Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AT job (URGENT)
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting AT job (URGENT) Post 302222634 by buffoonix on Thursday 7th of August 2008 08:14:28 AM
Old 08-07-2008
I'd agree with era.
Your date calculations are redundant.
Almost any at should understand expressions like
Code:
echo "evolve.sh ${OLDOFFICE} ${NEWOFFICE} > /mts/common/load/bin/EV/${OUT} 2>&1" | at now +2 minutes

Of course, this would require that the dir where script evolve.sh resides
was in your $PATH, and that $OLDOFFICE, $NEWOFFICE and $OLD were set
when you fired the at job.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

killing unix job after the job process completes

Hi, Thanks in advance. i need to kill a unix background running job after that job process completes. i can kill a job by giving the following unix command kill -9 processid how to kill the job after the current process run gets completed ? Appreciate your valuable help. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dtazv
1 Replies

2. Solaris

killing a unix job after the job process gets completed

Hi, Thanks in advance. i need to kill a unix background running job after that job process completes. i can kill a job by giving the following unix command kill -9 processid how to kill the job after the current process run gets completed ? Appreciate your valuable help. Thanks... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dtazv
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Schedule job using cron(URGENT)

Hello All, I m newbie to Job scheduling. Suppose i have 2 files s1.sh and s2.sh i want to make a schedule such as run s1.sh at 2AM everyday and run s2.sh 9Pm everyday. Can anyone tell me how to schdule that using CRON and i want to know what is CRON and CRONTAB. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi.sadani19
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

URGENT,URGENT- Need help tape drive installation

Hi, I am trying to attach tape drive to sun V890 running Solaris 9 on it. I have installed HBA(qlogic) in slot 1 of 0-8 slots and booted the system. I do not see HBAin prtdiag output. The tape drive is not attached to HBA. The tape drive I am going to attach is Sony AIT3. 1.How can I make... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriny
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

URGENT: cron job not running the sqlplus command in shell script

cron job not running the sqlplus command in shell script but the shell script works fine from command line.. Cronjob: 5 * * * * /home/dreg/script.sh script.sh: #!/bin/ksh /oracle/u000/app/oracle/product/10204/GEN/bin/sqlplus -s <user>/<pass>@<sid/home/dreg/sqlscript.sh ... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ikea
18 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cron job problem(urgent)

Hey all. Im totally new with makeing websites ect The thing is, i wanted to make one of those pimp games, so i installed a script called mypimpscript.. it works but the 10mins cron jobs dont... ive tried to set it up in cpanel, but im doing it wrong :S right now it looks like this php... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: princess
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Start a Job after finding the Old job completed

Hi Experts, I need a script advice to schedule 12 jobs ( SAS Codes execute back ground ). Algorithem: 1. Script checks first job. 2. Finds first job is done; invoke second job. 3. finds second job is done; invoke third job. .. Request you to please assist. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jerald Nathan
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

URGENT Reading a file and assessing the syntax shell script URGENT

I am trying to write a shell script which takes an input file as an arguement in the terminal e.g. bash shellscriptname.sh input.txt. I would like for the file to be read line by line each time checking if the .txt file contains certain words or letters(validating the syntax). If the line being... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gurdza32
1 Replies
nqs2pbs(1B)								PBS							       nqs2pbs(1B)

NAME
nqs2pbs - convert NQS job scripts to PBS SYNOPSIS
nqs2pbs nqs_script [pbs_script] DESCRIPTION
This utility converts a existing NQS job script to work with PBS and NQS. The existing script is copied and PBS directives, #PBS , are inserted prior to each NQS directive #QSUB or #@$ , in the original script. Certain NQS date specification and options are not supported by PBS. A warning message will be displayed indicating the problem and the line of the script on which it occurred. If any unrecognizable NQS directives are encountered, an error message is displayed. The new PBS script will be deleted if any errors occur. OPERANDS
nqs_script Specifies the file name of the NQS script to convert. This file is not changed. pbs_script If specified, it is the name of the new PBS script. If not specified, the new file name is nqs_script.new . NOTES
Converting NQS date specifications to the PBS form may result in a warning message and an incompleted converted date. PBS does not support date specifications of "today", "tomorrow", or the name of the days of the week such as "Monday". If any of these are encountered in a script, the PBS specification will contain only the time portion of the NQS specification, i.e. #PBS -a hhmm[.ss]. It is suggested that you specify the execution time on the qsub command line rather than in the script. Note that PBS will interpret a time specification without a date in the following way: - If the time specified has not yet been reached, the job will become eligible to run at that time today. - If the specified time has already passed when the job is submitted, the job will become eligible to run at that time tomorrow. PBS does not support time zone identifiers. All times are taken as local time. SEE ALSO
qsub(1B) Local nqs2pbs(1B)