Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Edit entry if not equal
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Edit entry if not equal Post 302222448 by cfajohnson on Wednesday 6th of August 2008 11:12:56 PM
Old 08-07-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshinhimura
sed: 0602-404 Function s/^banner .*/banner cannot be parsed. thanks for the effort but error,

Sorry; typo:

Code:
{
 read
 read banner num
} < masterlist
sed "s/^banner .*/banner $num/" ll.conf

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX and Linux Applications

Edit/update an /etc/group database entry (c/c++)

Hello I'm writing a program for managing accounts and groups in a linux system. My problem is how to update the members of a group in the /etc/group file,if i have to add/remove those members. total 3 variables for adding some new members to the group : char **oldmembers=grp->gr_mem; ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mekos
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to edit file and delete entry

Can anyone provide me a shell script to edit a xml file and delete one entry. To do manually i can edit(vi editor) the file and 'dd' will delete the file.But I wiluld to know if I can do with a script. Thanks in advance Tannu (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tannu
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

while [ $x -ge 50 ] + and equal to zero ; then

while + and equal to zero ; then what to punt instead of phrase and equal to zero. it's bash thank you in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: losh
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Edit date entry inside a file

Hi All, I wanted to edit the date value located at /var/opt/CPsuite-R65/fw1/conf/local.scv. The date entry looks like this : :Signature (">=20100717") How can I update the date value by 1 day every other day while preserving the margins of the whole file in a shell script? I have... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: achillesxv
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to edit file to have one line entry?

Hello All, My file content is: DROP TABLE "FACT_WORLD"; CREATE TABLE "FACT_WORLD" ( "AR_ID" INTEGER NOT NULL, "ORG_ID" INTEGER NOT NULL ) DATA CAPTURE NONE COMPRESS YES; I want to change this file to have entries in one... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: akash2508
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not equal to in Unix

Guys, I am trying to do below operation LAST_TRANSACTION=2 if ]; then # do something fi If the LAST_TRANSACTION variable is not equal to 1 or 2 or 3 then code inside the if block should be execute. This code is not working, Any help is appreciated. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowrishankar05
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Plus edit and edit header

Dear Masters, i have a problem with unix script, till now i just know about how to create header. i want to change file below -63395.2 72653.5 -63361.3 72696.0 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ipatah
9 Replies

8. How to Post in the The UNIX and Linux Forums

Help me, write a bash script to delete parent entry with all their child entry in LDAP UNIX server

Hi All, Please help me and guide me to write a bash/shell script on Linux box to delete parent entry with all their child entries. example: Parent is : ---------- dn: email=yogesh.kumar@wipro.com, o=wipro, o=in child is: ---------- dn: cn: yogesh kumar, email=yogesh.kumar@wipro.com,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Chand
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace multiple "&nbsp;" entry with in <td> tag into single entry using sed?

I have the input file like this. Input file: 12.txt 1) There are one or more than one <tr> tags in same line. 2) Some tr tags may have one <td> or more tna one <td> tags within it. 3) Few <td> tags having "<td> &nbsp; </td>". Few having more than one "&nbsp;" entry in it. <tr> some td... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thomasraj87
4 Replies
LPBANNER(1)						      General Commands Manual						       LPBANNER(1)

NAME
lpbanner - text banner pclbanner - pcl format banner psbanner - PostScript format banner SYNOPSIS
lpbanner [ -llength ] [ -wwidth ] [ -Pprinter ] [ -Lbannername ] [ -nloginname ] [ -hhost ] [ -Jjobtitle ] [ -Cclass ] [ -?option args ] [ all ] DESCRIPTION
The lpbanner program is used to print a simple banner on a fixed size font printer, the pclbanner program generates a PCL banner and the psbanner program generates a PostScript banner. All information to be printed is passed using command line arguements. In order to be compatible with vintage line printer spoolers, reads a line form standard input, but ignores the information. OPTIONS
-w width Page width in characters (default 132). -l length Page length in lines (default 60). -P printer printer queue for banner information. -L bannername Name used on banner as main name. -n loginname Name used on banner as login name. -h host Name used on banner as host name. -J jobtitle String used on banner as main title. -C class String used on banner as class. -? value All other options and arguments provided by LPRng are ignored. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: zero (0) Successful completion. non-zero (!=0) An error occurred. SEE ALSO
lpd.conf(5), lpc(8), lpd(8), checkpc(8), lpr(1), lpq(1), lprm(1), printcap(5), lpd.conf(5), pr(1), lprng_certs(1), lprng_index_certs(1). HISTORY
LPRng is a enhanced printer spooler system with functionality similar to the Berkeley LPR software. The LPRng mailing list is lprng@lprng.com; subscribe by sending mail to lprng-request@lprng.com with the word subscribe in the body. The software is available from ftp://ftp.lprng.com/pub/LPRng. AUTHOR
Patrick Powell <papowell@lprng.com>. LPRng LPRng-3.9.0 LPBANNER(1)