Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Grep or other ways to output line above and/or below searched line Post 302217977 by sammac on Thursday 24th of July 2008 02:28:19 AM
Old 07-24-2008
Cool !! SmilieSmilie
sorry couldn't find it earlier.
cheers

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

need grep to output basename and line#

I have a script that sorta works the way I want but I would rather just get the base name and line number from the grep output. My current script is this one liner: grep -n "$1" $SCCSPATH/*/s.*.k | cut -c1-80 which if I was searching for 121197 I would get something like this: ... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: zoo591
18 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to grep / zgrep to output ONLY the matching filename and line number?

Hi all, I am trying to zgrep / grep list of files so that it displays only the matching filename:line number and does not display the whole line, like: (echo "1.txt";echo "2.txt") | xargs zgrep -no STRING If I use -o option, it displays the matching STRING and if not used, displays the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vvaidyan
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to get lines prior to the line being searched

Hi, Can anbody please let me know how i can retrieve lines above the line being searched in a file. I am looking for an error message from a file, if I see that message I want the lines above that message along with this line. how do we do this. Please do let me know An example which i have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunrao_oradba
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep multiple line pattern and output the lines

Hi I have the following Input -- -- TABLE: BUSINESS_UNIT -- ALTER TABLE RATINGS.BUSINESS_UNIT ADD CONSTRAINT FK1_BUSINESS_UNIT FOREIGN KEY (PEOPLESOFT_CHART_FIELD_VALUE_ID) REFERENCES RATINGS.PEOPLESOFT_CHART_FIELD_VALUE(PEOPLESOFT_CHART_FIELD_VALUE_ID) ; ALTER TABLE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pukars4u
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove a specific line from grep output string

Dear All I want to search string "1000" from input file and if it found i want remove line that contain 1000 and also remove 3 line above it and 2 line below it. INPUT FILE: BHAT-D 2 aaa ID CODE GS UPDATE MODE LANG MCO MCL NUMPAGES 50 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaydeep_sadaria
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to grep a number from output line

I`m having a output shown below, CFR 235,BBC DM-2 ALL CFR 111,BBC DM-2 ALL CFR 333,BBC DM-2 ALL from the above Output i want to use 235,111,333 as input for other purpose. these no always change every time i run script.so please suggest me the way i could do it with example,i have tried... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitin_aaa27
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep echo awk print all output on one line

Hello, I've been trying to find the answer to this with Google and trying to browse the forums, but I haven't been able to come up with anything. If this has already been answered, please link me to the thread as I can't find it. I've been asked to write a script that pulls a list of our CPE... (51 Replies)
Discussion started by: rwalker
51 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to control grep output intact for each matching line?

I have multiple (~80) files (some can be as big as 30GB of >1 billion of lines!) to grep on a pattern, and piped the match to a single file. I have a 96-core machine so that each grep job was sent to the background to speed up the search: file1.tab chr1A_part1 123241847 123241848... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut line from searched file if grep find neighbor columns

Hello All, While searching for the question, I found some answers but my implementation is not giving expected output. I have two files; one is sourcefile, other is named template. What I want to do is to search each line in template, when found all columns, cut the matching line from source... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Get an output of lines in pattern 1st line then 10th line then 11th line then 20th line and so on.

Input file: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sagar Singh
6 Replies
MONGOCURSOREXCEPTION(3) 						 1						   MONGOCURSOREXCEPTION(3)

