Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming gcc does not include certain .h-files Post 302218951 by jim mcnamara on Sunday 27th of July 2008 07:06:17 PM
Old 07-27-2008
Code:
gdk/gdk.h:

Is the first problem. Should it have been #include <gtk/gtk.h> ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Include files

Hi, I am new to the unix networking. I have written one client and server for UDP sockets.. I got the following errors while conpilation I have include all include files. Could some one help ...is there any other file to be included.....? will the include files change on different unix... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: reddyb
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to include external files in tcsh

Hello Simple question about tcsh , i like to make external file that some tcsh script will read from him var=="some value" how can i make the include in tcsh files? Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

include all files under a directory

I want to include all the subnet files under /etc/dhcpd/ to /etc/dhcpd.conf so here is my content of dhcpd.conf ... include "/etc/dhcpd/*"; however, the check-syntax reports syntax error, as they do not recognize the wildcard *, and display that " file /etc/dhcpd/* could not be found. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fredao
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

make file (include files path)

Hi All, In make file i want to include header files from my local directory and if it did not find in local directory i want to include from network directory. can any help me how i can do this?. here is the code INCLUDE=${include}/ this is point to network dir how i can add option that it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: goraya430
1 Replies

5. Solaris

include files

Our admin has upgraded our OS solaris system to 5.11 but no more I can compile any trivial or non-trivial code. I'm trying to compile a trivial c++ program(a Helloworld program) but It gives error indicating that include files do not exist (in this trivial case <stdio.h>), it starts compiling but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Newsha
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

linux include files

what is the relationship between /usr/include/sys/*.h and /usr/include/unistd.h ? Fuctions in unistd.h are syscalls. Do the fuctions in sys/*.h call syscalls? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vistastar
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

include file name to extracted files

I've written the script below to merge only .txt files that exist in one directory into one huge .txt file and ignore other files with other extensions. now the result is one huge .txt file with all the contents of other .txt files how can i add a File Name as a comment before each file? ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: miss_dodi
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Grep Include/Exclude Files

I wrote this korn script and ran into a hole. I can use find to exclude all the hidden directories and to use my include file/exclude files for running a full backup find / -depth -ipath '/home/testuser/.*' -prune -o -print| grep -f include.mydirs | grep -v -f exclude.mydirs but when I... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
8 Replies

9. Programming

Include files

I have an implementation file tomog.cpp that implements a class called Tomog where I need to include its header file which resides in another place. How can I best specify the include file? I would not like to do #include "../../tomso/tomography/tomog.hpp" I wish to do instead ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
3 Replies

10. Programming

[MSYS2/GCC-TDM] Compiler not finding headers in /usr/local/include

I hope it's okay to post this here. I'm working on Windows computer but using the Unix-like environment MSYS2 (https://sourceforge.net/projects/msys2). My problem is that I can't get the compiler to find headers located in /usr/local/include. I am trying to compile libpng which wants the header... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AntumDeluge
1 Replies
gnome-std-options.5(5)					Standards, Environments, and Macros				    gnome-std-options.5(5)

