Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to fetch substring from records into another file Post 302222036 by smriti_shridhar on Wednesday 6th of August 2008 12:46:01 AM
Old 08-06-2008
Bug Thanks.. I want to add one more thing..

Thanks Jean It solved the issue but I want to add one more thing in the output..

I want the output to be

>bi|2138271|geb|AAC15885.1|precursor [Sambucus nigra] ( Region from 92-110 of x)
LWPCGTQRNQQWTFYTDD
>bi|2138271|geb|AAC15885.1|precursor [Sambucus nigra] ( Region from 20-132 of x)
SVGIQGIDYPSVSFNLAGAKSATWDFLRMPHDLVGEDNKYNDGEPITGNIIGRDGLCVDVRNGYDTDGTP
LQLWPCGTQRNQQWTFYTDDTIRSMGKCMTANGLSNGSNIMI

where x is the total alphabets of that record in FILE1 from where we have extracted the substring. And this x do not include the Header line(the one starting with '>')

Although I have changed the line -
printf("%s (%s-%s)\n", Header,"Region from " From[k,i], To[k,i]);
this has solved half of my problem but still I am not able to include the Total length.

Please help.

Last edited by smriti_shridhar; 08-06-2008 at 01:49 AM.. Reason: formating

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count No of Records in File without counting Header and Trailer Records

I have a flat file and need to count no of records in the file less the header and the trailer record. I would appreciate any and all asistance Thanks Hadi Lalani (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guiguy
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

fetch substring from html code

hello mates. please help me out once again. i have a html file where i want to fetch out one value from the entire html-code sample html code: ..... <b>Amount:<b> 12345</div> ... now i only want to fetch the 12345 from the html document. how to i tell sed to get me the value from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scarfake
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetch lines from a file matching column2 of another file

Hi guys, Please help me out in this problem. I have two files FILE1 abc-23 : 4529675 cde-42 : 9824532 dge-91 : 1245367 gre-45 : 9824532 fgr-76 : 4529675 FILE2 4529675 : Gal Glu house-2-be 9824532 : cat mouse 1245367 : sirf surf-2-beta where FILE2 is a static file with fixed... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: smriti_shridhar
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to scan a sequential file to fetch some of the records?

Hi I am working on a script which needs to scan a sequential file and fetch the row where 2nd column = 'HUB' Can any one help me with this... Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manmeet
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to sca a sequential file and fetch some substring data from it

Hi, I have a task where i need to scan second column of seuential file and fetch first 3 digits of that column For e.g. FOLLOWING IS THE SAMPLE FOR MY SEQUENTIAL FILE AU_ID ACCT_NUM CRNCY_CDE THHSBC001 30045678 THB THHSBC001 10154267 THB THHSBC001 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manmeet
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep specific records from a file of records that are separated by an empty line

Hi everyone. I am a newbie to Linux stuff. I have this kind of problem which couldn't solve alone. I have a text file with records separated by empty lines like this: ID: 20 Name: X Age: 19 ID: 21 Name: Z ID: 22 Email: xxx@yahoo.com Name: Y Age: 19 I want to grep records that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Atrisa
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

make the name of file and fetch few things from log file

Hello All, I am working on a script where I need to fetch the value from a log file and log file creates with different name but few thing are common DEV_INFOMGT161_MULTI_PTC_BLD01.Stage_All_to_stp2perf1.042312114644.log STP_12_02_01_00_RC01.Stage_stp-domain_to_stp2perf2.042312041739.log ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragpgtgerman
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting duplicate records from file 1 if records from file 2 match

I have 2 files "File 1" is delimited by ";" and "File 2" is delimited by "|". File 1 below (3 record shown): Doc1;03/01/2012;New York;6 Main Street;Mr. Smith 1;Mr. Jones Doc2;03/01/2012;Syracuse;876 Broadway;John Davis;Barbara Lull Doc3;03/01/2012;Buffalo;779 Old Windy Road;Charles... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vestport
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Separate records of a file on 2 types of records

Hi I am new to shell programming in unix Please if I can provide help. I have a file structure of a header record and "N" detail records. The header record will be the total number of detail records I need to split the file in 2: One for the header Another for all detail records Could... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jamcogar
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to fetch matched records from files between two different directory?

awk 'NR==FNR{arr;next} $0 in arr' /tmp/Data_mismatch.sh /prd/HK/ACCTCARD_20160115.txt edit by bakunin: seems that one CODE-tag got lost somewhere. i corrected that, but please check your posts more carefully. Thank you. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh_target
5 Replies
GCHEM3D(1)						       gnome-chemistry-utils							GCHEM3D(1)

NAME
gchem3d - a small chemical viewer application SYNOPSIS
gchem3d [OPTION(S)...] [FILE...] DESCRIPTION
gchem3d is a small chemical viewer application, which can show several chemical file formats. OPTIONS
The following options are accepted: -b COLOR, --bgcolor=COLOR Use the given color as background color. COLOR can be one of "black" (default), "white", "#rrggbb" (don't forget to escape the "#" character in the shell). -d MODEL, --display3d=MODEL Choose how molecules are displayed. MODEL can be one of "BallnStick" (default), "SpaceFill". -?, --help Show application help options. --help-all, --help-* Print all or just a group of help options. These options are not documented here. Instead see gtk-options(7) and gnome-options(7). -v, --version Print gchem3d version information. SEE ALSO
gnome-options(7), gtk-options(7) AUTHORS
Jean Brefort <jean.brefort@normalesup.org> Program author. Daniel Leidert <daniel.leidert@wgdd.de> Manpage author. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002-2007 Jean Brefort Copyright (C) 2004-2007 Daniel Leidert Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. gcu 0.12 $Date: 2009-03-19 10:53:47 +0100 (jeu. 19 mars 2009) $ GCHEM3D(1)