Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Capturing TCPDUMP
Operating Systems Linux Capturing TCPDUMP Post 302221543 by redoubtable on Monday 4th of August 2008 06:14:30 PM
Old 08-04-2008
Code:
[root@labdevice1 sbin]# tcpdump -s0 -vv -w /home/osuresh/test_tcp_dump host 10.12.10.22 && port 161
bash: tcpdump: command not found

That would only work if you had "." in your environment variable PATH. Anyway, sbin is not in your PATH and it should be. Anyway, try doing ./tcpdump in your sbin directory, or use the full path /usr/sbin/tcpdump.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How To Use tcpdump

I have two net-card. one is 172.16.24.99(ENG) ,another is 172.16.25.99(ENG-B). Both masks is 255.255.255.0. I will monitor data on the tcp port 8055 in ENG, How do I set option of tcpdump command (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chenhao_no1
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tcpdump

does anybody know what the -d -dd and -ddd options are used for ? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ant04
2 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

i would like to know about tcpdump

i would like to know about tcpdump i would like to use tcpdump to get information about these - Date - time - source hostname - source mac address - source ip address - destination ip address - see outbound only then i use command like this tcpdump -i le0 -n -q -tttt -e src net... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chamnanpol
0 Replies

4. IP Networking

i would like to know about tcpdump

i would like to know about tcpdump i would like to use tcpdump to get information about these - Date - time - source hostname - source mac address - source ip address - destination ip address - see outbound only then i use command like this tcpdump -i le0 -n -q -tttt -e src net... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chamnanpol
2 Replies

5. IP Networking

tcpdump -w file is not capturing all the packets

I am trying to capture tcpdump for traffic to a port in a file but this does not seem to capture all the packets. Command I use is : tcpdump -w tdump.dat port 22 Why is it not capturing all the packets ? Here is my experiment: root@pmode-client6 adc-demo]# tcpdump port 22 tcpdump:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: radiatejava
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

TCPdump script

I'm new to the Unix/Linux world. I have taken classes and played with a few simple scripts but never had a real world application. Here is my problem. What I need to do is every 15min between 8am and 5pm, run tcpdump -s 2000 -w flowroute-0000.pcap where the "0000" is the current time. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nasasdge
4 Replies

7. Debian

Tcpdump Help !

Hi. Need Help with TcpDump Trying to sniff associatio-request with tcpdump but when i run this tcpdump -i eth0 wlan subtype assoc-req i get this error can anyone help me with this error ? Thanks alot !!:) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SoulZB
1 Replies

8. Cybersecurity

Need Help with this TCPDUMP output...

Hello everyone, so I'm getting this tcpdump, and it looks like..quite a mess... Can anyone decipher this? I can tell that one IP is requesting DNS info? but I'm having trouble finding out what some of the fields actually mean.. 19:44:50.707637 IP 66.81.1.252.53 > 64.147.113.139.28638: 52313... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lost in Cyberia
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to update tcpdump?

I would like to update tcpdump on my computer (CentOS 6.5) which is currently old. I download the zip file from TCPDUMP/LIBPCAP public repository already but I don't know how to update with this file. I have to delete tcpdump on my computer first? Would you please provide the step for me? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thsecmaniac
0 Replies

10. IP Networking

TCPdump

I've recently started learning to use TCPdump, and I find it pretty interesting. There's one thing I don't understand. When I tell it to capture packets on, say, the WiFi interface en1, it often captures packets sent or received by other hosts on the network. How can it do this? My... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ultrix
3 Replies
SYSTEMD.ENVIRONMENT-GENERATOR(7)			   systemd.environment-generator			  SYSTEMD.ENVIRONMENT-GENERATOR(7)

