Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Problems with rsh command
Operating Systems Solaris Problems with rsh command Post 302219267 by lestat_ecuador on Monday 28th of July 2008 05:21:05 PM
Old 07-28-2008
Error Problems with rsh command

Hello guys, I have a script in a Linux server, from where I go to 3 Sun servers and run process.
Now i have done an upgrade and increase 1 Sun server more, now i need to run the shell in the Linux Server (into the shell is rsh command), but when i try to do ir with the new Sun server, i hace the following error:
Code:
Connection refused

I already add to the new server .rhosts file the name of the Linux server, but the problem dont fix.

Please your help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rsh command

Newbie here, I want to add a line to our 3D rendering scripts that will send an email to the animators once a scene has finished rendering. The 3D scripts are on the client hosts and the sendmail setup on the server. I tried using a rsh line in the script as follows rsh root@blah echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: flamethrower
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rsh command

Hi, I'm performing a data migration from an Ingres db to an Oracle db. The ingres database lives on a unix host running "UNIX(r) System V Release 4.0 (SunOS 5.5.1) ", while the Oracle database lives on another unix host running "SunOS 5.8". Part of the migration is to remotely run Oracle's... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: strpeski
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problems with rsh

Hello Everybody, I have a set of four machines. When i try to rsh between them i get errors like 'no route to host' and 'conection refused'. What do i need to do to rectify this problem..... i can ssh between the nodes ok but only if i supply a password. Here is the output from my screen: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rkap
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rsh authentication problems

I am using rsh and other R commands to login to a machine. On that target machine, I set up $HOME/.rhosts file with the host/password. I also setup /etc/hosts.equiv fiel with IP address/username. I also made sure that rsh was enabled and that no firewall was running. The /etc/hosts on... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: etc
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

RSH command

Hello, I am trying to determine 2 things on a remote host. 1. Is file a directory or file 2. Does the file or directory exist Not too familiar with "find" command although I believe that may be a possible way. I have tried: remsh "$HOST" test -e /home/test.script && echo "yes" This... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bestbuyernc
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rsh command

Hi, I am a beginner and i want to seek help I want to use the rsh command. Is there a possibility that i can do it without the system password I am planning to make a csh script that could browse/copy files from diferent workstations. thank you.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wramonzon
5 Replies

7. Linux

rsh command

we want to execute remote script via rsh (we just only should use rsh except others),but rsh command can not set environment variable for specify user, then scripts can not be executed correctly,anyone knows how to fix this problem? thanks. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Frank2004
8 Replies

8. AIX

Problems using rsh

Hi, I have a server which I've configured to allow an rsh trust from a csm server. However, of the 3 vlans on the target server, I can only rsh to one of them without being prompted for the password. On lpar1 $ ifconfig -a en2:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: m223464
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsh command

Hi Does anybody know how to to return the exit code of a remote command when using rsh? I know that "rsh" has no built-in ability for that. The echo $? is showing the results of the rsh command. Not the remotely executed command. I am trying to get the return code of psef command from... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsh command - ksh

Hello, I am trying to run a remote file (y.ksh) using rsh. In this action i want to use an environment variable TOOL=/home/macc1 i am running the rsh from profile macc on server1. rsh server2 -l macc1 "$TOOL/y.ksh" but i can see that the executable command = /home/macc/y.ksh and not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LiorAmitai
1 Replies
MYSQL_FIX_PRIVILE(1)					       MySQL Database System					      MYSQL_FIX_PRIVILE(1)

NAME
mysql_fix_privilege_tables - upgrade MySQL system tables SYNOPSIS
mysql_fix_privilege_tables --password=root_password DESCRIPTION
Note In MySQL 5.1.7, mysql_fix_privilege_tables was superseded by mysql_upgrade, which should be used instead. See mysql_upgrade(1). Some releases of MySQL introduce changes to the structure of the system tables in the mysql database to add new privileges or support new features. When you update to a new version of MySQL, you should update your system tables as well to make sure that their structure is up to date. Otherwise, there might be capabilities that you cannot take advantage of. mysql_fix_privilege_tables is an older script that previously was used to uprade the system tables in the mysql database after a MySQL upgrade. Before running mysql_fix_privilege_tables, make a backup of your mysql database. On Unix or Unix-like systems, update the system tables by running the mysql_fix_privilege_tables script: shell> mysql_fix_privilege_tables You must run this script while the server is running. It attempts to connect to the server running on the local host as root. If your root account requires a password, indicate the password on the command line like this: shell> mysql_fix_privilege_tables --password=root_password The mysql_fix_privilege_tables script performs any actions necessary to convert your system tables to the current format. You might see some Duplicate column name warnings as it runs; you can ignore them. After running the script, stop the server and restart it so that any changes made to the system tables take effect. On Windows systems, MySQL distributions include a mysql_fix_privilege_tables.sql SQL script that you can run using the mysql client. For example, if your MySQL installation is located at C:Program FilesMySQLMySQL Server 5.1, the commands look like this: C:> cd "C:Program FilesMySQLMySQL Server 5.1" C:> binmysql -u root -p mysql mysql> SOURCE share/mysql_fix_privilege_tables.sql Note Prior to version 5.1.17, the mysql_fix_privilege_tables.sql script is found in the scripts directory. The mysql command will prompt you for the root password; enter it when prompted. If your installation is located in some other directory, adjust the path names appropriately. As with the Unix procedure, you might see some Duplicate column name warnings as mysql processes the statements in the mysql_fix_privilege_tables.sql script; you can ignore them. After running the script, stop the server and restart it. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007-2008 MySQL AB, 2008-2010 Sun Microsystems, Inc. This documentation is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it only under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; version 2 of the License. This documentation is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with the program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA or see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/. SEE ALSO
For more information, please refer to the MySQL Reference Manual, which may already be installed locally and which is also available online at http://dev.mysql.com/doc/. AUTHOR
Sun Microsystems, Inc. (http://www.mysql.com/). MySQL 5.1 04/06/2010 MYSQL_FIX_PRIVILE(1)