Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Panic on SUN server
Operating Systems Solaris Panic on SUN server Post 302219958 by DukeNuke2 on Wednesday 30th of July 2008 01:18:08 PM
Old 07-30-2008
please post in the right forum. the "members only" forum is not for technical questions. thread moved to "sun solaris".

to topic:
this looks like an filesystem error. please boot you machine from cd/dvd or network and check your root filesystem.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Sun server

I'm working on a new Sun Solaris server.It was right and run with it's installed Solaris.I used Ifconfig command and check all the file in /etc folder, and now the system can not login as ROOT user in to the server? I'm young in Unix ! I don't know what did I do? How can I comeback ? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nilou
8 Replies

2. Red Hat

server panic

Hi, one of our linux server got panic with the following messages Jun 2 17:09:57 inchesfttu006 kernel: ------------------------ Jun 2 17:09:57 inchesfttu006 kernel: kernel BUG at kernel/exit.c:904! Jun 2 17:09:57 inchesfttu006 kernel: invalid operand: 0000 Jun 2 17:09:57 inchesfttu006... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajasekg
1 Replies

3. Solaris

can any body tell me what is the difference between server panic and fatal error.

HI friends can any body tell me what is the difference between server panic and fatal error. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tv.praveenkumar
1 Replies
ddi_in_panic(9F)					   Kernel Functions for Drivers 					  ddi_in_panic(9F)

NAME
ddi_in_panic - determine if system is in panic state SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/ddi.h> #include <sys/sunddi.h> int ddi_in_panic(void); INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI). DESCRIPTION
Drivers controlling devices on which the system may write a kernel crash dump in the event of a panic can call ddi_in_panic() to determine if the system is panicking. When the system is panicking, the calls of functions scheduled by timeout(9F) and ddi_trigger_softintr(9F) will never occur. Neither can delay(9F) be relied upon, since it is implemented via timeout(9F). Drivers that need to enforce a time delay such as SCSI bus reset delay time must busy-wait when the system is panicking. RETURN VALUES
ddi_in_panic() returns 1 if the system is in panic, or 0 otherwise. CONTEXT
ddi_in_panic() may be called from any context. SEE ALSO
dump(9E), delay(9F), ddi_trigger_softintr(9F), timeout(9F) Writing Device Drivers SunOS 5.10 23 Jun 1997 ddi_in_panic(9F)