The MongoCursorException class

INTRODUCTION
Caused by accessing a cursor incorrectly or a error receiving a reply. Note that this can be thrown by any database request that receives a reply, not just queries. Writes, commands, and any other operation that sends information to the database and waits for a response can throw a MongoCursorException. The only exception is new MongoClient() (creating a new connection), which will only throw MongoConnectionEx- ceptions. This returns a specific error message to help diagnose the problem and a numeric error code associated with the cause of the exception. For example, suppose you tried to insert two documents with the same _id: <?php try { $collection->insert(array("_id" => 1), array("w" => 1)); $collection->insert(array("_id" => 1), array("w" => 1)); } catch (MongoCursorException $e) { echo "error message: ".$e->getMessage()." "; echo "error code: ".$e->getCode()." "; } ?> error message: E11000 duplicate key error index: foo.bar.$_id_ dup key: { : 1 } error code: 11000 The following is a list of common errors, codes, and causes. Exact errors are in italics, errors where the message can vary are described in obliques. o cannot modify cursor after beginning iteration Code: 0 You are calling a method that sets up the query after executing the query. Reset the cursor and try again. An example: <?php try { $cursor = $collection->find(); var_dump($cursor->getNext()); // getNext() queried the database, it's too late to set a limit $cursor->limit(1); } catch (MongoCursorException $e) { echo "error message: ".$e->getMessage()." "; echo "error code: ".$e->getCode()." "; } // this will work, though: $cursor->getNext(); $cursor->reset(); $cursor->limit(1); ?> o Get next batch send errors Code: 1 Could not send the query to the database. Make sure the database is still up and the network is okay. o cursor not found Code: 2 The driver was trying to fetch more results from the database, but the database did not have a record of the query. This usually means that the cursor timed out on the server side: after a few minutes of inactivity, the database will kill a cursor (see MongoCursor.immortal(3) for information on preventing this). An example: <?php try { $cursor = $collection->find(); $cursor->getNext(); // sleep for 15 minutes sleep(60*15); while ($cursor->hasNext()) { $cursor->getNext(); } } catch (MongoCursorException $e) { echo "error message: ".$e->getMessage()." "; echo "error code: ".$e->getCode()." "; } ?> o cursor->buf.pos is null Code: 3 This may indicate you are out of RAM or some other extraordinary circumstance. o couldn't get response header Code: 4 A common error if the database or network goes down. This means that the driver couldn't get a response from the connection. o no db response Code: 5 This may not even be an error, for example, the database command "shutdown" returns no response. However, if you were expecting a response, this means the database didn't give one. o bad response length: %d, did the db assert? Code: 6 This means that the database said that its response was less than 0. This error probably indicates a network error or database corruption. o incomplete header Code: 7 Highly unusual. Occurs if the database response started out correctly, but broke off in the middle. Probably indicates a network problem. o incomplete response Code: 8 Highly unusual. Occurs if the database response started out correctly, but broke off in the middle. Probably indicates a network problem. o couldn't find a response Code: 9 If the response was cached and now cannot be located. o error getting socket Code: 10 The socket was closed or encountered an error. The driver should automatically reconnect (if possi- ble) on the next operation. o couldn't find reply, please try again Code: 11 The driver saves any database responses it cannot immediately match with a request. This exception occurs if the driver has already passed your request's response and cannot find your response in its cache. o error getting database response: errstr WSA error getting database response: errstr "errstr" is an io error reported directly from the C socket subsystem. On Windows, the error message is prefixed with "WSA". o Timeout error Code: 13 If there was an error while waiting for a query to complete. o couldn't send query: <various> Code: 14 C socket error on send. o max number of retries exhausted, couldn't send query Code: 19 The driver will automatically retry "plain" queries (not commands) a couple of times if the first attempt failed for certain reasons. This is to cause fewer exceptions during replica set failover (although you will probably still have to deal with some) and gloss over transient network issues. This can also be caused by the driver not being able to reconnect at all to the database (if, for example, the database is unreachable). Version 1.2.2+. ERRORS PASSED THROUGH BY THE DATABASE
Database errors should always trigger MongoCursorExceptions on queries. Error messages and codes are sent directly from the database and you should be able to see matching errors in the database log. A few common database errors are listed below: o E11000 duplicate key error index: foo.bar.$X dup key: { /* ... */ } Code: 11000 Database error for duplicate keys. o not master Codes: 10107, 13435, and 10058 Not master errors, piped through by the database. ach of these will cause the driver to disconnect and attempt to find a new primary. The actual error you get on failover may not be a "not master" error, depending on when the change in primary occurs. CLASS SYNOPSIS
MongoCursorException MongoCursorExceptionextends MongoException PHP Documentation Group MONGOCURSOREXCEPTION(3)