Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How give tasks to individual processors in a multicore processor ? Post 302219647 by fpmurphy on Tuesday 29th of July 2008 06:49:28 PM
Old 07-29-2008
Processor affinity configuration is specific to each OS. If you tell us which specific OS and version and hardware you are using, we may be able to help you.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dual processors

I have two sparcstation20's. One has no hard drive or memory and I want to know if there is a way to take the processor out of it and make the other a dual processor. I know it is possible some how just curious if anyone here can help me make this happen. (Don't know much about sun... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jwbrown
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I determine # of processors ...

I have a console server that runs some form of UNIX/Linux, but I get a bash shell, and I want to determine how many processor (what speed) and them amount of RAM in the system. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbrandeb49
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

Multicore from a different angle

Everyone seemed to be a little stumped by the multicore question I asked earlier this week, so I decided I'd try a different angle. Turns out that on a multicore system HP-UX reports every core as a seperate processor. All the usual commands (ioscan, top, etc.) report two processors for every... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Midcain
7 Replies

4. HP-UX

How do I detect multicore processors?

I'm fairly new to HP-UX, and I need to know how to identify the number of cores on a PA-8800 processor from the command line. Any help here would be appreciated. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Midcain
11 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

No: of processors

which unix command can be used to know the no: of processors running on that machine... version used:- Solaris 8.0 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bishweshwar
3 Replies

6. AIX

LPAR processor/virtual processor settings

Question is on setting of Physical and Virtual processors for LPARs to make proper use of virtualization capabilities. Environment is a 8-way p570 with 4 LPARs. lparVIO1 and lparVIO2: AIX 5300-04-01 Mode/Type= Shared-SMT/Capped Minimum Processors= 0.10 Desired Processors= 0.50 Maximum... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guttew
1 Replies

7. AIX

Processor and processor core

Guys... Hows it going??? I have been going through the hardware spec of IBM system p systems.. and here i am confused for IBM Power 520 Express it says Processor cores: One, two or four 64-bit 4.2 GHz POWER6 with AltiVec™ SIMD and Hardware Decimal Floating-Point acceleration ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
1 Replies
STRUCT 
IRQ_DATA(9) Structures STRUCT IRQ_DATA(9) NAME
struct_irq_data - per irq and irq chip data passed down to chip functions SYNOPSIS
struct irq_data { unsigned int irq; unsigned long hwirq; unsigned int node; unsigned int state_use_accessors; struct irq_chip * chip; struct irq_domain * domain; void * handler_data; void * chip_data; struct msi_desc * msi_desc; cpumask_var_t affinity; }; MEMBERS
irq interrupt number hwirq hardware interrupt number, local to the interrupt domain node node index useful for balancing state_use_accessors status information for irq chip functions. Use accessor functions to deal with it chip low level interrupt hardware access domain Interrupt translation domain; responsible for mapping between hwirq number and linux irq number. handler_data per-IRQ data for the irq_chip methods chip_data platform-specific per-chip private data for the chip methods, to allow shared chip implementations msi_desc MSI descriptor affinity IRQ affinity on SMP DESCRIPTION
The fields here need to overlay the ones in irq_desc until we cleaned up the direct references and switched everything over to irq_data. AUTHORS
Thomas Gleixner <tglx@linutronix.de> Author. Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu> Author. COPYRIGHT
Kernel Hackers Manual 3.10 June 2014 STRUCT IRQ_DATA(9)