Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Guidance needed for quick script Post 302222842 by jim mcnamara on Thursday 7th of August 2008 03:47:52 PM
Old 08-07-2008
Show us sample log entries so we can get the time check for you.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

IP Address changes - Quick Help Needed.

We are running Solaris 9 and I have changed the IP address, Subnet Mask & Broadcast Address using ifconfig and have also changed the default gateway. How do I save these changes as I have bounced the box and it reverted back to the old IP Address settings. I am really new to UNIX and we... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gingerd2003
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Quick help needed in the Shell Script

Hiii, i have a doubt here-- I have to take backup of all the files inside directory dir(logs,tmp,corefiles) at the location $BackupLocation.i should take the backup of logs,tmp,corefiles inside the $BackupLocation directory and then remove the files and touch the files inside the directory... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

A little guidance needed :)

Hi guys, I'm learning the ropes of BASH and am doing a few exercises to see if its sinking in but have gotten stuck on something I KNOW is looking at me right in the face but just isn't registering. I'm creating a script that needs to get specific strings from a line. So using the "ls -l... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: shadow0001
9 Replies

4. HP-UX

HP-UX 10.20 fbackup? restore help/guidance needed

Hello, We've recently had a multiple hardrive failure in our legacy HP9000. Now the drives are repaired and the filesystems are recreated, I went to restore the last of the database tables from our dds3 backup, but cannot. Here's what's going on: BTW, I'm an absolute novice w/ HP-UX The... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jastuart
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Notepad help needed easy quick question

TAKE A LOOK AT THE ATTACHED PICTURE. my goal is just to SELECT n DELETE Those lines : Dialogue: Marked=0,0:02:39.49,0:02:40.49,Default,NTP,0000,00 00,0000,!Effect, (without the text) take a look at that picture... the marked line... i just need ALL of these lines removed.. i managed... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_spidey
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Quick Favour needed

Hi there, i currently dont have access to my linux machine and need to get these script files sent to someone. Can someone please create .sh files for me with the code that i have displayed below. It would be very very helpfull. There are 3 different scripts and it would be great if someone... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aLderzz
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Quick help on 'awk' needed...!!

bash-2.05$ A=`cat /etc/group |awk -F':' '{if ($1$3$4 ==... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ak835
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

korn shell script guidance

Please look over my short comings during this line if questions. I have multiple lines in a file that look like, phycook 618722 1 76 12:15:13 pts/122 70:24 /4js/runtime2.02.10/lib/fglrun-bin initmenu.42r phycook 593484 1 65 12:15:18 pts/122 69:22... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: juredd1
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Guidance needed for a typical shell script with sql query

Hi , I have a txt file with contents like: 1234 2345 3456 7891 I need to write a script which takes input file as txt file..run a sql query for that number and place the output of query in another file.. select * from bus_event where acct_nbr='1234'( from input txt file) the query... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajesh Putnala
20 Replies
pulse-cli-syntax(5)						File Formats Manual					       pulse-cli-syntax(5)