NAME
gnome-std-options - standard options available for most GNOME applications DESCRIPTION
A number of GNOME standard options are available for most GNOME applications. These options are based on GTK+, libbonobo, and libgnome. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: --class=class Set the class of a GTK+ program, for use by the window manager. --disable-crash-Disable the crash dialog. --disable-sound Disable sound server usage. --display=displaSpecify an X Display to use, where display is in the following format: hostname:displaynumber.screennumber --enable-sound Enable sound server usage. --espeaker=hostnSpecifytthe location of the sound server to use. --g-fatal-warninMake all GTK+ warnings fatal. This will cause the application to be killed when a warning is issued, rather than reporting this warning to sdterr. --gdk-debug=flagSpecify a list of GDK debug flags to set, in addition to those specified in the GDK_DEBUG environment variable. This option is only available if GTK+ has been configured with the --enable-debug=yes option. Valid flags values are as follows: o colormap o cursor o dnd o events o gc o gdkrgb o image o input o misc o multihead o nograbs o pixmap o xim For more information, please refer to the GTK+ source code. --gdk-no-debug=fSpecify a list of GDK debug flags to unset. This option is only available if GTK+ has been configured with the --enable- debug=yes option. Valid flags values are the same as for the --gdk-debug option. For more information, please refer to the GTK+ source code. --geometry=geomeSpecify the X geometry location for the application being launched, where geometry is in the following format: widthxheight+xoff+yoff --gtk-debug=flagSpecify a list of GTK+ options to set, in addition to those specified in the GTK_DEBUG environment variable. This option is only available if GTK+ has been configured with the --enable-debug=yes option. Valid flags values are as follows: o keybindings o misc o multihead o plugsocket o text o tree o updates For more information, please refer to the GTK+ source code. --gtk-module=modSpecify a list of GTK+ modules to load, in addition to those specifed in the GTK_MODULES environment variable. --gtk-no-debug=fSpecify a list of GTK+ options to unset. This option is only available if GTK+ has been configured with --enable-debug=yes option. Valid flags values are the same as for the --gtk-debug option. For more information, please refer to the GTK+ source code. --gxid-host=hostSpecify a host on which to connect the gxid daemon. This option overrides the GXID_HOST environment variable. This option is only available if GTK+ has been configured with the --gdk-target=x11 option. gxid is the GNOME X Input Daemon, which is distributed as part of GTK+. --gxid-port=portSpecify a port for the connection to the gxid daemon. This option overrides the GXID_PORT environment variable. This option is only available if GTK+ has been configured with the --gdk-target=x11 option. gxid is the GNOME X Input Daemon, which is distributed as part of GTK+. --help Display detailed usage message. You can also use -? to specify this option. --name=name Set the name of a GTK+ program, for use by the window manager. --oaf-activate-iSpecify an IID to activate. --oaf-ior-fd=fd Specify a File Descriptor on which to print IOR. --oaf-private Prevent registering of server with OAF. --screen=screen Specify an X Screen to use. This is only useful if more than one physical monitor is available. The default screen is 0. screen is an integer value in the range 0 to {NumberOfScreens - 1}. --sm-client-id=iSpecify a session management ID. --sm-config-prefSpecifyithe prefix of a saved configuration. --sm-disable Disable the connection to the session manager. --sync Specify that requests to the X Server should be sent synchronously. By default, such requests are sent asynchronously. This option is generally used when debugging an application, and should not be used in normal execution. --usage Display a brief usage message. --version Print the version information for the command. You can also use -v to specify this option. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Getting gnome-calculator usage example% gnome-calculator -usage Example 2: Launching ghex2 on host "Labrynth" with display 0 and screen 0 example% ghex2 --display=Labrynth:0.0 ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for descriptions of the following environment variables: DISPLAY X Display on which the application should display. GDK_DEBUG If GTK+ has been configured with the --enable-debug=yes option, this variable can be set to a list of debug options that should be set for GDK. GTK_DEBUG If GTK+ has been configured with the --enable-debug=yes option, this variable can be set to a list of debug options that should be set for GTK. GTK_MODULES A list of GTK+ modules to load. GTK_PATH A list of directories to search when GTK+ is looking for dynamically loaded objects. GXID_HOST Host to which the gxid daemon should connect. GXID_PORT Port for the connection to the gxid daemon. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-* | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
X(5), metacity(1), gtk-x11-2.0(1), gdk-x11-2.0(1), attributes(5), environ(5), libbonoboui(3), libbonobo-2(3), libbonobo-activation(3), gnome-session(1), libgnome-2(3), libesd(3) GTK+ source code Latest version of the GNOME Desktop User Guide for your platform. NOTES
Written by Matt Keenan, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2003. SunOS 5.10 9 Jan 2003 gnome-std-options.5(5)