Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers joining variable to the end of a file name Post 302221246 by naamas03 on Monday 4th of August 2008 03:48:22 AM
Old 08-04-2008
hi
thanks for quick response
i did like you've wrote
here are the result
sed: -e expression #1, char 57: Unmatched ) or \)
it's an error
can you please tell me what is wrong
and please a little explanation about the command.
thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Joining lines in log file

Hi, I need to develop a script to join multiple three lines in a log file into one line for processing with awk and grep. I looked at tr with no success. The first line contains the date time information. The second line contains the error line. The third line is a blank line. Thanks, Mike (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bubba112557
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Joining 2 lines in a file together

Hi guys, I've got a log file which has entries that look like this: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 06/08/04 07:57:57 AMQ9002: Channel program started. EXPLANATION: Channel program 'INSCCPQ1.HSMTSPQ1' started. ACTION: None. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: m223464
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Joining program to one batch file

I created a batch file (./mybatch) that need to run few programs at a sequnece but i need a command like the DOS call command in order to return to the main batch file to proceed the sequence example: cd /dir1/path/dir2 invoke program1 cd /dir3/path2/ <--- i want to return here (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eynkesef
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Joining two arrays and then creating a variable

Hello all... I'd like to create a variable from an array element from two arrays. In my search for answers I found this code for bash that joins two arrays and then started to work with it. I had got to work once and then foolishly without saving the code, I started to edit it for ksh and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: carlos25
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add end of char \n on end of file

Hi, I want to add \n as a EOF at the end of file if it does't exist in a single command. How to do this? when I use command echo "1\n" > a.txt and od -c a.txt 0000000 1 \n \n 0000003 How does it differentiate \n and eof in this case? Regards, Venkat (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: svenkatareddy
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

variable joining

I really need help on this problem. The story: My VAR1 and VAR2 works fine and able to get the value. I want to do as "if VAR1 or VAR2 is bigger than max_loadavg then the code will run...then if VAR1 or VAR2 is lesser than min_loadavg then the other code will run... The problem: The... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: hezry79
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Appending string, variable to file at the start and string at end

Hi , I have below file with 13 columns. I need 2-13 columns seperated by comma and I want to append each row with a string "INSERT INTO xxx" in the begining as 1st column and then a variable "$node" and then $2,$3,$4,$5,$6,$7,$8,$9,$10,$11,$12,$13 and at the end another string " ; COMMIT;" ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vaddadi
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash - joining lines in a file

I’m writing a bash shell script and I want to join lines together where two variables on each line are the same ie. 12345variablestuff43212morevariablestuff 12345variablestuff43212morevariablestuff 34657variablestuff78945morevariablestuff 34657variablestuff78945morevariablestuff... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cultcha
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Joining lines in a file - help!

I'm looking for a way to join lines in a file; e.,g consider the following R|This is line 1 R|This is line 2 R|This is line 3 R|This is line 4 R|This is line 5 what i want to end up with is R|This is line 1 R|This is line 2 R|This is line 3 R|This is line 4 R|This is line 5 so... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Storms
15 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File joining and sorting

Hi, I'm having some trouble joining these two files for some reason. Here is what they look like: head * I'm using: join -a 1 -1 2 -2 1 f1 f2 -t, > joinfile.out but unfortunately nothing is happening. I did notice that I was having trouble sorting f1 and I'm not sure why using:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: verse123
6 Replies
TIFFSET(1)						      General Commands Manual							TIFFSET(1)

NAME
tiffset - set a field in a TIFF header SYNOPSIS
tiffset [ options ] filename.tif DESCRIPTION
Tiffset sets the value of a TIFF header to a specified value. OPTIONS
-d dirnumber change the current directory (starting at 0). -s tagnumber [ count ] value ... Set the value of the named tag to the value or values specified. -sd diroffset change the current directory by offset. -sf tagnumber filename Set the value of the tag to the contents of filename. This option is supported for ASCII tags only. EXAMPLES
The following example sets the image description tag(270) of a.tif to the contents of the file descrip: tiffset -sf 270 descrip a.tif The following example sets the artist tag(315) of a.tif to the string ``Anonymous'': tiffset -s 315 Anonymous a.tif This example sets the resolution of the file a.tif to 300 dpi: tiffset -s 296 2 a.tif tiffset -s 282 300.0 a.tif tiffset -s 283 300.0 a.tif Set the photometric interpretation of the third page of a.tif to min-is-black (ie. inverts it): tiffset -d 2 -s 262 1 a.tif SEE ALSO
tiffdump(1), tiffinfo(1), tiffcp(1), libtiff(3TIFF) Libtiff library home page: http://www.remotesensing.org/libtiff/ libtiff November 21, 2004 TIFFSET(1)