Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Intranet P2P Filesharing
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Intranet P2P Filesharing Post 302218147 by GoranX on Thursday 24th of July 2008 01:46:27 PM
Old 07-24-2008
Power Intranet Filesharing using proxy

I need suggestions for what to use.

I need all my users to be able to share files and be able to search into all their files.

I also need to control how much bandwidth they use so my network doesn't overload.

I can't have my users searching/downloading directly from each other which is my main concern here, all data must be passing through my shaper.

I was thinking of using a P2P software (installed by all users) and all communications must go through SERVER X like drawn in the simple diagram.
Intranet P2P Filesharing-semajpg

Last edited by GoranX; 07-25-2008 at 05:40 PM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remote access to Intranet

I am currently running my company's intranet on Linux Mandrake using Apache web server with the pages written in PHP. We currently have users who dial into the network who have access to the intranet, I need to find a way of stopping access to the user to certain pages when they dial in. Is there a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: robsebastian
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sending mail outside the intranet

hi Everybody while using the mail command , i sent a mail within the organization, it worked perfectly. Example of mail id victor@dev.unix.com But when i gave the mail command outside the intranet it failed and no responses of acknowledgement this is the example of mail id ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: victorvvk
8 Replies

3. AIX

intranet web site

hello I would like to create an internal web site, but how do i make it with Aix ? I must to install apache and send my http pages in the declared repertory ? There are some configuration files to modify ?? thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pascalbout
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

Intranet Server

I am planning to move an intranet server from win to unix,any tips/documentation/how guide on the subject will be greatly appreciatted. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Simelane
0 Replies

5. HP-UX

Intranet Server

Hi All, I am planning to move an intranet server from win to unix,any tips on how to go about doing this and also factor to consider.Any documentation will be greatly apppreciated. :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Simelane
1 Replies

6. IP Networking

p2p

OK Guys I need help. I'm interest in P2p , can you recommend some books or sites about it thx in advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aobai
0 Replies

7. IP Networking

How to add intranet sites to DNS cache?

Hi all, I'm hosting a site for my team in my LAN, for which my team mates should type my hosting server IP address in the web browser, example: http://192.168.134.213:78/testteam/ This is really hectic to type the ip address always, is there anyway where i can create a site name mapping to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun_Linux
7 Replies

8. Solaris

Problems with filesharing between Solaris and Windows Server

Hi. I'm new here and new at using Solaris and I've been having some problems with file sharing between Windows Server 2012 and Solaris 10. I will really appreciate your help. So my Windows Server (WS) 2012 has just three activated services: DNS, DHCP and Active Directory. Solaris too three... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LauraKtz
1 Replies
GRID-PROXY-DESTROY(1)						  Globus Commands					     GRID-PROXY-DESTROY(1)

NAME
grid-proxy-destroy - Destroy the default proxy certificate SYNOPSIS
grid-proxy-destroy [-help] [-usage] [-version] grid-proxy-destroy [-debug] [-dryrun] [-default] [-all] [--] [FILENAME...] DESCRIPTION
The grid-proxy-destroy program removes X.509 proxy files from the local filesystem. It overwrites the data in the files and removes the files from the filesystem. By default, it removes the current user's default proxy (either /tmp/x509up_uUID where UID is the current POSIX user id, or the file pointed to by the X509_USER_PROXY environment variable) unless a list of proxy file paths are included as part of the command line. Use the -- command-line option to separate a list of proxy paths from command line options if the proxy file begins with the - character. The full list of command-line options to grid-proxy-destroy are: -help, -usage Display the command-line options to grid-proxy-destroy. -version Display the version number of the grid-proxy-destroy command -debug Display verbose error messages. -dryrun Do not remove the proxy, but display the path of the files that would have been removed, or the directory where they would have been removed from if the -all command-line option is used. -default Remove the default proxy in addition to the files included on the command-line. Only needed if other paths are included on the command-line. -all Remove the default proxy and all delegated proxies in the temporary file directory. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
The following environment variables affect the execution of grid-proxy-destroy: X509_USER_PROXY Path to the default user proxy. SEE ALSO
grid-proxy-init(1), grid-proxy-info(1) AUTHOR
University of Chicago Globus Toolkit 5.0.2 04/25/2011 GRID-PROXY-DESTROY(1)