Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Creating an image of a mirrored disks Post 302222880 by tlee on Thursday 7th of August 2008 09:05:59 PM
Old 08-07-2008
Thanks Mate.

Unfortunately, i only understand half of what you said.

If you can, can you provide the acroymn and step by step on how to do this for both create and restore mirrored images.

Thank you much appreicated !!!!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

checking to see if logical disks are mirrored.

I have AIX 5.1 I ran these commands and was not able to see what disk were mirrored to what. I thought this is what I should do? lslv -m rd |more lslv -m db |more I get a error stating that it can't find or in the device configuation databse. Is there another way to look? I have a physcal... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rocker40
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating create mirrored disk files systems using mkfs command

What is the correct mkfs syntax to create mirrored disk files systems? I need to make the file system 20gb. For example: machine# mkfs -F ufs /dev/md/dsk/d40 size not specified ufs usage: mkfs special size(sectors) \ -m : dump fs cmd line used to make this partition -V : print this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: GLJ@USC
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Backup for HW Mirrored Disks

We use SW mirroring (RAID1) using SVM for our SUN servers (which we OEM to end clients with our application on). When I need to make a tape backup for the server (disk), I disable mirroring and perform backup of the entire disk to tape using ufsdump. This process requires an outage and sensitive as... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: StarSol
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to create multiple-boot system with disks mirrored(RAID1+0) and disk alone

I have a HP proliant ML 570 G3 with two 146GB disk drives mirrored(RAID1+0) windows server 2003 was installed on that disk. I will add a disk.(scsi 300GB) I will install Linux on that additional disk. I want to create multiple-boot system. Is it possible? I wanna know how to create... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lifegeek
0 Replies

5. HP-UX

[Solved] How to determine that you have 2 disks mirrored ?

hi every body i want to know which command tell me more detailes to know the 2 disks mirrored or not ? in group like vg00 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxim42
5 Replies

6. HP-UX

To identify if local disks are mirrored

Hello All, Am trynig to identify if the local HD's on our BL860 (running 11v3) are indeed mirrored to each other. Cheers, Cameron (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cameron
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Are my disks mirrored ?

# metastat d1: Mirror Submirror 0: d11 State: Okay Submirror 1: d12 State: Okay Pass: 1 Read option: roundrobin (default) Write option: parallel (default) Size: 14582208 blocks (7.0 GB) d11: Submirror of d1 State: Okay Size: 14582208 blocks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Exposure
2 Replies

8. Fedora

Creating Windows 7 image to run in VirtualBox

Hey guys, Not sure if this is the best place for this question, but, after using Fedora now for about a year, I'm still getting used to it but I'm using it practically all the time now and instead of having a dual boot with Windows 7, I want to create an image of my Windows 7 installation,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimbob01
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Creating multipath device with FC Disks

Hello, I am trying to setup a storage server with salvaged equipments: QSSC-S4R server, with QLogic 2562 FC HBA's Clariion KTN-STL4 4GB FC Enclosures Disks Salvaged from EMC Vmax Disks are 520B sector size so i converted to 512B in linux environment and create multipath successfully. But... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amd103
4 Replies
GNOME-DISKS(1)							gnome-disk-utility						    GNOME-DISKS(1)

NAME
gnome-disks - the GNOME Disks application SYNOPSIS
gnome-disks [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
gnome-disks is the command to launch the GNOME Disks application. Disks provides a way to inspect, format, partition and configure disks and block devices. The Disks application is single-instance. What this means is that if the application is not already running when the gnome-disks command is invoked, it will get launched and the command invocation will block until the application exits. Otherwise the existing application instance will be used and the gnome-disks command will exit immediately. OPTIONS
The following options are understood: --block-device DEVICE Switches to the Disks application and selects the block device given by DEVICE (for example, /dev/sda). --block-device DEVICE --format-device [--xid WINDOW-ID] Shows the "Format Volume" dialog for the block device given by DEVICE (for example, /dev/sdb1). If WINDOW-ID is given, makes the dialog transient to the given XID. --help Prints a short help text and exits. AUTHOR
Written by David Zeuthen <zeuthen@gmail.com> with a lot of help from many others. BUGS
Please send bug reports to either the distribution bug tracker or the upstream bug tracker at https://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=gnome-disk-utility. SEE ALSO
gnome-disk-image-mounter(1), udisks(8) GNOME
March 2013 GNOME-DISKS(1)