Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AIX 5.3, TL6 problem??
Operating Systems AIX AIX 5.3, TL6 problem?? Post 302221752 by gfca on Tuesday 5th of August 2008 06:06:28 AM
Old 08-05-2008
Thanks!
Also, Im not a oracle admin... neither AIX... Before i was only a network administrator, but now the previous sys admin dont work anymore in this company so i have to do his job! well... good to increase my knowledge! Smilie

I will do that... and answer here.

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

AIX pg problem

Hi all, I have problem with regards to using pg on AIX v5.3.0.0 . Here wht i am trying to do --- i have shell script with the following statements if || then echo ^[[?3h tput clear pg -f $1$2 echo ^[[?3l ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramanujapuram
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX 5.2 problem

Hello, I'm working on a AIX5.2 OS. The problem i'm facing is that the system performance is good in rrot login, but when i switch to other users login it is very slow. A ls or even pwd command take almost 20 to 30 sec to disply output. The same logins are working fine on other... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeepmacha
2 Replies

3. Programming

compile problem on aix

When compiling (a simple test program): #include <stdio.h> #include <sys/context.h> int main() { printf("Hello\n"); return 0; } on AIX 5.2 with gcc 3.2.2 from the IBM site I get the following error: /usr/include/sys/context.h:169: parse error before "sigset64_t"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rein
4 Replies

4. AIX

telnet problem in aix

Can somebody help me. Whenever I telnet to my server i received a message /dev/pts/0: 3004-004 You must "exec" login from the lowest login shell. Connection closed. pls help me (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vjm
2 Replies

5. AIX

problem with automount in Aix

Dear Frndz, I have a problem in automount. please find the config file entry for automount /etc/auto_master /- /mount.map I have specified all the mappings in /mount.map The service is operative. But when i cd into the directory it is not mounting with the server. Could you... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriram.s
6 Replies

6. AIX

[AIX 5.2] Problem with rpm

I downloaded gcc-cplusplus-4.0.0-1.aix5.2.ppc.rpm from IBM AIX Toolbox Download Page - Alphabetical Listing but: -bash-3.00# rpm -ivh gcc-cplusplus-4.0.0-1.aix5.2.ppc.rpm error: gcc-cplusplus-4.0.0-1.aix5.2.ppc.rpm cannot be installed I can't understand wht kind of error is it... Can be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: untamed
1 Replies

7. AIX

AIX OS problem? network problem?

Dear ALL. I installed AIX OS on customer sites. but Only one site is too slow when I connected telnet, ftp.. Ping is too fast. but telnet and FTP is not connected.. of course i check the configuration file on aix but it's normal. Do any Idea?? thanks in advance. - Jun - (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jeon Jun Seok
3 Replies

8. AIX

Problem in going from AIX 5.3 TL6 to TL7

I have updated the TL levels in a step upgrade from TL4-TL6 (oslevel -r --> 5300-06) without any issues. However when I try to install TL7, it fails on package dependencies. It seems that TL7 may have introduced some major device enhancements, so how do I update from TL6 to TL7? I have... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
6 Replies

9. AIX

Failed to apply the IZ86736 patch in TL6 SP1

while i was trying to apply the patch IZ86736 in TL6_SP1 its give me the below error instfix -d . -p -f /tmp/.instfix_selections.20512908 > File installp -acgNqXd . -f File File: bos.rte.control 06.01.0006.0003 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thecobra151
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

library problem on AIX

Hi Unix Experts, I have seen with AIX, that sometimes my new libraries are not picked up by executable. This could be the problem of "loader domain" on AIX. As I found on below link AIX libraries do stick in the memory. AIX shared libraries The remedy for this is to run slibclean... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shriashishpatil
3 Replies
network-admin(1)						   User Commands						  network-admin(1)

NAME
network-admin - Basic administration of network interfaces. SYNOPSIS
network-admin [--configure=INTERFACE] [--configure-type=TYPE] [gnome-std-options] DESCRIPTION
network-admin enumerates the interfaces available to the user and provides a mechanism for configuring these interfaces as static-IP or DHCP. It's also possible to select which interfaces should be enabled on boot. network-admin also allows you configure the systems hostname, DNS options and hosts using the user interface. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -c, --configure=INTERFACE Configure a specific network interface (e.g. ath0 or bge0). -t, --configure-type=TYPE Configure the first network interface of a specific type (e.g. ethernet or wireless). gnome-std-options Standard options available for use with most GNOME applications. See gnome-std-options(5) for more informa- tion. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Running the main application. example% network-admin Example 2: Configuring the ath0 network interface. example% network-admin --configure=ath0 Example 3: Configuring the first ethernet interface. example% network-admin --configure-type=ethernet EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/network-admin Executable for network interface configuration. /etc/inet/gnome-system-tools Storage location for network configuration files when not active on boot. /var/spool/setup-tool-backends/backup/network Backup directory for files that are modified. /var/spool/setup-tool-backends/data/network Where "Location" profiles are stored. /var/run/setup-tool-backends/debug/network Debug logs can be found under here. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-system-tools | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Uncommitted | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Latest version of the GNOME Desktop User Guide for your platform. users-admin(1), shares-admin(1), services-admin(1), time-admin(1), gnome-std-options(5), ifconfig(1M), hosts(4), nsswitch.conf(4), resolv.conf(4), attributes(5) NOTES
This tool can only be used to manage physical network devices as returned by the "dladm show-dev" command, it does not support configura- tion of more complex configurations. There is currently no support for enterprise name services such as YP/NIS, NIS+ or LDAP. There is also no support for anything but the global zone. Written by Darren Kenny, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2006. SunOS 5.11 6 Nov 2006 network-admin(1)