnts

Hello All. Really a newbie to Linux/Unix. Trying to get into Linux. Using XP PE currently. Installed cygwin and trying to intall cygwin-x. Everything else is setup nice but i can't seem to install these two packages (without whom xwin won't start) 1. xorg-x11-f100 2. xorg-x11-fnts Tried the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: binodbdrchand
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitor Port, if active, pipe command to screen

I am a linux newbie and I am learning. I need a script that will monitor a port and if active -- only active, not listening or waiting -- then pipe some commands to the screen as if they were typed on the keyboard. Can a bash or perl script do this and if so, could someone help me out? Thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bulgin
0 Replies

4. Hardware

get touch screen driver for Dell ST222OT Monitor

Hi We're looking for linux touch screen module (driver) for Dell ST222OT Monitor. BTW Has someone already tried to use this monitor under linux and the touch screen works? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use “tail -f” to monitor and report, but the top line should be always fixed on the screen.

Title: Use “tail -f” to monitor and report, but the top line should be always fixed on the screen. Hi, dear Unix experts, I am trying to find a Unix command (or scripting) on how to continuously display a text file of its last several lines of contents. But during this displaying, I want some... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: df3c
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

Screen Resolution on External Monitor from RHEL 6.3

Hey everyone, I have a KVM or External monitor (19" Dell) that I am trying to hook up to a laptop running RHEL 6.3 (via VGA which is the only option). When I connect it, and go to System->Preferences->Display, the max resolution option it provides me for these external devices is 1280x1024. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rchaud10
2 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

Ability to use vSphere client to monitor guest VMs on my laptop

Hi guys. I'm a newbie to VMs. What I want to achieve is that I create VMs on my laptop that I can monitor and access using vSphere client. I am using an Acer laptop with intel processor. Which hypervisor will i need ? How do I need to install it ? Is these any free solution ? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Cant log in from external monitor on laptop with broken screen.

Hello. I am installing Kali Linux on a laptop with no monitor. The installation goes fine through the external monitor and I can see the GRUB menu on boot, but once it comes time to log in it acts like my non existant laptop screen is my main monitor to type my login info on while my external is... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: debpleb293
14 Replies
glutBitmapCharacter(3GLUT)					       GLUT						glutBitmapCharacter(3GLUT)

NAME
glutBitmapCharacter - renders a bitmap character using OpenGL. SYNTAX
#include <GLUT/glut.h> void glutBitmapCharacter(void *font, int character); ARGUMENTS
font Bitmap font to use. character Character to render (not confined to 8 bits). DESCRIPTION
Without using any display lists, glutBitmapCharacter renders the character in the named bitmap font. The available fonts are: GLUT_BITMAP_8_BY_13 A fixed width font with every character fitting in an 8 by 13 pixel rectangle. The exact bitmaps to be used is defined by the stan- dard X glyph bitmaps for the X font named: -misc-fixed-medium-r-normal--13-120-75-75-C-80-iso8859-1 GLUT_BITMAP_9_BY_15 A fixed width font with every character fitting in an 9 by 15 pixel rectangle. The exact bitmaps to be used is defined by the stan- dard X glyph bitmaps for the X font named: -misc-fixed-medium-r-normal--15-140-75-75-C-90-iso8859-1 GLUT_BITMAP_TIMES_ROMAN_10 A 10-point proportional spaced Times Roman font. The exact bitmaps to be used is defined by the standard X glyph bitmaps for the X font named: -adobe-times-medium-r-normal--10-100-75-75-p-54-iso8859-1 GLUT_BITMAP_TIMES_ROMAN_24 A 24-point proportional spaced Times Roman font. The exact bitmaps to be used is defined by the standard X glyph bitmaps for the X font named: -adobe-times-medium-r-normal--24-240-75-75-p-124-iso8859-1 GLUT_BITMAP_HELVETICA_10 A 10-point proportional spaced Helvetica font. The exact bitmaps to be used is defined by the standard X glyph bitmaps for the X font named: -adobe-helvetica-medium-r-normal--10-100-75-75-p-56-iso8859-1 GLUT_BITMAP_HELVETICA_12 A 12-point proportional spaced Helvetica font. The exact bitmaps to be used is defined by the standard X glyph bitmaps for the X font named: -adobe-helvetica-medium-r-normal--12-120-75-75-p-67-iso8859-1 GLUT_BITMAP_HELVETICA_18 A 18-point proportional spaced Helvetica font. The exact bitmaps to be used is defined by the standard X glyph bitmaps for the X font named: -adobe-helvetica-medium-r-normal--18-180-75-75-p-98-iso8859-1 Rendering a nonexistent character has no effect. glutBitmapCharacter automatically sets the OpenGL unpack pixel storage modes it needs appropriately and saves and restores the previous modes before returning. The generated call to glBitmap will adjust the current raster position based on the width of the character. EXAMPLE
Here is a routine that shows how to render a string of ASCII text with glutBitmapCharacter: void output(int x, int y, char *string) { int len, i; glRasterPos2f(x, y); len = (int) strlen(string); for (i = 0; i < len; i++) { glutBitmapCharacter(GLUT_BITMAP_HELVETICA_18, string[i]); } } SEE ALSO
glutBitmapWidth, glutStrokeCharacter AUTHOR
Mark J. Kilgard (mjk@nvidia.com) GLUT
3.7 glutBitmapCharacter(3GLUT)