Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: CPIO issue
Operating Systems Solaris CPIO issue Post 302218524 by dkranes on Friday 25th of July 2008 10:46:28 AM
Old 07-25-2008
Brilliant, that was it. I was missing the <. Excellent. Thank you very much!

David

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cpio

by mistake I deleted all the files in /usr2/symix/users/wfpsys/tpsc/ directory. full backup has taken yesterday using "CPIO" command and I am able to view the files from tape also using cpio command. but i couldn't able to restore back the files. Can you please help me immeditely by giving the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wipro fluid power
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with cpio

Hi all, Please help me with the extraction of files from a cpio. what I mean is basically I have received a file from someone i.e rooh.cpio. this file rooh.cpio contains various files in it. I want to know how I can extract the files and copy them to a different directory . Your quick... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rooh
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cpio problem

Hi everyone. I'm needing some help with this. I've made some backups on the same tape using cpio. With cpio -civt < /dev/rmt/0un i could see the first backups files, but now i'm getting the next messages <<End of medum on "imput">> <<To continue, type device/file name when ready>>. I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: livortiz
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cpio

Hello, how can I restore files from a DAT using CPIO ? If I make : # mkdir save # cd /save # cpio -icumvdB </dev/rct0 Does the archive restore only in the directory /save ? And how can I restore a specified file from the DAT with the cpio command ? How can I know the size of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kok
2 Replies

5. HP-UX

Please help with cpio on HP-UX

Hello all ... I am an Oracle DBA that got stuck in a HP-UX SA role and need some help figuring out a UNIX problem. According to Oracle documentation, I am to issue the following command ... cpio -idcmv <file_name> However when I do, the server just hangs there and does nothing til I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: soestx
3 Replies

6. AIX

cpio - files > 2 GB

Hi, Currently a backup script copies compressed files to tape using cpio command (on AIX 5.2). Recently we've had a compressed file which has gone over 2 GB in size resulting in an error while copying this file onto the tape using cpio. Any suggestions on relevant workarounds would be much... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dnicky
0 Replies

7. AIX

unzipping _client.cpio.gz issue

Hi, FYI I've this AIX6.1 machine that I'm telnet to using Putty. I have this oracle client file which is 1G+ that took me several hours to transfer. I was trying to unzip 10gr2_aix5l64_client.cpio.gz. # gunzip 10gr2_aix5l64_client.cpio.gz /usr/app/oracle gunzip: /usr/app/oracle is a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pilotHans
6 Replies

8. Solaris

About cpio command

i need to extract cpio file archived full path to /restore/ (not full path or fullpath under this directory ) i can't find option for cpio please help me example. i have cpio file archive /etc/* and i need to extract file to /restore #cpio -ivBcdmu < xx.cpio but data from cpio not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: infjustice
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cpio archive help

Hi I'm new to the forum and looking for some help with cpio archive creation. I have a bunch of directories that I need to make into a cpio archive. The problem I'm having is that when I input the commands I get the cpio archive but it creates a duplicate of the archive inside the archive... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: reeves1985
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Cpio - input files (from list) are stored in different order inside cpio archive - why?

Due to budget constraints I have to reinvent an Enterprise backup system in a SPARC (sun4v) Solaris estate (10 & 11). (yep - reinvent wheel, fun but time consuming. Is this wise?! :confused: ) For each filesystem of interest, to try to capture a 'catalog' at the front of each cpio archive (for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: am115998
1 Replies
uusnaps(1M)															       uusnaps(1M)

NAME
uusnaps - sort and embellish uusnap output SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The commands, including are targeted for removal from HP-UX; see the below. runs (see uusnap(1M)) and post-processes the output into a more useful form. It sorts output lines in ``Pareto-style'', showing first those remote systems with the greatest number of files, next files, and then files. inserts a after the number of files on those lines where is not equal to (2 x + This may be a sign of missing or orphaned transaction parts. Use to check (see uuls(1)). adds summary information after all output. The first line is a total of the numbers of and files. The second line contains a grand total number of transaction files, followed by the number of directory bytes this represents. This is an indication of the true size of the directory itself if all empty entries were squeezed out. Finally, if it appears that transaction files might be missing or orphaned, returns the number of missing or excess files. WARNINGS
Use of commands, including is discouraged because they are targeted for removal from HP-UX. Use ftp(1) or rcp(1) instead. assumes that each directory entry takes 24 bytes. SEE ALSO
uusnap(1M), uuls(1). TO BE OBSOLETED uusnaps(1M)