NAME
systemd.environment-generator - systemd environment file generators SYNOPSIS
/lib/systemd/system-environment-generators/some-generator /usr/lib/systemd/user-environment-generators/some-generator /run/systemd/system-environment-generators/* /etc/systemd/system-environment-generators/* /usr/local/lib/systemd/system-environment-generators/* /lib/systemd/system-environment-generators/* /run/systemd/user-environment-generators/* /etc/systemd/user-environment-generators/* /usr/local/lib/systemd/user-environment-generators/* /usr/lib/systemd/user-environment-generators/* DESCRIPTION
Generators are small executables that live in /lib/systemd/system-environment-generators/ and other directories listed above. systemd(1) will execute those binaries very early at the startup of each manager and at configuration reload time, before running the generators described in systemd.generator(7) and before starting any units. Environment generators can override the environment that the manager exports to services and other processes. Generators are loaded from a set of paths determined during compilation, as listed above. System and user environment generators are loaded from directories with names ending in system-environment-generators/ and user-environment-generators/, respectively. Generators found in directories listed earlier override the ones with the same name in directories lower in the list. A symlink to /dev/null or an empty file can be used to mask a generator, thereby preventing it from running. Please note that the order of the two directories with the highest priority is reversed with respect to the unit load path, and generators in /run overwrite those in /etc. After installing new generators or updating the configuration, systemctl daemon-reload may be executed. This will re-run all generators, updating environment configuration. It will be used for any services that are started subsequently. Environment file generators are executed similarly to unit file generators described in systemd.generator(7), with the following differences: o Generators are executed sequentially in the alphanumerical order of the final component of their name. The output of each generator output is immediately parsed and used to update the environment for generators that run after that. Thus, later generators can use and/or modify the output of earlier generators. o Generators are run by every manager instance, their output can be different for each user. It is recommended to use numerical prefixes for generator names to simplify ordering. EXAMPLES
Example 1. A simple generator that extends an environment variable if a directory exists in the file system # 50-xdg-data-dirs.sh #!/bin/bash # set the default value XDG_DATA_DIRS="${XDG_DATA_DIRS:-/usr/local/share/:/usr/share}" # add a directory if it exists if [[ -d /opt/foo/share ]]; then XDG_DATA_DIRS=/opt/foo/share:${XDG_DATA_DIRS} fi # write our output echo XDG_DATA_DIRS=$XDG_DATA_DIRS Example 2. A more complicated generator which reads existing configuration and mutates one variable # 90-rearrange-path.py #!/usr/bin/env python3 """ Proof-of-concept systemd environment generator that makes sure that bin dirs are always after matching sbin dirs in the path. (Changes /sbin:/bin:/foo/bar to /bin:/sbin:/foo/bar.) This generator shows how to override the configuration possibly created by earlier generators. It would be easier to write in bash, but let's have it in Python just to prove that we can, and to serve as a template for more interesting generators. """ import os import pathlib def rearrange_bin_sbin(path): """Make sure any pair of .../bin, .../sbin directories is in this order >>> rearrange_bin_sbin('/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin') '/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin' """ items = [pathlib.Path(p) for p in path.split(':')] for i in range(len(items)): if 'sbin' in items[i].parts: ind = items[i].parts.index('sbin') bin = pathlib.Path(*items[i].parts[:ind], 'bin', *items[i].parts[ind+1:]) if bin in items[i+1:]: j = i + 1 + items[i+1:].index(bin) items[i], items[j] = items[j], items[i] return ':'.join(p.as_posix() for p in items) if __name__ == '__main__': path = os.environ['PATH'] # This should be always set. # If it's not, we'll just crash, we is OK too. new = rearrange_bin_sbin(path) if new != path: print('PATH={}'.format(new)) Example 3. Debugging a generator SYSTEMD_LOG_LEVEL=debug VAR_A=something VAR_B="something else" /lib/systemd/system-environment-generators/path-to-generator SEE ALSO
systemd-environment-d-generator(8), systemd.generator(7), systemd(1), systemctl(1) systemd 237 SYSTEMD.ENVIRONMENT-GENERATOR(7)