NAME
pulse-cli-syntax - PulseAudio Command Line Interface Syntax SYNOPSIS
~/.config/pulse/default.pa /etc/pulse/default.pa /etc/pulse/system.pa DESCRIPTION
PulseAudio provides a simple command line language used by configuration scripts and the pacmd interactive shell, and the modules module- cli and module-cli-protocol-{unix,tcp}. Empty lines and lines beginning with a hashmark (#) are silently ignored. Several commands are sup- ported. Note that any boolean arguments can be given positively as '1', 'on' or any word starting with the letters 't' or 'y'. Likewise, negative values can be given as '0', 'off' or any word starting with the letters 'f' or 'n'. Case is ignored. GENERAL COMMANDS
help Show a quick help on the commands available. STATUS_COMMANDS list-modules Show all currently loaded modules with their arguments. list-cards Show all currently registered cards list-sinks or list-sources Show all currently registered sinks (resp. sources). list-clients Show all currently active clients. list-sink-inputs or list-source-outputs Show all currently active inputs to sinks a.k.a. playback streams (resp. outputs of sources a.k.a. recording streams). stat Show some simple statistics about the allocated memory blocks and the space used by them. info or ls or list A combination of all status commands described above (all three commands are synonyms). MODULE MANAGEMENT
load-module name [arguments...] Load a module specified by its name and arguments. For most modules it is OK to be loaded more than once. unload-module index Unload a module specified by its index in the module list as returned by list-modules. describe-module name Give information about a module specified by its name. VOLUME COMMANDS
set-sink-volume|set-source-volume index|name volume Set the volume of the specified sink (resp. source). You may specify the sink (resp. source) either by its index in the sink/source list or by its name. The volume should be an integer value greater or equal than 0 (muted). Volume 65536 (0x10000) is 'normal' vol- ume a.k.a. 100%. Values greater than this amplify the audio signal (with clipping). set-sink-mute|set-source-mute index|name boolean Mute or unmute the specified sink (resp. source). You may specify the sink (resp. source) either by its index or by its name. The mute value is either 0 (not muted) or 1 (muted). set-sink-input-volume|set-source-output-volume index volume Set the volume of a sink input (resp. source output) specified by its index. The same volume rules apply as with set-sink-volume. set-sink-input-mute|set-source-output-mute index boolean Mute or unmute a sink input (resp. source output) specified by its index. The same mute rules apply as with set-sink-mute. CONFIGURATION COMMANDS
set-default-sink|set-default-source index|name Make a sink (resp. source) the default. You may specify the sink (resp. source) by its index in the sink (resp. source) list or by its name. Note that defaults may be overridden by various policy modules or by specific stream configurations. set-card-profile index|name profile-name Change the profile of a card. set-sink-port|set-source-port index|name port-name Change the profile of a sink (resp. source). set-port-latency-offset card-index|card-name port-name offset Change the latency offset of a port belonging to the specified card suspend-sink|suspend-source index|name boolean Suspend (i.e. disconnect from the underlying hardware) a sink (resp. source). suspend boolean Suspend all sinks and sources. MOVING STREAMS
move-sink-input|move-source-output index sink-index|sink-name Move sink input (resp. source output) to another sink (resp. source). PROPERTY LISTS
update-sink-proplist|update-source-proplist index|name properties Update the properties of a sink (resp. source) specified by name or index. The property is specified as e.g. device.description="My Preferred Name" update-sink-input-proplist|update-source-output-proplist index properties Update the properties of a sink input (resp. source output) specified by index. The properties are specified as above. SAMPLE CACHE
list-samples Lists the contents of the sample cache. play-sample name sink-index|sink-name Play a sample cache entry to a sink. remove-sample name Remove an entry from the sample cache. load-sample name filename Load an audio file to the sample cache. load-sample-lazy name filename Create a new entry in the sample cache, but don't load the sample immediately. The sample is loaded only when it is first used. After a certain idle time it is freed again. load-sample-dir-lazy path Load all entries in the specified directory into the sample cache as lazy entries. A shell globbing expression (e.g. *.wav) may be appended to the path of the directory to add. KILLING CLIENTS
/STREAMS kill-client index Remove a client forcibly from the server. There is no protection against the client reconnecting immediately. kill-sink-input|kill-source-output index Remove a sink input (resp. source output) forcibly from the server. This will not remove the owning client or any other streams opened by the same client from the server. LOG COMMANDS
set-log-level numeric-level Change the log level. set-log-meta boolean Show source code location in log messages. set-log-target target Change the log target (null, auto, syslog, stderr, file:PATH). set-log-time boolean Show timestamps in log messages. set-log-backtrace num-frames Show backtrace in log messages. MISCELLANEOUS COMMANDS
play-file filename sink-index|sink-name Play an audio file to a sink. dump Dump the daemon's current configuration in CLI commands. dump-volumes Debug: Shows the current state of all volumes. shared Debug: Show shared properties. exit Terminate the daemon. If you want to terminate a CLI connection ("log out") you might want to use ctrl+d META COMMANDS
In addition the the commands described above there a few meta directives supported by the command line interpreter. .include filename|folder Executes the commands from the specified script file or in all of the *.pa file within the folder. .fail and .nofail Enable (resp. disable) that following failing commands will cancel the execution of the current script file. This is a ignored when used on the interactive command line. .verbose and .noverbose Enable (resp. disable) extra verbosity. AUTHORS
The PulseAudio Developers <pulseaudio-discuss (at) lists (dot) freedesktop (dot) org>; PulseAudio is available from http://pulseaudio.org/ SEE ALSO
default.pa(5), pacmd(1), pulseaudio(1) Manuals User pulse-cli-syntax(5)