Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris ultra 10 boot warning---corrupt label Post 302218196 by DukeNuke2 on Thursday 24th of July 2008 03:27:06 PM
Old 07-24-2008
post the output of:

format | echo

and the lines of /var/adm/messages since the last reboot...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Help! Boot failure - corrupt superblock

Hi everyone, OK, I've made a monumental fsck-up of my linux installation AND I did not backup my data properly (idiot!), so I'm really up the proverbial without a paddle here. Basically the problem is I re-sized my /home partition (hda13) using Partition Magic 8.0, after doing so my mandrake... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: alarmcall
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Ultra 60 won't boot

I just was given an Ultra 60 that I'm trying to get started so that I can re-load the system with Solaris 10. I can't seem to get the system to boot past the initial memory check. I've tried to do an Stop-A to get to the eeprom, but can't do that. My next step is to try to send a break from the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zosojohnny
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Warning: No Disk Label

Hi Fellows, I am trying to mirror 2 identical disks on a SUN Ultra 10 machines (with new installation of Solaris 8). In the process, I found 2 issues: 1. prtvtoc /dev/rdsk/c0t0d0s0 | fmthard -s - /dev/rdsk/c0t1d0s0 Result: Disk partitions between the 2 disks do not match up. 2. manually... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: o51974
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Corrupt label bad geometry

Hi, I have a Sun X4200, when I try to reboot the machine it's not detecting the drive and it shows the following error when I try to rebuilt it. I am not sure whether its a bad HD or something else. Label says 983040 blocks: Drive says 983039 blocks WARNING:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gunnervarma
1 Replies

5. Solaris

corrupt label - wrong magic number

I have created 1 LUN. 1)LUN 00BB 200GB /dev/rdsk/c1t3d44 /dev/rdsk/c2t28d44 /dev/rdsk/c3t19d44 /dev/rdsk/c4t12d44 2) Already added the new entry into sd.conf and rebooted. 3) Already done these: powercf –q power config 4) power display dev=all I can see the new Symmetrix device.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sirius20d
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux on vmware won't boot due to corrupt library file!

We have an issue here: The libc.so.6 file (link) is corrupted and it causes the system unbootable. It even doesn't boot to single user mode. How can we boot the system to fix the library file? Or is there any other solutions for this issue? Here are some boot messages:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
6 Replies

7. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Original SAN to a New Solaris Server: Corrupt Label

I've seen several posts that are similar to what I'm trying to do but no dice. I have a server (SunFire V215) that went belly up. I've set up a new one. I'm getting a corrupt label: wrong magic number error. Everything I'm seeing says label the drives, but if I do I'm afraid I'll lose the data... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tnelson
0 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Ubuntu filesystem error corrupt GPT label

Need help/advice urgently.:wall: I really shot myself in the foot this time. Here is the scenario Have a Solaris server Solaris 10 x86 Update 8. Installed an LSI MegaRaid 9280 raid controller and attached a 16 bay JBOD box to it, created a RAID6 virtual drive with 1 hot spare. Created a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccj4467
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Ultra 45 Boot Loop

I am trying to get an old Ultra 45 to boot and it is stuck in a loop. I cannot get anything to come up on a monitor, so when I hook up a serial connection to the TTYa interface I see the following output: @(#)OBP 4.21.2 2005/12/22 17:17 Sun Ultra 45 Workstation Clearing TLBs Loading... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Madrox72
0 Replies

10. Solaris

Sun Ultra 30 boot problems

Hi all, I've just replaced the eprom battery on my Sun Ultra-30 and having boot issues. For some reason its trying to boot off the network instead of the DISK1. Howe can I change it so the open boot does not default to the boot device: NET Thanks, Rob (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: robbo007
3 Replies
acctcon(1M)						  System Administration Commands					       acctcon(1M)

NAME
acctcon, acctcon1, acctcon2 - connect-time accounting SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/acct/acctcon [-l lineuse] [-o reboot] /usr/lib/acct/acctcon1 [-p] [-t] [-l lineuse] [-o reboot] /usr/lib/acct/acctcon2 DESCRIPTION
acctcon converts a sequence of login/logoff records to total accounting records (see the tacct format in acct.h(3HEAD)). The login/logoff records are read from standard input. The file /var/adm/wtmpx is usually the source of the login/logoff records; however, because it might contain corrupted records or system date changes, it should first be fixed using wtmpfix. The fixed version of file /var/adm/wtmpx can then be redirected to acctcon. The tacct records are written to standard output. acctcon is a combination of the programs acctcon1 and acctcon2. acctcon1 converts login/logoff records, taken from the fixed /var/adm/wtmpx file, to ASCII output. acctcon2 reads the ASCII records produced by acctcon1 and converts them to tacct records. acctcon1 can be used with the -l and -o options, described below, as well as with the -p and -t options. OPTIONS
-p Print input only, showing line name, login name, and time (in both numeric and date/time formats). -t acctcon1 maintains a list of lines on which users are logged in. When it reaches the end of its input, it emits a session record for each line that still appears to be active. It normally assumes that its input is a current file, so that it uses the current time as the ending time for each session still in progress. The -t flag causes it to use, instead, the last time found in its input, thus assuring reasonable and repeatable numbers for non-current files. -l lineuse lineuse is created to contain a summary of line usage showing line name, number of minutes used, percentage of total elapsed time used, number of sessions charged, number of logins, and number of logoffs. This file helps track line usage, identify bad lines, and find software and hardware oddities. Hangup, termination of login(1) and termination of the login shell each generate logoff records, so that the number of logoffs is often three to four times the number of sessions. See init(1M) and utmpx(4). -o reboot reboot is filled with an overall record for the accounting period, giving starting time, ending time, number of reboots, and number of date changes. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Using the acctcon command. The acctcon command is typically used as follows: example% acctcon -l lineuse -o reboots < tmpwtmp > ctacct The acctcon1 and acctcon2 commands are typically used as follows: example% acctcon1 -l lineuse -o reboots < tmpwtmp | sort +1n +2 > ctmp example% acctcon2 < ctmp > ctacct FILES
/var/adm/wtmpx History of user access and administration information ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWaccu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
acctcom(1), login(1), acct(1M), acctcms(1M), acctmerg(1M), acctprc(1M), acctsh(1M), fwtmp(1M), init(1M), runacct(1M), acct(2), acct.h(3HEAD), utmpx(4), attributes(5) NOTES
The line usage report is confused by date changes. Use wtmpfix (see fwtmp(1M)), with the /var/adm/wtmpx file as an argument, to correct this situation. During a single invocation of any given command, the acctcon, acctcon1, and acctcon2 commands can process a maximum of: o 6000 distinct session o 1000 distinct terminal lines o 2000 distinct login names If at some point the actual number of any one of these items exceeds the maximum, the command will not succeed. SunOS 5.11 22 Feb 1999 acctcon(1M)