Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Greping columns data from file. Post 302221795 by era on Tuesday 5th of August 2008 08:05:09 AM
Old 08-05-2008
Couldn't you just run sqlplus with the -silent option in the first place?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Data Positioning from Columns in a flat file.

Hi All, I have used this forum many times to solve my many scripting problems. This time, I would like to seek some answers to a problem that I've been head scratching quite a bit on. My Example: I am converting a 2000-byte file into a 300-byte file this file has no delimiters and hardly any... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: oott1
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help for Adding Three new columns in existing file from fatching data from file

not required this time (36 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sandeep_Malik
36 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Create a file and enter data in columns

Hello!!!!!!!! I have an issue regarding inserting records in a file columnwise.Is it possible using awk/nawk script? Example: File1: 1|AAA|25|2 5|qqe|20|7 4|wer|31|81 I need to create a second file in which data can be inserted in a columnwise manner i.e. File2: AAA|25|1|2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhijeet1409
1 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

Initializing columns to NULL an saving data to a new file

Hi I've been trying to delete columns from a file, and the best option I could come up was to initialise them to NULL. The reason for this is because I need to compare the differences between 2 files with those specific columns excluded. Here is my script: #!/bin/bash... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ladyAnne
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding standard deviation for all columns in a data file

Hi All, I want someone to modify the below script from this forum so that it can be used for all columns in the file( instead of only printing column 3 mean and standard deviation values). I don't know how to loop around all the columns. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk based script to find the average of all the columns in a data file

Hi All, I need the modification for the below mentioned code (found in one more post https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/27161-script-generate-average-values.html) to find the average values for all the columns(but for a specific rows) and print the averages side by side. I have... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

validating data in columns and writing them to new file

I have a file that contains records in the below format: 23857250998423948239482348239580923682396829682398094823049823948 23492780582305829852095820958293582093585823095892386293583203248 23482038509825098230958235234230502958205983958235820358205892095... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: shellhelp
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert space or pattern between columns in a data file

I have a data file where three data sets are written in three columns. Can I increase the space between the columns without reading them? Also can I insert particular patterns, say comma between 1st and 2nd column and colon between 2nd and 3rd column? (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: hbar
13 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Delimiter appending in a data file if we receive a less columns than expected

Required No.of field = 12 Let say you got a “~” delimited input file and this file has 6 input fields and now I want to add 12-5=7 number of “~” into this input file in order to make it 12 fields datafile can have n number of records ex., a~b~c~d~12~r a~b~c~d~12~r a~b~c~d~12~r... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: LJJ
19 Replies
CREATE TABLE 
AS(7) SQL Commands CREATE TABLE AS(7) NAME
CREATE TABLE AS - create a new table from the results of a query SYNOPSIS
CREATE [ [ LOCAL ] { TEMPORARY | TEMP } ] TABLE table_name [ (column_name [, ...] ) ] AS query DESCRIPTION
CREATE TABLE AS creates a table and fills it with data computed by a SELECT command. The table columns have the names and data types asso- ciated with the output columns of the SELECT (except that you can override the column names by giving an explicit list of new column names). CREATE TABLE AS bears some resemblance to creating a view, but it is really quite different: it creates a new table and evaluates the query just once to fill the new table initially. The new table will not track subsequent changes to the source tables of the query. In contrast, a view re-evaluates its defining SELECT statement whenever it is queried. PARAMETERS
[LOCAL] TEMPORARY or [LOCAL] TEMP If specified, the table is created as a temporary table. Refer to CREATE TABLE [create_table(7)] for details. table_name The name (optionally schema-qualified) of the table to be created. column_name The name of a column in the new table. Multiple column names can be specified using a comma-delimited list of column names. If col- umn names are not provided, they are taken from the output column names of the query. query A query statement (that is, a SELECT command). Refer to SELECT [select(7)] for a description of the allowed syntax. DIAGNOSTICS
Refer to CREATE TABLE [create_table(7)] and SELECT [select(7)] for a summary of possible output messages. NOTES
This command is functionally equivalent to SELECT INTO [select_into(7)], but it is preferred since it is less likely to be confused with other uses of the SELECT ... INTO syntax. COMPATIBILITY
This command is modeled after an Oracle feature. There is no command with equivalent functionality in SQL92 or SQL99. However, a combina- tion of CREATE TABLE and INSERT ... SELECT can accomplish the same thing with little more effort. HISTORY
The CREATE TABLE AS command has been available since PostgreSQL 6.3. SEE ALSO
CREATE TABLE [create_table(7)], CREATE VIEW [create_view(l)], SELECT [select(l)], SELECT INTO [select_into(l)] SQL - Language Statements 2002-11-22 CREATE TABLE AS(7)