Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How to copy a string to a text file Post 302221137 by hpuxlxboy on Sunday 3rd of August 2008 01:57:44 PM
Old 08-03-2008
Thanks for the solution ...

I am providing this command in a C program.

sprintf( cmd, "elm -s SUBJECT %s <<HERE \n %s \n [include %s text/plain base64] \n HERE ", emailAddr, sMailBody, sFileName );

This is sending the [include %s text/plain base64] part also in the email body along with the actual body text. And there is no file attached in the email.

Could you please help me with this ???

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

appending string to text file based on search string

Hi, I need to append string "Hi" to the beginning of the lines containing some specific string. How can I achieve that? Please help. Malay (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: malaymaru
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy or Grep all text below a string

Hello, I am trying to copy all the text from a file below a search string... For example i want to grep all text below the word sure: UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers If you're not sure where to post a UNIX or Linux question, post it here. All UNIX and Linux newbies welcome !! ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aliaa2a
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy string from files into new file

I'm trying to copy a string (myame@yahoo.com) from multiple files and save them to a new file. This is what's I've gathered so far: sed 's/string/g' file.txt > output.txt Not sure how to run this on multiple files and extract just the email address found in each file. Any help would be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdell
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to copy text with ed to new file ?

Alright, so in ed i do a subsititution: ed file << 'HERE' s/.*h2.*>\(.*\)<.*/\1/p HERE This gives me my desired line: Errors found while checking this document as XHTML 1.0 Transitional! But how would i put this line in a temporary file ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bertieboy7
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

input a string and copy lines from a file with that string on it

i have a file1 with many lines. i have a script that will let me input a string. for example, APPLE. what i need to do is to copy all lines from file1 where i can find APPLE or any string that i specify and paste in on file 2 thanks in advance! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: engr.jay
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to copy one file into another except some text

I have file input like- abc,"123",""123","123","123","123","123","123","123","123","123","123","123","123", abc,"123","123","123","123","123","123","123","123","123""123",abc etc Input file consists of 1000 records and i want to copy into final file except abc abc is at fixed position... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: AhmedLakadkutta
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search a string in a text file and add another string at the particular position of a line

I am having a text file which is having more than 200 lines. EX: 001010122 12000 BIB 12000 11200 1200003 001010122 2000 AND 12000 11200 1200003 001010122 12000 KVB 12000 11200 1200003 In the above file i want to search for string KVB and add/replace... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suryanarayana
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search a string in a text file and add another string at the end of line

Dear All I am having a text file which is having more than 200 lines. EX: 001010122 12000 BIB 12000 11200 1200003 001010122 2000 AND 12000 11200 1200003 001010122 12000 KVB 12000 11200 1200003 In the above file i want to search for string KVB... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: suryanarayana
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Search a string and display its location on the entire string and make a text file

I want to search a small string in a large string and find the locations of the string. For this I used grep "string" -ob <file name where the large string is stored>. Now this gives me the locations of that string. Now how do I store these locations in a text file. Please use CODE tags as... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ANKIT ROY
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy a string to another file

OS version: RHEL 6.7 Shell : Bash I have a file like below. It has 500K lines. I want to extract TAG_IDs shown in single quote at the end to copied to another file. As if I had copied the TAG_IDs using block select (Column Select) in modern text editor $ cat file.txt UPDATE TAGREF SET... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: John K
9 Replies
REPORTER-MAILX(1)						 LIBREPORT MANUAL						 REPORTER-MAILX(1)

NAME
reporter-mailx - Sends contents of a problem directory via email. SYNOPSIS
reporter-mailx [-v] -d DIR [-c CONFFILE] DESCRIPTION
The tool reads a problem directory, composes an email message from the directory contents, and uses mailx to send the message to specified recipient. Properties of email messages can be specified in a configuration file, and via environment variables. Configuration file Configuration file contains entries in a format "Option = Value". The options are: Subject The subject of the email message. EmailFrom The sender of the email message. EmailTo The recipient of the email message. SendBinaryData Use yes/true/on/1 to attach all binary files from the problem directory to the email. This can cause the emails to be very large. Integration with ABRT events reporter-mailx can be used as a reporter, to allow users report problems via email when they decide to do it. This usage is pre-configured in /etc/libreport/events.d/mailx_event.conf: EVENT=report_Mailx reporter-mailx It can also be used to notify administrator automatically when a problem happens. When this is desired, modify the event configuration file to run the tool on the post-create event: EVENT=post-create reporter-mailx OPTIONS
-d DIR Path to problem directory. -c CONFFILE Path to configuration file. When used in ABRT event system, the file contains site-wide configuration. Users can change the values via environment variables. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
Environment variables take precedence over values provided in the configuration file. Mailx_Subject Subject of the email message. Mailx_EmailFrom Sender of the email message. Mailx_EmailTo Recipient of the email message. If nor the environment variable nor the corresponding option is defined, the message is send to "root@localhost". Mailx_SendBinaryData Use yes/true/on/1 to attach all binary files from the problem directory to the email. AUTHORS
o ABRT team LIBREPORT 2.1.11 06/18/2014 REPORTER-MAILX(1)