Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: automatic port designation
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers automatic port designation Post 302218892 by sad_angle on Sunday 27th of July 2008 12:12:54 PM
Old 07-27-2008
Start here

$ more /etc/protocols

$ more /etc/services

Good luck

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Automatic port selection using C in Linux?

Hi What would be the correct way to get the port number for a free port, using C in Linux? I've tried to create() and bind() a socket without specifying the port, and that seems to work in some cases (using gcc, and some Linux dist). When compiling with the Intel Icc64 compiler I suddenly... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GeorgeCostanza
2 Replies

2. Solaris

How to enable Serial port on ILOM, when Network Port is enabled in parallel

Hi Everyone, In my environment, I have few T5220. On the iLOM Management Card, I have both Network and Serial port are cabled, I don't have any issues while I try to connect using Network Management port, but when I try to connect the serial port for the same server which is actually connected... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
3 Replies

3. IP Networking

telnet for port 5433 is not working while it works for port 22

Hi, I am trying to set up a dev environment and I have Ubuntu server (10.16.1.92) and a CentOS VM (10.16.3.235) on this. On the CentOS I have a program running on port 5433. Now my problem is that I am unable to telnet this port from another Windows server whereas I can telnet port 22 from... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rishav
5 Replies

4. IP Networking

Tcp ip port open but no such process (merged: Release A Port)

i want to kill a tcp connection by killing its pid with netstat -an i got the tcp ip connection on port 5914 but when i type ps -a or ps-e there is not such process running on port 5914 is it possible that because i do not log on with proper user account i can not see that process running? (30 Replies)
Discussion started by: alinamadchian
30 Replies

5. Solaris

Cabling and adapters to communicate to service processor serial port from Windows PC with USB port.

Hello, I have an unloaded T5140 machine and want to access the ILOM for the first time and subsequently the network port after that., and then load Solaris 10 the final January 2011 build. The first part is what confuses me -the cabling. I am coming from a Windows machine (w/appropriate... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: joboy
5 Replies

6. Solaris

How to find port number wwn of particular port on dual port HBA,?

please find the below o/p for your reference bash-3.00# fcinfo hba-port HBA Port WWN: 21000024ff295a34 OS Device Name: /dev/cfg/c2 Manufacturer: QLogic Corp. Model: 375-3356-02 Firmware Version: 05.03.02 FCode/BIOS Version: BIOS: 2.02; fcode: 2.01;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help Generate new port base on the last port but not in used by other application

Hi Expert, Anybody can figure it out on how to generate new port base on my last port let say my last port var1=124 and increment for new port 125,126 but this new two ports need to look at first if this port is not in used by any service, if the port is in used add 1 to new port and if in used... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lxdorney
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash script, find the next closed (not in use) port from some port range.

hi, i would like to create a bash script that check which port in my Linux server are closed (not in use) from a specific range, port range (3000-3010). the print output need to be only 1 port, and it will be nice if the output will be saved as a variable or in same file. my code is: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yossi
2 Replies
NRPORTS(5)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							NRPORTS(5)

NAME
nrports - NET/ROM port configuration file. DESCRIPTION
Nrports is an ASCII file that contains information about each of the NET/ROM ports that are to be used. When dealing with an NET/ROM util- ity such as call, it takes an optional argument that is the port name. This port name is a reference to the line within nrports, which has the same name. The information on each line contains enough information to bind the command to a particular NET/ROM interface, this binding is done by matching the callsign on the line in nrports with the callsign of the port set by ifconfig. The nrports file may contain comments that begin with a # in the first column, or a port description in the following format, each field being delimited by white space: name callsign alias paclen description The field descriptions are: name this is the unique NET/ROM port identifier. callsign the callsign of the NET/ROM interface to bind to. alias this is the alias of the NET/ROM port. paclen is the default packet size for this interface. description a free format description of this interface, this field extends to the end of the line. It may contain spaces. FILES
/etc/ax25/nrports SEE ALSO
call(1), netrom(4), ifconfig(8), nrparms(8). Linux 2 August 1996 NRPORTS(5)