Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How to display IPC limit on AIX? Post 302218046 by jxufe1860 on Thursday 24th of July 2008 07:16:23 AM
Old 07-24-2008
ipcs

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display Mirror State AIX

Hello, how can i see easily the state of a mirrored disk on a AIX 4.3.3. I try followed command: lslv -m >lvname> but for me is not enough information. thanx in advance fenomen (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fenomen
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Cant export display from aix to solaris.

Hi Frnds, i face a peculiar issue. I am managing 200 Aix workstations and 20 sun boxes. I am not anle to export the display from aix workstations to sun box, But vice versa it is working fine. But if i try to export the display to a sun box from other sun box it works perfectly. Could... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriram.s
3 Replies

3. AIX

Is the Length of User ID for AIX Limit to 8 Characters?

Hi, I'm using AIX version 5.3 currently. I'm trying to create a user id, e.g. andyleong, which the system prompted the length is too long. 1. I would like to know is that the length of user id is limited to maximum 8 characters for AIX. 2. Is it apply to all versions of AIX? If no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: meihua_t
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk limitations in AIX 5.2 - 399 byte limit!

AIX version 5.2 has an arbitrary limit of 399 on the length of regular expressions and literal strings in an Awk program. Apart from splitting down the string into multiple strings is there any way around this annoyance? I have a search string that ends up way way too long and blows out... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Peejay
4 Replies

5. Solaris

errors on Netra-440: "IPC Warning: ipc: tcp_protocol: bad magic number"

I was asked to look into a problem with a Sun Netra 440 in another department. On the server in question, the relevant 'uname -a' information is, "SunOS host1 5.9 Generic_118558-16 sun4u sparc SUNW,Netra-440". That information aside, while the other admin is logged into the ALOM, these errors are... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Borealis
0 Replies

6. AIX

Limit a user on AIX

Hello, Sorry for my poor English. I have to reduce rights for a user on AIX system so that: When he does , he find in output, only filesystems on which he has permissions .He can't do to change user. Very thanks for helping. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: edosseh
2 Replies

7. AIX

IBM AIX 5.3 Display

Hi, all! I am new in IBM AIX 5.3. I tried to activate graphical display when connected to my UNIX server. 1) I downloaded Putty to connect to my UNIX server. 2) Then I downloaded Xming and installed it. After that I installed Xming fonts. 3)Then I downloaded AIX fonts and put them into... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Debuger
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help with AIX port limit

Hi guys, I have a problem need to solve urgently, please help me, any suggestion will be great. When my workmates installed a control-m agent in an AIX 6.1 OS, they got an error below: Port exceeded maximum allowed value. No available port found in the specified range up to 65535. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucas_0418
2 Replies

9. AIX

Limit directory Size in AIX

Hello I have a disk mounted on my AIX server and inside the disk, I want to create 3 directories with max size limit, so that the directories can be limited to pre-defined size. Eg: My total disk size is 350 GB and I want to limit dir1 to max of 100 GB, dir 2 to 75 GB and dir 3 to 60 GB and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karumudi7
3 Replies

10. AIX

AIX Fonts and Display issue

Hello Everyone, have a question regarding fonts: #env root@oraapp:/>env _=/usr/bin/env LANG=ar_AA LOGIN=root SSH_TTY=/dev/pts/1 PATH=/usr/bin:/etc:/usr/sbin:/usr/ucb:/usr/bin/X11:/sbin:/usr/java131/jre/bin:/u ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
2 Replies
IPCS(1) 							   User Commands							   IPCS(1)

NAME
ipcs - show information on IPC facilities SYNOPSIS
ipcs [options] DESCRIPTION
ipcs shows information on the inter-process communication facilities for which the calling process has read access. By default it shows information about all three resources: shared memory segments, message queues, and semaphore arrays. OPTIONS
-i, --id id Show full details on just the one resource element identified by id. This option needs to be combined with one of the three resource options: -m, -q or -s. -h, --help Display help text and exit. -V, --version Display version information and exit. Resource options -m, --shmems Write information about active shared memory segments. -q, --queues Write information about active message queues. -s, --semaphores Write information about active semaphore sets. -a, --all Write information about all three resources (default). Output formats Of these options only one takes effect: the last one specified. -c, --creator Show creator and owner. -l, --limits Show resource limits. -p, --pid Show PIDs of creator and last operator. -t, --time Write time information. The time of the last control operation that changed the access permissions for all facilities, the time of the last msgsnd(2) and msgrcv(2) operations on message queues, the time of the last shmat(2) and shmdt(2) operations on shared mem- ory, and the time of the last semop(2) operation on semaphores. -u, --summary Show status summary. Representation These affect only the -l (--limits) option. -b, --bytes Print sizes in bytes. --human Print sizes in human-readable format. SEE ALSO
ipcmk(1), ipcrm(1), msgrcv(2), msgsnd(2), semget(2), semop(2), shmat(2), shmdt(2), shmget(2) CONFORMING TO
The Linux ipcs utility is not fully compatible to the POSIX ipcs utility. The Linux version does not support the POSIX -a, -b and -o options, but does support the -l and -u options not defined by POSIX. A portable application shall not use the -a, -b, -o, -l, and -u options. AUTHOR
Krishna Balasubramanian <balasub@cis.ohio-state.edu> AVAILABILITY
The ipcs command is part of the util-linux package and is available from Linux Kernel Archive <https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util- linux/>. util-linux July 2014 IPCS(1)