Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: to identify failed pv
Operating Systems AIX to identify failed pv Post 302222512 by sindhiya on Thursday 7th of August 2008 01:35:22 AM
Old 08-07-2008
to identify failed pv

Hi friends,....
am sindhiya,
i have joined as AIX level 1 support.
help me to identify the failed pv in vg which has some 4 physical volumes?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

identify hardware

Does anyone know a good script/tool for remote identification of hardware on a linux-based system (RH9/NLD) ? I'd like to know all the specifics like amount of memory, motherboard vendor, chipset and so on.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrickb
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

identify function

Does anyone know a shell command that identifies the functions from a C file? Thank you (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: xinfinity
7 Replies

3. AIX

SFTP Failed---Request for subsystem 'sftp' failed on channel 0

Hi, While I am trying SFTP my machine to another unix machine , it was working fine till 10 min back. But now i am getting the below error "Request for subsystem 'sftp' failed on channel 0" Could you please someone help me to solve or analyise the root cause... Cheers:b:, Mahiban (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahiban
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to identify files

Hi, I have one problem. I want to identify all those files which are named according to the format <name>_<date>. I have tried using awk and grep in bash but i m not able to get it correct. Can someone please help? It's urgent !! (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: udayan_goswami
10 Replies

5. AIX

Help about identify the SP of my OS (Aix5.3)

Hi, I need to know how can I identify, wich SP is installed in my OS (AIX5.3)? and how can I upgrade it? thanks a lot, (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: fdeivis
7 Replies

6. Solaris

Cygwin X Server error: xdmcp fatal error session failed session 23 failed for display

Hi, i got the following error when i tried to access the cygwin x server from a windows XP PC. "xdmcp fatal error session failed session 23 failed for display" Alternatively, when i tried to access the same Cygwin X Server from another windows XP PC which is on a different LAN... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: HarishKumarM
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identify script please!

Have a script that I'm trying to adapt for something else, but I do not understand the following lines. Can anyone help? I know what expr does, `expr 8 + 2`, but: FILENAME=`expr //$FILE : '.*/\(.*\)'` UNPACKDIR=`echo $FILE | sed -e s/$FILENAME//g` Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bound4h
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Identify failed disk in Linux RAID

Good Evening, 2 years ago, I set up an Ubuntu file-server for a friend, who is a photograph amateur. Basically, the server offers a software RAID-5 that can be accessed remotely from a MAC. Unfortunately, I didn't labeled the hard drives (i.e. which physical drive corresponds to the /dev/sdX... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Loic Domaigne
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identify failed file transfers during SFTP

Hi All, I have a pretty demanding requirement for an SFTP script I have been trying to put together. I have nearly 100 files (all with the names staring with T_PROD) generated in my local server daily. I need to transfer each of these files to a remote server via SFTP (that's a client... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aviktheory11
6 Replies

10. Solaris

Failed to identify flash rom on Sunfire V240 running Solaris 10

Hi Guys, I have performed OBP & ALOM upgrade on V240 system. One of my system, running Solaris 10, having issue to identify flash rom during ALOM 1.6.10 version upgrade (OBP upgraded to latest one). May I know what the reason of this error and how can I fix it so I can upgrade ALOM using... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: myrpthidesis
0 Replies
VGREDUCE(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       VGREDUCE(8)

NAME
vgreduce - reduce a volume group SYNOPSIS
vgreduce [-a|--all] [-A|--autobackup y|n] [-d|--debug] [-h|-?|--help] [--removemissing] [-t|--test] [-v|--verbose] VolumeGroupName [Physi- calVolumePath...] DESCRIPTION
vgreduce allows you to remove one or more unused physical volumes from a volume group. OPTIONS
See lvm for common options. -a, --all Removes all empty physical volumes if none are given on command line. --removemissing Removes all missing physical volumes from the volume group, if there are no logical volumes allocated on those. This resumes normal operation of the volume group (new logical volumes may again be created, changed and so on). If this is not possible (there are logical volumes referencing the missing physical volumes) and you cannot or do not want to remove them manually, you can run this option with --force to have vgreduce remove any partial LVs. Any logical volumes and dependent snapshots that were partly on the missing disks get removed completely. This includes those parts that lie on disks that are still present. If your logical volumes spanned several disks including the ones that are lost, you might want to try to salvage data first by acti- vating your logical volumes with --partial as described in lvm (8). SEE ALSO
lvm(8), vgextend(8) Sistina Software UK LVM TOOLS 2.02.95(2) (2012-03-06) VGREDUCE(8)